Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

How many times do I have to say this everyone! We want to see the good, the bad, and the ugly. Let's stop hiding our dirty laundry folks, we can all learn from each others mishaps. With that said I've had enough mishaps to teach a small university.

You've also had some pretty amazing stuff going on there too! I have to tell you, Reg, learning to grow is not an easy thing, especially with lights, and all these fertilizers and diagnosing problems, etc. It's a whole field of science dedicated to it. And that doesn't even touch growing cannabis, yet. So I think you are a pretty darn good grower.

Hey Broke Ass I usually show off my good bad and ugly... I just didn't really put any effort or forethought into that grow. I threw some old bag seed that I didn't even germinate into mostly paint buckets and threw them out in the farthest corner of the property.... I certainly can't see them from the house and honestly I have gone out there maybe a total of 6 times since I put them to dirt... It wasn't that I didn't want to share anything that wasn't pretty I just didn't realize there would be anything to share at all but as soon as I realized they were going to do anything I shared. If you look close you can even see a few ugly leaves...:thedoubletake: So if I wasn't going to share I wouldn't have shown them at all... You know what I think of ugly leaves....:winkyface:... I promise if I had any idea there was going to be anything there I would have made more of an effort to keep up with them and to post them up here.... I have no more dirty laundry other than I have popped a few more beans that have not made it up here yet but will in the next few days......:circle-of-love:

You've also had some pretty amazing stuff going on there too! I have to tell you, Reg, learning to grow is not an easy thing, especially with lights, and all these fertilizers and diagnosing problems, etc. It's a whole field of science dedicated to it. And that doesn't even touch growing cannabis, yet. So I think you are a pretty darn good grower.
Ahh, Bless your heart BKLYN.

Well I'm going to show you guys a bit of a project I have been working on this summer in the back of the property.....

DSC078441.JPG
DSC078453.JPG

Reenforces my desire to pop a few gorilla grows next spring. Either pop some of these Nirvana freebies or pull clones of the plants from the BID grow.

Any suggestions??

excellent job. how deep in bloom is she? she's massive. you may be able to lollipop still and send all energy to the tops.

cloning is something I gave up on lol

excellent job. how deep in bloom is she? she's massive. you may be able to lollipop still and send all energy to the tops.

Why ? ?

i like seed grown plants , but it is cool to get a great pheno from seed & then keep the girl going for further growws
but it is cool to get some clones of things that you can only get that way

Thanks guys... Renegade the best advise I can give on an outdoor grow... is don't do it if you don't like ugly girls..:thedoubletake: Honestly the only thing I did was find the wettest part of the property (by the creek) and literally chunked the beans in MG and cheapo dirt put a bit of step 1 in with the plain dirt ones and gave them maybe 5 sips of step 3 and rain, the creek and the good ol' sun did the rest. I can't take any credit for what they have grown into for real. Mother nature did 90% of it for me.....
b.... There are 6 of the outside girls and they are far to far along for me to be doing anything to em' I am just thrilled that they are producing as well as they are.... it is truly just a gift from nature cause I really didn't even think they would pop. I think they are probably 4 weeks from harvest or there abouts for this area... they call October Croptober around here so my thinking is I should be able to chop them sometime around the middle to end of October. I have no idea what I am growing so I have no way of really knowing how long they need to flower. I did top them some time back because when I checked on them in veg they were growing so tall and straggly... I think that is why the tops look so good. I had never topped anything that much and didn't know what to expect but I am assuming that is why there are so many top colas on each of them. The ones that look like they have been stripped at the bottoms.... that was done by the deer......:circle-of-love:

PeeJay... I got some shots of the medium while we stirred it up yesterday and it is obviously doing what it is supposed to do.... The yuck is growing and looking all nasty but I think that is what it is supposed to do. The moisture we added is still there and I tried to get a shot where you could see the moisture so here ya go...... :oops: I forgot to get a shot of the compost so I will do it today and post it in a bit.....:circle-of-love:
DSC078672.JPG
DSC078682.JPG
DSC078691.JPG
DSC078701.JPG
DSC078712.JPG

Come on B, join my crusade! I had given up too but now I'm determined.

That's perfect Fifi. That's how it should look when it first starts cooking. Mines did the same but I stirred it before taking pics. It smells flowery right?

I don't know if I would call it flowery but it smells like dirt now instead of like ProMix...... I was very pleased when we opened up the totes yesterday. They had held the moisture we added and it smelled exactly as I thought it would.... It kinda smells like really rich soil from the fields around here. I really am getting pumped about using this medium......:circle-of-love:

Fifi, where the doublehockeysticks are you going to put more beans? I think you are almost ready to chop some things, right? I already friggin forgot what I just read not a half hour ago.

SO FRUSTRATING!

My great nephew was bugging me to pop a bean for him to grow so I let him... Actually he popped a Auto Pineapple Express.... Would not have been my choice for him since I have never grown an auto and haven't a clue what to tell him to do but so far so good and I will post up a pic in a bit for him.... I also popped a Pure Kush bean for a friend... He asked me to grow a mother for him to be able to clone from so I agreed to grow it for about 4 weeks then he has to take her away. She popped over night and was put to soil and popped soil the very next day and has already been potted up to a 1 gallon pot. I have never had a bean grow so quickly and the tap root was huge but it is not a girl I will be keeping.... I am kinda sorry too cause I have never had one pop and look as strong as this bean but I have already told him it will be ready in about 3 weeks now soo that just leaves what I have and in the baby box I have a Black Jack that is doing very very well then in the tent is the horrible WW auto that is just there cause I haven't needed the room yet and the Black Russian that was a bit stunted but is making progress.... In the cabinet is the B2B that is huge and beautiful and the best grower I have ever had and the Wild Thai clone which has totally turned around from bloom and is finally back to veg and growing..... Then lastly I have the Skunk Afghani that I should be able to chop in a couple of weeks and the Green xxxxx that will most likely be chopped this weekend or the first of next week.... I am extremely excited about this harvest too.... She is by far the gooiest and stickiest I have ever grown. She actually has what I think are called hash tips.... Where the trichs are literally stacking on each other at the end of the nugs..... she is pretty much all cloudy and about 20% ambers today so not much longer.... She is 57 days in flower today and the breeder info is 50-55 days so surely she will be ready soon.... The only other thing going is the AK flux and my outside girls and the possibility still that the Bubba Kush will pop but it doesn't look good for Bubba.... She was germinated and her tap root was not impressive but we put her to dirt anywho and she still has not popped and it has been over a week so I really don't think she is going to pop... That's all I got folks......:circle-of-love:

Thanks guys... Renegade the best advise I can give on an outdoor grow... is don't do it if you don't like ugly girls..:thedoubletake: Honestly the only thing I did was find the wettest part of the property (by the creek) and literally chunked the beans in MG and cheapo dirt put a bit of step 1 in with the plain dirt ones and gave them maybe 5 sips of step 3 and rain, the creek and the good ol' sun did the rest. I can't take any credit for what they have grown into for real. Mother nature did 90% of it for me.....
b.... There are 6 of the outside girls and they are far to far along for me to be doing anything to em' I am just thrilled that they are producing as well as they are.... it is truly just a gift from nature cause I really didn't even think they would pop. I think they are probably 4 weeks from harvest or there abouts for this area... they call October Croptober around here so my thinking is I should be able to chop them sometime around the middle to end of October. I have no idea what I am growing so I have no way of really knowing how long they need to flower. I did top them some time back because when I checked on them in veg they were growing so tall and straggly... I think that is why the tops look so good. I had never topped anything that much and didn't know what to expect but I am assuming that is why there are so many top colas on each of them. The ones that look like they have been stripped at the bottoms.... that was done by the deer......:circle-of-love:

You are modest to the 10th degree. But we truly understand what your saying. You dropped some beans and walked away. My plan is to do the same, either to drop some beans, start them in the AG or clip clones from the BID grow. Either way I, like you will just prep the soil plant them and forget them as best I can...LOL.

Regardless of your intent you've given us some great advice and for that we thank you.

Oh that was so sweet... Thank you..... I truly do hope my antics help someone else not screw up things like I do and I really do try to pay it forward in life as I have been so blessed and truly believe in karma.... If ever I can help in any way with any question please just ask and if I don't know I will do my best to find the answer for ya......:circle-of-love:

I testify to that!

Back
Top Bottom