Second Grow With New 4x4 Indoor Tent Build

These colas are so heavy when I removed one of the yoyos I had to hold up the one on the left with my hand to take the shot. Scared the crap out of me when I first removed the support. I thought it was going to snap off. I caught it before any damage otherwise it would be an early harvest for that cola.
_DSC6256.jpg

I hook up two Smart Plug energy monitors about a month ago (Jan 09). So far I estimate I use about 463 kWh a month. My electricity is fairly low (for Calif.) at @ 0.117 per kWh. Total monthly cost is $54. One thing to mention is when I hooked up the dehumidifier a couple weeks ago it added 2 kWh per day. The first two months cost $50 per month. Total estimated energy cost for this grow should be around $175 and 1500 kWhs used.

I am really pushing my 15A limit when everything turns on. :laughtwo:

IMG-1065.PNG
IMG-1067.PNG

Without the Chiller.
IMG-1066.PNG

Due to an extra project I just got handed at work I'm postponing the harvest until Saturday. I was hoping to take Friday off but won't be able to.

I started flushing this morning. I drained all the buckets and now letting chlorine free water run through it until my ppms drop to around 180. I add some PH down about every 5 minutes. I am going to start 36 hrs of dark tonight and start harvesting Saturday morning.

Do It!

I’m letting the first of my bunch go longer. Not quite there yet. Shouldn’t be much longer though. I'll put the new microscope to her in a couple hours and see for sure. I kept getting an odd sugar leaf in the background mix when using the loupe, and that was contributing to my initial thoughts. Microscope should fix that though.

It was a busy weekend. I started yesterday around 8:30 and except for a quick break I went until 11:30. Although long and tedious is was kind of therapeutic. As long as I kept my bowl filled.:bong:

First was to set up. I have a screen for trimming that works quite well to collect the kief.

IMG-1071.jpg

The new shears I bought sucked and I could not find the other good pair I used last year which left me with one usable pair. The new ones I bought were really sharp and may have been non stick but I didn't use them long enough to find out. The blade lock (orange plastic square in the middle) kept sliding when you tip the shears and prevented the tip of the shears from closing.
51TqHex1gJL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

The other pair I kept sitting in the alcohol between cuttings which worked fine but overall it was a little slower.

I started with the C99 which did not yield much compared to the Kush. I was done around noon with the C99. The Kush seemed to continue forever.

A few picks of the stalk and root of the Kush.
IMG-1074.jpg

IMG-1076.jpg

I am using the tent for the drying. The back row is the Kush and the C99 is front right of the tent. The hanger has loose buds from both plants. The top (which is hard to see) has the C99 and the bottom 3 have the Kush.
_DSC6365.jpg

I got an nice little pile of kief and several ounces of trim.
IMG-1072.jpg

IMG-1077.jpg

I'm leaving on a 3 day trip starting Tuesday so I can hopefully get the environment stable before I leave. Right now it looks pretty good. I have a dehumidifier in the tent set to 50 RH and a humidifier outside set to 50 RH. The house stays between 45 and 50.

Once they get dryer these numbers may be harder to keep.
IMG-1078.PNG

So the big question is: How much did I yield? No f'n idea. I know the Kush was around 3 times more than the C99. I will guess 3 oz of the C99 and 9 oz of the Kush but I may be way off.

Let's get some guesses and see who comes closest. The winner will get a bunch of likes. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom