Dapper's LED HeadStash Closet

DapperNomad

I've wanted to grow my own head stash since I started smoking as a teenager and now I finally have the space, time, opportunity and lack of legal concerns so I've setup my first grow tent. I plan to grow 2 plants each of three different strains on an ongoing basis for my personal use and the enjoyment of growing. I bought the majority of my supplies including the two GalaxyHydro 300w LED grow lights and the Apollo 4x2 tent that are the main components of my setup from Amazon and I think the only thing I'm missing is a humidity/temperature monitor and some clones to get started but wanted to get second opinions and introduce myself first.
20160224_153255.jpg
20160224_153221.jpg
20160224_153210.jpg
20160224_153115.jpg
20160224_153152.jpg

Does anyone have suggestions on how to keep the LED lights in place? They turn to different/random angles like in the pics and I think it would be better if I could keep them lined up parallel with the tent.

I did a practice run of watering tonight, after letting tap water sit in my watering can for a few days I measured the ph which was 7+ I got down to ~6 and then watered my "plantless" pots. I assume adding the nutrients to the water will change the ph also, so is the correct procedure to add the appropriate amount of nuts to the water and then adjust the ph or do you adjust the water add the nutrients and pour?

I also used some dental floss to get the lights to stay in more even position. Overall I think I'm ready to grow at this point.
20160226_212104.jpg

Glad I've been doing the test run the past few days. Realized one of my timers wasn't working last night. Also after browsing through lots of grow journals I think I need smaller pots to start with and will likely put solo cups inside of the 1 gallon pots. But it looks like I won't have a chance to go buy clones for a few more days.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to keep the LED lights in place? They turn to different/random angles like in the pics and I think it would be better if I could keep them lined up parallel with the tent.

First off, glad you started a journal and welcome to the community. To get the lights steadied you'll need to have more than one point hooked up to the bar or hangar. Four is best, but two points is fine. Looks like you have both hanger wires hooked on the same clip. Also up Potting is a good idea for photoperiod plants root mass is of utmost importance. Good luck and keep us posted.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

First off, glad you started a journal and welcome to the community. To get the lights steadied you'll need to have more than one point hooked up to the bar or hangar. Four is best, but two points is fine. Looks like you have both hanger wires hooked on the same clip. Also up Potting is a good idea for photoperiod plants root mass is of utmost importance. Good luck and keep us posted.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks, Not sure why I didn't think of using two or even four carabiners instead of the single one to hold the lights in place how I want them. I still haven't gotten my clones yet. I'm planning to add some perlite, a humidity monitor and also start off in solo cups before transplanting to the 1 gallon pots pictured.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Didn't even notice this post until now but yes this is an abandoned journal I started a new thread: Thin Mints - GalaxyHydro LED - Happy Frog

Back
Top Bottom