Damba's Grow Room Build & First Ever Grow Multi Strain x3

Have I transplanted this plant too low in the pot it has been a little slow growing upwards but no problem sideways up till now and I think it may fill the pot before it grows clear of it. It had a bent stem since day 1 it's now 16 days popped up out of the soil
IMG_20200308_085949.jpg
IMG_20200307_084326.jpg
IMG_20200304_101502.jpg
Tyson is the one back left my problem child lol

I agree my next time I start in my red Solo cups From seed I will only be using coco no perlite .unless at bottom of pot for but extra drainage.

Remember coco always retains up to 30% oxygen . Stopping allow your medium to dry out a bit though .

Good luck with transplanting you add any mycros around holes before you transplant bud?
Hi m8 yes I used Miccorhizal on the roots and the hole in the pot

Hi m8 PH out the tap was 7.2 I got PH down so took it to 6.5 dunno about ppm PH pen dosn't do that just temp n PH
Hi there. Got a ppm pen now and water out of the tap is ppm 0048 at 8`degrees Celsius. EC is 0096 at 8`degrees Celsius. Very cold water I have to make up my water day before to acclimatise to the room temperature

Plants given another feed today they're onto the 3rd stems forming leaves now and wider than the pots now about 12 inches wide and looking good even Tyson has responded a little better. I managed to put a tiny hole in one leaf"got creased on the edge of the pot not massive hole but damaged all the same it is the first true leaf it happened to. Lights off atm so take a photo for everyone to see later tonight

Plants given another feed today they're onto the 3rd stems forming leaves now and wider than the pots now about 12 inches wide and looking good even Tyson has responded a little better. I managed to put a tiny hole in one leaf"got creased on the edge of the pot not massive hole but damaged all the same it is the first true leaf it happened to. Lights off atm so take a photo for everyone to see later tonight
Forgot to mention,Their feed was PPM 177 at 20° degrees Celsius EC 354 at 20°degrees Celsius and PH 6.27 at 20° degrees Celsius. Plant's looking healthy

Hi there. Got a ppm pen now and water out of the tap is ppm 0048 at 8`degrees Celsius. EC is 0096 at 8`degrees Celsius. Very cold water I have to make up my water day before to acclimatise to the room temperature
Are these ppm and EC readings what you would expect them to be?

have you calibrated the pen before testing?...any ppm less than 100 is desirable for drinking water supply, and anything between 30 and 400 is recommended...unless I was running hydroponics, I would't worry about EC, but that's just me...like Sticky, I run organic and don't concern myself with either of these ...from what I've read(very little) that EC reading seems off...dunno'...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:

Looking good Damba! Grow room is very well done man, and the transplant went well. Now that they have some legs you want to establish a wet and dry cycle to encourage root growth. Don’t be afraid to let them dry out a bit right to the bottom.

Do you think for my next run I could use the 8 inch pots for planting a germinated seed ? 1 less transplant then into a lets say a 5 gallon pot, don't think I can go much bigger than that and I'll probably have to find the squattiest pots going

What is your final container size? The main advantages to up potting are that it is easier to water it a container closer to the size of the plant and many people say when they uppot their plants explode with growth at the new space given. I went from solos to 5gallon bags and they were a little slow for me after transplant so I’m adding a 1gallon before the final on this run. We’ll see what difference it makes!

Cheers bro
IMG_20200308_085924.jpg

That one girl that’s deep will be a challenge to water but other than that she should stretch up! If you plan on topping might just have to wait a node or two higher too. My last run had some short stout plants and they were a pain to water the whole time because of how short I trained them! You live and learn!

Looking good Damba! Grow room is very well done man, and the transplant went well. Now that they have some legs you want to establish a wet and dry cycle to encourage root growth. Don’t be afraid to let them dry out a bit right to the bottom.

What is your final container size? The main advantages to up potting are that it is easier to water it a container closer to the size of the plant and many people say when they uppot their plants explode with growth at the new space given. I went from solos to 5gallon bags and they were a little slow for me after transplant so I’m adding a 1gallon before the final on this run. We’ll see what difference it makes!

That one girl that’s deep will be a challenge to water but other than that she should stretch up! If you plan on topping might just have to wait a node or two higher too. My last run had some short stout plants and they were a pain to water the whole time because of how short I trained them! You live and learn!
Hullo all, few photos of my plants 20 days popped up out of the soil. Topped 3 of them except Tyson who is the shortest one near left in the photo.
IMG_20200312_091857.jpg
IMG_20200312_091845.jpg
IMG_20200312_091839.jpg
IMG_20200312_091828.jpg
IMG_20200312_085940.jpg
IMG_20200312_085922.jpg

Thanks guys yes Tyson a bit of a problem his nodes are about a half inch max very strange, he had a bent stem since day 1 out of the soil, has grew a little talker but his leaves just filling up the pot now. I think they are 1 gallon pots dunno just gave the size of it 8 inch wide and 8 inch tall pots so if you know trigonometry you can work it out lol. New and final pots will be again no volume on the pots so they're 12 inch high and 14 inch wide but almost same size at the bottom and top of pots, got another 2 bags of Canna tierra professional on order so that will be 100 litres of soil should be enough still got 25 litres / half bag left so according to what I've used till now my pots atm must be 5 litres /a gallon. I suspect my final pots will be 5 gallon /25 litres.

Also beginning to doubt the way I marked my plants strains, the 2 tallest looking pretty identical and shouldn't be the case, so jurys out positive I haven't mixed them up, still have seeds of same strains so when I plant them have to compare photo's of the different strains. Still not tall enough to train need a few more side branching tho.And Tyson not topped and I'd need to hang him to train him lol .

I used little peat pots at start for 10 days popped out the soil but think it was a day probably 2 days too long and roots entwined in the pots whe I tried to peel them off so next ones going in plastic 3 inch pots for 8 or 9 days before uppotting to the 1 gallon pots or 5 litres or 8 pints all the same anyway lol

I used little peat pots at start for 10 days popped out the soil but think it was a day probably 2 days too long and roots entwined in the pots whe I tried to peel them off so next ones going in plastic 3 inch pots for 8 or 9 days before uppotting to the 1 gallon pots or 5 litres or 8 pints all the same anyway lol
I tried those at first but there a pita so I went to solo cups cut a whole in the bottom they works good!

Back
Top Bottom