Grow Time - Big Chris - Let's Do This!

Garden Update!

At 41 days old I made an executive decision to start flowering, based primarily on height. The ladies (hopefully most are female..) have been growing about 1" per day lately, even with LST they were 15" at 41 days old. Based on the space of my room we can go 26" for total plant height while still being 3 ft from the HPS at max height (Ceiling is just under 8').. I wanted to veg for another week or two but based on the height limitations it is time. Next round I'll see how I can get more head space, but the table is only 4" off the ground and HPS can't go any higher unless I figure how to rotate the ballast.. And my wife won't let me raise the kitchen floor.

They got a watering same day as well, still at 1/3 strength on the FF nutes will bump that up to 2/3 next watering. Also will be keeping an eye on the dry-out time, previously has been 5-6 days.

About 10-12 days and we can see who the real ladies are of the bunch. Anyway, 12/12 cycle now with HPS set at 1000w (adjustable).

Day44_FloweingStart.jpg

Air cooled is a closed HPS with an opening at either end for attaching a fan and ducting so the heat of the light can efficiently be moved away.

If you are not attaching a fan then you may be better removing the glass to allow more lumens to the plants ;)

No glass under the blub, straight shot to the plants :smokin:

Just realized I hadn't posted an update since we started flower - one plant was showing what appeared to be light bleaching, so I have the HPS turned down to 750 watts for now. That hasn't spread, so probably will kick it back up to 1000 in another week or so - giving them some intro-to-HPS time.

Also, sexes are pretty obvious now - looks like 5 males and 3 females (1 CBD OG and 2 Pura Vida), unfortunately.. Going to give it 1 more day and do final sexing and put the males on the chopping block.. :rolleyes3

Dry-out time is down to 3 days as well, I let the first post-light-change watering go 5 days and they were not happy. 4 days on the second and definitely not happy on day 4 until they got fed. Going with 3 days now, and back on the nutes!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Yes, grow is still alive! Things have been a bit busy here preparing for winter - but the garden hasn't slowed down. Update to follow immediately here :Namaste:

Alrighty, about overdue for a garden update! Lets see here, past few weeks have definitely been active:

Oct 1, 2016:

Sexes visible now, one more CBD OG pulled through as a female so we're right at 50% 4 males, 4 females, 2 of each strain. Duddee looks like a laaddyy!

Oct 10:

Switched to every other watering with nutes, been watering every 2.5-3 days, rotating 1 watering full nutes (FF trio) and next watering straight H2O @ ph 6.3.

Oct 12:

Problems in the garden today. I decided to LST the ladies slightly in an attempt to get some more light to the interior colas. This was not a good idea. Pura Vida #4 broke one of her main stems almost completely off.. I taped, roped and staked her back into place - crossing fingers..

Day67_PV_4_a.jpg

Day67_PV_4_b.jpg

Oct 24:

Pura Vida #4 has been ok for past 1.5 weeks but showing yellow spots, new leaves most affected, looks closest to calcium deficiency.. Light turned down from 750 to 600w today.

Oct 29 & 31: Watering all plants with Cal Mag and H2O, PV #4 not looking happy..

Day86_PV_4.jpg

Nov 3:

Since PV #4 hasn't been very affected by Cal Mag, watered with one final round of nutes today. Planning to cut the ladies down in about 2 weeks and want to make sure they're flushed. Hoping PV #4 hangs on! Light turned back up to 750w today.

Wondering if PV #4 issues are due to the stress of 1/4 of the plant having been snapped and taped back together.. Calcium additions have not made a difference, and all plants have received same soil/light/water/nute treatment - PV #4 only one with issues.

Garden Nov 3 - 6 weeks into flowering (12 weeks old total):

Day89_Garden_b.jpg

CBD OG #3, Nov 3:

Day89_CBDOG_3.jpg

Quick update, will be getting some pics up shortly here - trimming fan leaves off today, getting ready for harvest in a day or so here - been flowering for 9 weeks :).

I have been running into a large amount of seeds though, seems potentially both CBD OG plants have hermaphrodited and pollinated the lot :/ - aren't seeing male parts really except small flowers with definite pollen in them.. And seeds galore..

I've seen a few people note that if a plant hermaphrodites and pollinates itself, the seeds should be 100% female - if that's the case here, it might not be all bad news :Namaste:

I was dealing with seeds galore from one of my 3 outdoor plants I harvested in Sep. No signs of any hermie flowers and only one of the 3 were effected. The good thing is I now have a ton of seeds to experiment with. I've got a couple sprouted that I am going to try some topping and more training to get some plants that look like the ones I see around this site with a nice level canopy and a dozen main colas.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Back
Top Bottom