What should I do? Heat & humidity problem

NoobgrowerS

Hi.
I have big problems with heat and humidity.
We have very hot with high humidity in my country, much over normal, and for a long time.
I can't find any air conditioner in stores in my town, nor on the shops on internet, all sold out.
My temperature daytime is around 92F, and around 86F in my grow tent.
Rh in grow tent is above 70% and i'm in 4th week of flower.
Bought a dehumidifier today and it lowering the RH below 555% but instead the heat rises to above 95F :(

I have my grow tent in a walk-in-closet, 2 small fans blowing inside the tent, and i have the tube from my exhaust fan blowing out through the window, however, keeping the window open lets the heat in from outside, but if i close it, the air will just go round and round in my closet.

I really don't know what to do?
Skould i trash this grow and start a new one when summer is over?

Regards

Some plants deal with heat better than others. My tents regularly get into the 90s without major problems. I use a silica supplement which is supposed to hep but I don’t think you’re supposed to use it after the first couple weeks of flowering.

How do your plants look? If they don’t look too bad then I would just let them go and see what happens, some buds is better than no buds IMO.
:passitleft:

I live on the surface of the sun, last year I was constantly around 90deg in my tent

If your room temp is warmer than inside the tent, just keep the fans going, tent closed, and pump that air outside

Good luck I bet they do great

Im currently growing Northern Lights and there not as mold resistant as you would think, one of the main problems/advantages with NL is they produce really rock hard nugs, the problem there is that the more dense the nug the more chance you are to then get mold/bud rot, so its honestly really important with NL to be 35-50 HM after 6 weeks of flower.

Iv found with the slightest bit of moisture in a tent full of NL can be really bad, im currently growing some now with fans and dehumidifiers around them.

You should be fine if your win week 4, you will be able to alter them numbers somehow over the next few weeks.

Thanks for all input!
I think i will do this:
Put dehumidifier inside tent, before i had it in the closet outside tent thinking that dry air would be sucked in by the exhaust fan. This way it should be less air volume to dehumidifi.
Rewire my exhaust fan to increase cfm (it has 2 settings of power depending on the wireing) hoping it will draw more heat out of the tent.

If i understand all of you correct,,, it is more important to lower RH than focus on heat, right?

Aslong as you have a fairly decent fan blasting cold air in from a nearby window or even out of the loft, you should be fine, if it were me i would concentrate on the heat right now.

Iv had problems for weeks with heat but since i closed the curtains and windows and fed the exhaust pipe out the room im now sat at 27c running 2 600w HPS lights, soon as you cool the tent, the RH will slowly drop along with it and with the aid of a dehumidifier bud.

Thanks for all input!
I think i will do this:
Put dehumidifier inside tent, before i had it in the closet outside tent thinking that dry air would be sucked in by the exhaust fan. This way it should be less air volume to dehumidifi.
Rewire my exhaust fan to increase cfm (it has 2 settings of power depending on the wireing) hoping it will draw more heat out of the tent.

If i understand all of you correct,,, it is more important to lower RH than focus on heat, right?
Seems like you’re doing all you can do. As long as your plants are looking good, I wouldn’t worry about the heat as much as the humidity personally. Mold will ruin your buds while the heat will just stunt them a bit. If you could add AC it would obviously be the best since it would lower both but you said you can’t.

Seems like you’re doing all you can do. As long as your plants are looking good, I wouldn’t worry about the heat as much as the humidity personally. Mold will ruin your buds while the heat will just stunt them a bit. If you could add AC it would obviously be the best since it would lower both but you said you can’t.
Yeah, i'm trying to.
Think i also will go buy longer exhaust tube to get the air out of the room like higherthehigh did.
That way i can close my window and keep heat and humidity outside.
And,,, first thing when ac comes in stores again,,,, buy one! ;)

Hi guys.
One thing came to my mind.
Well, i put the dehumifier inside tent, but now i'm worried that the Indicator light in the unit have disturbed my ladies and reverted them into veg. Should i be worried? Been 12h in tent when it should been completely dark.
Example pic, not my unit, but the light are similar, intense blue.
led.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom