Determining Harvest Time

Re: -------'s Determining Harvest Time

I did a little browsing and found the next scope I'd be picking up
ed87_deluxe_handheld_gigital_microscope.jpg

Re: Roseman's Determining Harvest Time

Hello Guru of Grow.. im on the 50th day of flowering so im going to go with your advise and get a look at the tri's. i have amber in them 50% so i m thinking of harvesting if the are all milky..Thanks for the News

Hello Guru of Grow.. im on the 50th day of flowering so im going to go with your advise and get a look at the tri's. i have amber in them 50% so i m thinking of harvesting if the are all milky..Thanks for the News

BB,
The natural progression of Trics is: clear, cloudy, and then amber. If you are seeing 50% amber the other 50% is cloudy. Time to harvest.

If half of them are amber, (and I only go by the top 1/3 of the plant) then it is time now! But 50 days ....depends on how yu count flowering time. If they ahve been in 12/12 56 days, 8 weeks, it is near time. And be sure the calyxes are swollen......and there are very few white hairs (pistals)

Nice thread Rosey ! I bought one of those radio shack scopes , they are a bitch to focus!! But when you do it is really neat !! Hydronewbie I did the same thing and I still try to read my plant with that even though I know it's near impossible . I don't want to cut any of my buds yet .So are the trichs going to be the same from the leaves to the white hairs, to the calyxes ? I've still got tons of white hairs and I'm hoping for even more weight ! I'm learning patience thats for sure ....:peace:

1_21_10_001.jpg
1_21_10_002.jpg
I just these and zoomed in to check out the trichs. Looks like I still have a few wks !? What do you think Roseman ? :peace:

When these are on my pc I can zoom way in and get a clear view of them. Much better than trying to focus my camera that close up. :peace:

Yeah very few are getting any brown on them ,and after zooming in on my pics I could see mostly clear trichs..Looks like I have more waiting to do.Man I really want this grow to be over so I can clean up and paint that area and move my others in to veg .Than it looks like I'm going to be doing a Roseman grow -I moved all my stuff out of my bedroom closet and am going to hang my hps in there and make it my flowering room. At least till I get my tent going ..Take care buddy !! :bong:

With the smaller microscope, it is easy to cut a sample of a trim leaf off, just snip the tip off. Then you take it to the kitchen table, holding it with tweezers, laying it on a white dinner plate to examine it. To learn how, seek the edge of the leaf. After you get the hang of it, and get some practice in focusing the microscope, it will get much easier to do.

it seems like the trichs on my sugar leaves turn amber faster than the buds so i like to actually check the buds and from different parts and heights of the plant to get a more accurate harvest time. also alot say w/ those small 60-100x microscopes you need to press up against the bud to see, that is not true, just need to practice. you can actually hold it about .250" away and still focus it right.

the best way for me to check trichs was with my canon powershot sd750, good camera, put it in macro and zoom in on individual trichs if u want... too bad its broke and i cant find another one anywhere :(
i cant even find a digi cam to replace it that i like as much as i did that one.

i miss my camera :( heres a trich shot i took w/ it
rsz_img_2159.jpg

That's a really nice shot rc51sport! Have you thought about getting the camera repaired if possible? I should experiment with mine a bit more and see what I can really do with it.

:peace:

thought about it... but it sounds like everything inside just rattles, sounds like a billion small plastic pieces inside. scared to have anyone open it up lol i dont want to know how bad it is.

it seems like the trichs on my sugar leaves turn amber faster than the buds so i like to actually check the buds and from different parts and heights of the plant to get a more accurate harvest time. also alot say w/ those small 60-100x microscopes you need to press up against the bud to see, that is not true, just need to practice. you can actually hold it about .250" away and still focus it right.

the best way for me to check trichs was with my canon powershot sd750, good camera, put it in macro and zoom in on individual trichs if u want... too bad its broke and i cant find another one anywhere :(
i cant even find a digi cam to replace it that i like as much as i did that one.

i miss my camera :( heres a trich shot i took w/ it
rsz_img_2159.jpg

Thats a great pic, there, rc5,

sorry about your camera!

Re: -------'s Determining Harvest Time

Thought I would come see what the unwanted, abused and socially unexcepted folks are up to. LOL Good Harvest Time info! :peace: MF

Rose...You tryin to buy my vote?? I like you already!! LOL LOL Reps right back at ya man. I luv a crooked campaign...LOL :peace: MF

Great post about trichomes. Just today I showed off my microscope on another thread to someone as a suggestion to obtain from Radioshack as a way to not harvest too early. Its one of those things thats better late than early.
crappy_microscope.JPG

Although at first I didn't like it, once I got used to holding it up to my eye I couldn't stop using on everything lol

Musik :ganjamon: :thumb: :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom