Dehumidifier question

rehabilitatora420

hello guys i got one dehumidifier and i was wonderin can i use it to heat the grow tent since it blowing hot air. my intake is taking air from outside and soon the temperatures will get low and when i bring this cold air inside it will get heated from my led lamp witch produce something like 3-4 graduces inside the tent when is on and off and then if dehumidifier is inside or only the hot air is directed to go inside is it gonna have diffirence in my temperature or will not affect it at all my vent is programed on cycle mode 3 min On and then 5 min Off and so on

If you’re having problems keeping the grow hot, then I don’t see why you couldn’t direct the air back into the tent, providing it isn’t humid air and the air isn’t too hot. Probably going to take a little trial and error to get the fans/timers adjusted correctly.

Hello rehabilitatora420, :ciao:
I have to ask first off. are you in veg or flower?
And what are the night and day temps and RH in the grow space currently?
Reason I ask is you could be in early veg stage and in need of a humidifier. Or you could be in flower where the de-humidifier would help you with both lower RH and bringing up temperature in the space.
its a bit difficult to answer the question of whether or not you need a dehuey unless we know more about exactly whats going on in the space now.
:thumb:

Hello rehabilitatora420, :ciao:
I have to ask first off. are you in veg or flower?
And what are the night and day temps and RH in the grow space currently?
Reason I ask is you could be in early veg stage and in need of a humidifier. Or you could be in flower where the de-humidifier would help you with both lower RH and bringing up temperature in the space.
its a bit difficult to answer the question of whether or not you need a dehuey unless we know more about exactly whats going on in the space now.
:thumb:
at the moment early veg state they are 5 days young averege temp is 27c and humidity is 55% i got dehumidifier witch i plan to use if needed for flowering to reduce humidity but my real question was when i do that is the air from the humidifier will rise the temperatures in the tent? i use humudifier inside the tent at the moment so i can get it to 60% humidity.

Buy a thermostat controller like the Inkbirds. Then you can put the dehumidifier in the tent and let the thermostat control temperature by controlling the exhaust fan.

at the moment early veg state they are 5 days young averege temp is 27c and humidity is 55% i got dehumidifier witch i plan to use if needed for flowering to reduce humidity but my real question was when i do that is the air from the humidifier will rise the temperatures in the tent? i use humudifier inside the tent at the moment so i can get it to 60% humidity.
Yes. Check total wattage draw of the dehumidifier to get a hunch of how much it's heating.

its 175 w consumation and it have a thermostat itself do i need controller when it have ?
I agree with wastei, get some Inkbird controllers. I have a portable AC unit in my grow room, and just keep the AC setting to hi on the unit itself, and the let the Inkbird controllers turn on and off the AC unit when the set temps are met. I use their temp, and humidity controllers.

Agree with @Wastei and @OneMarty about getting some inkbird controllers. A temperature and a separate humidity controller. You mentioned it had a thermostat itself which tells me it isn’t a dehumidifier, it’s an all in one with AC. If that’s the case it’s going to create a lot more heat (exhausting) than a dehumidifier itself would when it’s cooling. And it will have to be exhausted from the space.
Using that unit as a heat source would be pointless in my opinion if that’s your goal. I’d Just buy a small mini heater hooked up to your inkbird temp controller that stays in the tent.

Ya I guess it's pointless. I've been growing for over three years and have been very successful and very pleased with my results. You do what works best for you and I'll continues with the same.

Agree with @Wastei and @OneMarty about getting some inkbird controllers. A temperature and a separate humidity controller. You mentioned it had a thermostat itself which tells me it isn’t a dehumidifier, it’s an all in one with AC. If that’s the case it’s going to create a lot more heat (exhausting) than a dehumidifier itself would when it’s cooling. And it will have to be exhausted from the space.
Using that unit as a heat source would be pointless in my opinion if that’s your goal. I’d Just buy a small mini heater hooked up to your inkbird temp controller that stays in the tent.
no it was my bad it have agrostat
I agree with wastei, get some Inkbird controllers. I have a portable AC unit in my grow room, and just keep the AC setting to hi on the unit itself, and the let the Inkbird controllers turn on and off the AC unit when the set temps are met. I use their temp, and humidity controllers.
may u suggest me some portable ac unit please i will get 100x100x200 tent in few weeks

Back
Top Bottom