Danny Terpintine's Private Oasis

2 Weeks Since Flip.

r4 2 weeks flwer 01.png

r4 2 weeks flwer 02.png

Yeah beautiful garden for sure! I've never grown a strain with 11 fingers but I'm not sure I'd let my leaves get that big 🤣 👌

Well, not an update I wanted to make but it is what it is...

Sometimes life knocks you down... As cliche as that sounds it really is about getting back up again. These past weeks have been a wild time for me to say the least and it really shows in my garden (which I almost completely walked away from a couple of times these past two weeks.) Time to pull up my socks and turn this around, and show you that you can make mistakes in your garden and still end up producing great flower!

It probably looks 10x worse in my eyes that it actually is... idk?
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 1.25.06 PM.png

If you're interested in what happened, I go into a bit more detail in my YouTube vid. 🙏

Well done for the video Danny T. Beautiful colas and stunning nails!

Do you agree with other growers in that droughting can be used in the end of the plants' lives to increase trichome production? Perhaps a bit of a drought occurred here with similar effect?

Well done for the video Danny T. Beautiful colas and stunning nails!

Do you agree with other growers in that droughting can be used in the end of the plants' lives to increase trichome production? Perhaps a bit of a drought occurred here with similar effect?

Thanks so much! 😇

Honestly this was me saying I don't care if they die I'm done. But also me saying I know I can't do that I need to do whatever I can for myself to keep them alive.

There's some degree of drought. Most plants are fine but a couple are drooping before I water. I should probably be doing two smaller waterings per day... but I know in another week or two they'll demand less water anyways. Hoping the couple thirsty phenos will just tough it out lol.

My honest opinion on induced stressors/ crop steering is that a happy plant is a happy harvest. I do introduce stressors to my crops (mostly because I'm pheno hunting/breeding and trying to see how different plants react to different stressors.) But strictly speaking about dry-backs, I like to maintain a happy medium between moist soil and dry soil... just to the point before they start to droop. (I find you really get amazing root growth that way.)

-----

There's been some studies with varying results.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 8.27.50 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 8.33.56 AM.png

Interesting about the CGB going up and the CBD/ THC coming down!

The plants do seem to be toughing it out. Good genetics.

Thanks! Yeah... part of why I'm trying my best to see this run through. Then maybe I'll give myself a couple days to rest and reset. But I started with a huge population and picked out some real awesome phenos. I forget in the stress of life, but when I'm in there touching plants and smelling them... ahh man it'll be so worth the struggle.

Hiya Danny,

I’ve probably had some stuff that has impacted my own first breeding attempt, your YouTube video, first bit was like wow! That’s how I think too

“… my plants might look fine to you BUT to ME…”

We’re in a quiet period of grow cycle at the moment, got just 12 on wow, week 6 flower? And 45 babies in veg up pot from solos Monday I think.

I’m lucky my wife, & Co and my kids can just feed them all and they look Ok, had issues the light with the ones in flower but they’ll be fine, just lost yield.

The 8 for breeding fairing less well, these are some Canuk Seeds Bruce Banner #3 x Gorilla Glue #4 to sex them flipped them early to 12/12 and then back to 18/6 so 12 we had became 8. They’ve had quite a bit of useful stress, plan is to reverse some for seeds and then also cross some with a couple of Animal Mints BX1’s from Seed Junky

IMG_0357.jpeg

They look awful to my eyes 🥲

But life intervenes, we do our best. Don’t let it get you down! Your plants looked better than mine do today!

And like the ever observant and wide @Carmen Ray said - cool nails!

Loving the journal and insights into a much less covered aspect of growing on the site.

Oh the ones in flower?

Here you go because I think I remember you saying before it was a favorite strain?

Bubba Kush? Yours I’m sure are better than mine (my Barney’s genetics seem fine - sure you’ve got your down better!)

And whilst I may not have nails as nice as yours (yet!) I do have nice eyelashes!

IMG_0358.jpeg
IMG_0359.jpeg

With love - Nick & Co

(EDIT - sorry pictures can be confusing, espcially mine! Those solo cups are Mega buckets, 110oz, 0.75 Gallons or 3 litres for anyone not American!)

Hiya Danny,

I’ve probably had some stuff that has impacted my own first breeding attempt, your YouTube video, first bit was like wow! That’s how I think too

“… my plants might look fine to you BUT to ME…”

We’re in a quiet period of grow cycle at the moment, got just 12 on wow, week 6 flower? And 45 babies in veg up pot from solos Monday I think.

I’m lucky my wife, & Co and my kids can just feed them all and they look Ok, had issues the light with the ones in flower but they’ll be fine, just lost yield.

The 8 for breeding fairing less well, these are some Canuk Seeds Bruce Banner #3 x Gorilla Glue #4 to sex them flipped them early to 12/12 and then back to 18/6 so 12 we had became 8. They’ve had quite a bit of useful stress, plan is to reverse some for seeds and then also cross some with a couple of Animal Mints BX1’s from Seed Junky

IMG_0357.jpeg

They look awful to my eyes 🥲

But life intervenes, we do our best. Don’t let it get you down! Your plants looked better than mine do today!

And like the ever observant and wide @Carmen Ray said - cool nails!

Loving the journal and insights into a much less covered aspect of growing on the site.

Oh the ones in flower?

Here you go because I think I remember you saying before it was a favorite strain?

Bubba Kush? Yours I’m sure are better than mine (my Barney’s genetics seem fine - sure you’ve got your down better!)

And whilst I may not have nails as nice as yours (yet!) I do have nice eyelashes!

IMG_0358.jpeg
IMG_0359.jpeg

With love - Nick & Co

(EDIT - sorry pictures can be confusing, espcially mine! Those solo cups are Mega buckets, 110oz, 0.75 Gallons or 3 litres for anyone not American!)

Appreciate the kind words Nick (and Co) ;) <3. Yeah I'd say it all in our heads aha. Your garden still looks pretty solid! :)

Yeah I've always loved bubba. Was some of my favourite flower (especially medicinally) for a long time, still is! Bubba Kush from GHS was the first bubba I grew (and my first grow lol). I'm now grateful to have the matt berger cut around. So that's awesome!

Animal Mints sounds pretty fun too! If you do end up f2'ing those give me a call ;) . I think that's a pack I almost spend $500 on in an auction but then decided not to go further on (That was during his hype era). Should be some cool stuff in there though.

1111 (Angel Numbers). Partially seeded. And if you saw my last vid you know how rough this grow went… and it still looks like that! Quick finisher, pulled this sample nug at 45 days. Threw half of it in a volcano vaporizer…

Notes; smells = kush and chocolate with a hint of purple. Taste = earthy, purple, og. Hit’s instantly, lasted a solid 90 minutes, and then I came back to normal. That 90 minutes was high af, a complete blur. A nice functional indica (does not make you sleepy), great pain relief. Don’t remember a thing and didn’t feel a thing for those 90 minutes at all. Zero burnout afterwards.
1111Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.13.24 PM.png

1111Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.13.29 PM.png

Eutierria - pulled at 45 days.smells like BO (body odour) and kush, on top of orange soda.Taste is very musky (like triangle kush) with some sweet orange undertones.Hit's FAST and HARD. Body feels incapacitated. I don't want to move, any position is comfortable. Mind is blank. Feeling a sense of pain relief I haven't felt in the last year. This might sound funny but it felt like my joints got greased... like I could do a backlfip, but I wouldn't dare LOL.Hit's instant but also a delayed 10min creeper. (The mother was like that was well.) Right when you think this hit nice I'm good, well be prepared for it to really kick in another 10 minutes from now.This one lasts a feww hours. Went to sleep still feeling it. (edited)
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.12.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.12.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.12.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.12.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.12.38 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.12.44 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.12.50 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.12.11 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom