Deep Water Culture Growing Q & A

Re: Stealth Hydroponics Deep Water Culture Growing Q & A

You don't really need any light, until they have sprouted there baby leaves. If you overwatered the seedlings will actually start to rot and will get mushy. If underwatered they will get crisp and brown. Did you sprout these in wet paper towels first?

You don't really need any light, until they have sprouted there baby leaves. If you overwatered the seedlings will actually start to rot and will get mushy. If underwatered they will get crisp and brown. Did you sprout these in wet paper towels first?

Only one have sprouted. Should I turn off the lights until the rest have sprouted?

I did not use the wet towel method. I only soaked them for 24 hours until they cracked and placed them in rockwool.

Hello all. I am new to the Deep Water Culture system I was just wondering is it ok to just start the seeds in the cubes? Is it a must to put them in a wet paper towel? Sorry if this was asked already but i cant seem to find my answer. Thank you for the help

:welcome: to 420!

You want to use the paper towel method to get the seed cracked and the tap root to come out. Then you can put it in Rockwool and into the net pots.

Will the seeds still start growing if they went straight into the rockwool cubes?

Hello all. I am new to the Deep Water Culture system I was just wondering is it ok to just start the seeds in the cubes? Is it a must to put them in a wet paper towel? Sorry if this was asked already but i cant seem to find my answer. Thank you for the help

Yes you can plant seed in 1 inch rockwool,I do it all the time ,I have 100% germ rate, I don't do paper towel thing,not that it won't work,just seems to easy to hurt the tap root .:tokin:

ok thank you very much. Should I run the lights or keep it dark until they come through the rockwool?

ok thank you very much. Should I run the lights or keep it dark until they come through the rockwool?

I cover the little hole with a little rockwool,not much,baby has to push thru,I read something on a seed site that you should read Its on Mandala Seeds,read there germination advice, just look them up,its a good article.hope this helps.:tokin::goodluck:

ozric420 - I read the link, interesting. They do state for their seeds this is what they recommend and that other banks may recommend something else for their seeds. But the logic is there.

This just works for me, not necessarily everyone, and in Roseman's Deep Water Culture Tutorial, he also states that you can start your seeds right in the rockwool in the system. He just prefers soaking and the paper towel method.

:peace:
Agent Green :smokin:

ozric420 - I read the link, interesting. They do state for their seeds this is what they recommend and that other banks may recommend something else for their seeds. But the logic is there.

This just works for me, not necessarily everyone, and in Roseman's Deep Water Culture Tutorial, he also states that you can start your seeds right in the rockwool in the system. He just prefers soaking and the paper towel method.

:peace:
Agent Green :smokin:

Thats all I wanted was to show some logic for what I said, :tokin:

Ok thanks alot guys. Whats the around about time it takes for the seeds to pop threw the rock wool? I have had them in since like late Saturday. I really appreciate all your help.

Seems to vary, but approx 48 hours they should crack and tap root should start growing. Maybe a few days after you should start to see something poke up.

When you put the seed in the rockwool, you are supposed to LIGHTLY cover the hole so the plant can poke up easily. If you covered to heavily, might be hard for it to push up and out.

Hope that helps, but like I said, results for a time frame seem to vary from all the journals I've read here.

Hey everyone im a new grower following Roseman's tutorial and had a question. I am in the process of cleaning the closet, washing the walls, and cleaning the carpet. I know to use Home Defense pesticide but what else is safe? should I also use bleach spray or vinegar? My grow closet has old spider webs etc. and looks like there may be some mold or something bad growing on the wall. I can take pictures if this will help. I also read Roseman vacumned his carpet. I will do this but do I also want to rug shampoo or will this grow mold? Thank you for your help

Hey Roseman how are you doing. I am using the SH system I will be using Pineapple Chunk, 600w, TF Nuitrinets recipe for success. I have read you threads on Deep Water Culture. I understand I can put the seed right into the system and wait for them to sprout. Would the lights be on for 24 for or what need help before I start.

Comorade...I leave mine in the dark, covered, until I see the seed begin to rise out of the rockwool. From there until bloom, it's 24 hours of lights on for me.

I don't know what open seseme is, but SH nutes are fairly mild. A very few people I know have added supplements to them during flower with some success. They seem to work pretty well by themselves, especially for the in-experienced grower. Easy to use and inexpensive. A great way to get your feet wet. Hope that helps alittle.

open seseme is made by fox farm its used to promote budding theres a three part nutes program to make big heavy buds this is my first grow so i need all the help i can get the wife and i started a hydro store highlighting stealth hydros systems am useing the Deep Water Culture system right now

That's awesome! I wish you all the best. I'll be glad to help you to the best of my abilities. :)

Back
Top Bottom