Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Dark devil update. They were late starters but definitely shocked me once they took off. Can't wait to see the final results :)
20170420_100425.jpg
20170420_100825.jpg
20170420_100610.jpg
20170420_100556.jpg
20170420_100651.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1915719064.jpg

Dark Devil Day 11 she is growing slow but steady lol
LIVE-LOVE-LEARN

Awwww..... She's so cute LTS. :battingeyelashes: :love: They do tend to start much more slowly than we are comfortable with, and there may be times you look at her and wonder.....but I assure you they hit this point when they explode and shoot up. Then you think "Too spindly" and they surprise you by filling the empty spaces with purple buds.

:laughtwo: Good grief, I love growing this strain. I swear, they're more fun than the others. I don't know what it is, maybe something in the terpenes, but they pull you in like no other.

My DDA7 - the one I butchered the topping of and set her back a couple weeks? - has surpassed her companion in stature in just the last two days. She forced me to put everyone else on risers and lift the lights to accomodate her. Lol!

Hi All! I'm new around here but I have been checking out some of the Amazing Dark Devil Auto grows in this thread...kudos to all! I have never grown Dark Devil Auto before but I have one going right now that is on Day 44 from seed.

I am growing in a 3X3X6 tent, using (2) 300 watt Mars Hydro lights (old style), planted in FFOF in 3 gal fabric pots. I'm also using a 6-inch exhaust fan with a carbon filter, and a 6 inch clip fan to circulate the air. I am feeding General Organics Go Box nutrients. My lighting schedule is 24/0. If I left anything out that you want to know about...just ask!

Besides the Dark Devil Auto, I am also growing 3 other strains in the same tent which include: White Widow Auto, NYC Diesel Auto, and Quick One Auto. The Dark Devil is by far the most unique looking out of all 4 plants I have growing and is by far my favorite!

I like to do my updates with videos and I'm in the process of putting together a few but will definitely be here once per week with an update. I will also be growing this strain again, so next time I will be able to document my grow from the start.

Anyways, for now, I have this short Day 44 video to get started with. I'm looking forward to any feedback, comments, questions, etc...

[video=youtube;0ITvvp6MSHk]
[/video]

Welcome to the group 420growking. DDA is an enticing strain. :laughtwo: Yours has lovely shiny leaves that speak of health and vigor. Thanks so much for sharing her with us. I'm assuming she's stinking up the tent by now? I get berry and fuel in mine. How about you?

Nice sturdy stalk too. May I ask, how tall does she stand from the soil? Your next one you may want to top, somewhere around 4-5 nodes. You'll end up with a fuller plant. This was my last topping, about a month later.

IMG_59638.JPG

IMG_59647.JPG

Come to think of it she looks like the one I didn't top, but tried to restrain. You can see how unsuccessful I was at keeping the apical cola from outpacing everyone else. I find the topped plant easier to deal with myself.

IMG_59659.JPG

Oh yeah guys..... DDA7 started staining the leaves. :yahoo:

IMG_59666.JPG

You know 420growking, what you're doing now probably works best for you in the 3x3. Topping spreads them out a bit, and that may not fit well in your kingdom.

Looking forward to future installments. Welcome to your newest addiction. It's a hard strain to set aside. Get that 24-hr buzz or the boarderline hallucinogenic effect and you're hooked for life. I got both in my first run. I've made brownies with them that rival speed, without the side effects. Can't wait to have enough on hand to do that again. :laughtwo:

I see you're new to the community as well. Honored us with your first post. :hug: :love: If we can do anything to help you settle in you have only to ask.

I have a couple of friends locally that have acquired some DDA. Each of them complains they can not keep a joint lit. Even if they let the bud sit out for a day to dry more. I must admit it is rare I finish a joint of it without having to relight it several times, especially after the mid way point. It even seems to burn at a lower temp than the paper leaving a husk that needs burned off occasionally. I don't have this problem with any of the other half dozen strains I've got on hand.

Anyone else ? :hmmmm:

Hello Everyone,

Rifleman- sometimes weeds just burn like that. I have had a few strains do it to.

Here are a few pics of what I have going on.

Healthiest looking one. Seemed to be treated just the same as all the others. Weird. I may have watered the other three too early. I'm not used to growing in huge pots right from the beginning.

420-magazine-mobile1329530613.jpg

The next three are 18 days old and the previous is a few days younger.

Ugliest one:
420-magazine-mobile479352569.jpg

This one also seems ugly. I don't know what happened? Over watering? I haven't watered for more than a week and the pots are plenty heavy.
420-magazine-mobile262842748.jpg

This is the nicest looking one. How does she look to you?
420-magazine-mobile635295927.jpg

Oh and here is some Chocolope I just harvested.
420-magazine-mobile587875975.jpg

See ya!
:)

I have a couple of friends locally that have acquired some DDA. Each of them complains they can not keep a joint lit. Even if they let the bud sit out for a day to dry more. I must admit it is rare I finish a joint of it without having to relight it several times, especially after the mid way point. It even seems to burn at a lower temp than the paper leaving a husk that needs burned off occasionally. I don't have this problem with any of the other half dozen strains I've got on hand.

Too fine a grind causing it to clump up and restrict airflow?

It's clearly been too long as I don't remember how mine burnt.....I just remember the dribbling and the pretty lights in the forest:rofl:

It's clearly been too long as I don't remember how mine burnt.....I just remember the dribbling and the pretty lights in the forest:rofl:

IDK. Everything is the same as with my other strains, grind, humidity, etc. It just seems the dda doesn't like to burn as hot and tends to go out.

I usually smoke with a bong these days. It's been too long since I smoked a joint of the DDA, but I don't remember this being a problem.

Hello Everyone,

Rifleman- sometimes weeds just burn like that. I have had a few strains do it to.

Here are a few pics of what I have going on.

Healthiest looking one. Seemed to be treated just the same as all the others. Weird. I may have watered the other three too early. I'm not used to growing in huge pots right from the beginning.

420-magazine-mobile1329530613.jpg

The next three are 18 days old and the previous is a few days younger.

Ugliest one:
420-magazine-mobile479352569.jpg

This one also seems ugly. I don't know what happened? Over watering? I haven't watered for more than a week and the pots are plenty heavy.
420-magazine-mobile262842748.jpg

This is the nicest looking one. How does she look to you?
420-magazine-mobile635295927.jpg

Oh and here is some Chocolope I just harvested.
420-magazine-mobile587875975.jpg

See ya!
:)

Overwatering may be the culprit. They start slow to begin with. Sometimes they start so slow that it scares you. :laughtwo: Don't hesitate to let them dry to a wilt before you water next, and see if that helps. Your healthy one's gonna make you smile when she takes off, but don't count the others out.

Hey Rifleman, similar experience with my first dda. Joints wouldn't stay lit and burned a little different out of the pipe...just figured it was me lol. Got 3 more going now so time will tell how these smoke.

:laughtwo: Addictive little strain, isn't she?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can soooo identify.

Having brownies made with DDA feel like speed in plant form hooked me for life.

IDK. Everything is the same as with my other strains, grind, humidity, etc. It just seems the dda doesn't like to burn as hot and tends to go out.

Alright, I'll have to roll a joint and see how it goes.

DDA update here too. Particular Harvest yesterday. Needed Room in my Closet. Cut about 1/3 of the Plant, wet weight was 112g
IMG_20170423_100004062.jpg
IMG_20170423_095743122.jpg

Reminded me of a post Kushtie once made....."Can you spot the Dark Devil Auto?" :laughtwo:

My DDAs at day 19....

Topped one is doing great...Nice lower branches
420-magazine-mobile962452262.jpg

Other isn't far behind but lower growth isn't as far along
420-magazine-mobile254688116.jpg

See, topping an auto works. It scares the beejeebers out of you when you first try, having heard all the stories about how topping them will stall them and stunt the harvest. I've never found that to be true.

The one on the left (DDA7) was topped. The one on the right (DDA6) wasn't. Same age, grown under identical conditions. DDA6 will finish a week or so ahead of DDA7, but the straggler's gonna surpass the harvest yield, from the looks of it.

IMG_598011.JPG

IMG_607110.JPG

Damn! You forget how beautiful they are, and they take you by surprise. Look at DDA6 go!

IMG_60726.JPG

DDA7 just smiles and says "Have your moment girl." :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_60737.JPG

Rolled a nice little joint, fired it up and smoked it straight through, no problem, except that now I'm rediculously high. :laughtwo: All this tells us is that this joint burned straight through, but gosh, that was fun.

Sometimes I need a good reason to smoke a joint. My euphoric sessions are typically fueled by edibles. Thanks Luke. :hug: :love:

Back
Top Bottom