DG's first grow Northern Lights

dakota grown

OK, I've been lurking in the shadows around here, scrounging for info for long enough. Time to get out in the open and get my grow on. Here's what we've got:

10 seeds, Nirvana's NL 100% pure indica
started in paper towel on 01/01/09

NL_seeds_in_paper_towel.JPG

stuck them in cups with plain potting soil I had lying around, and got 10 sprouts.

ten_sprouts_so_far_so_good.JPG

now here we are, and they seem to still be fairly healthy and happy

still_fairly_healthy_and_happy.JPG

I've converted a bathroom I'm not using in my mobile home into my grow room. when my sprouts become happy little seedlings, I'm going to transplant them into one gallon pots for my veg cycle (will switch to three gallon pots for flowering).
Soil Mix:
50% potting soil
25% compost (w/manure, according to the bag)
25% perlite

I plan to fertilize with the Fox Farms trio (GB, BB, TB)

I have a 1000W MH light air cooled with a 6" vortex fan. also have a HPS bulb for flowering (and a switchable ballast).

I'm a busy guy, so you'll have to bear with me if I'm not here keeping you posted on a really regular basis, but I won't leave you hanging either. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out.

hey, good luck dude. i just started my nl grow...looks like a week behind yours.

OK guys, first here's a pic of my babies
100_01342.JPG

now a couple of questions:
these plants were given identical everything. why is one dark green and one kind of pale?
100_0135.JPG

and second, how soon do you think I can SAFELY transplant these into some better soil. I've got them in some old potting soil I had lying around and it doesn't drain very well.(also note the crusty white residue on top of the soil)

oh yeah, check out the one in the top right corner of the first pic. Is this one even gonna be worth keeping?

No expert here but sure looks like mold to me prolly due to poor drainage..Best way to replant form smaller pots is to let soil dry couple days and should pull right out,root ball intact,or cut away the cup and try not to disturb the roots.Good luck

Looks like mold to me to. actually I think the plant on the left looks healthier though. Is it getting better light from placement in the room?

dakotagrown, welcome & thanks. Pull the top little one. I agree.
and second, how soon do you think I can SAFELY transplant these into some better soil. I've got them in some old potting soil I had lying around and it doesn't drain very well.(also note the crusty white residue on top of the soil)
Yes, into the 1 gal containers. You answered your question above. " old potting soil, des nor drain very well. "
Transplant them now into those 1 gal for veg containers. don't use old soil, get some new. They are ok to go under HID. Start a gentle feeding schedule. what will you be using?

thanks for the advice guys. I kinda figured I might have trouble with that old potting soil, but I've got a bunch of soil and compost that I picked up this fall (currently frozen solid in my tool shed). I'll be transplanting them in a couple of days to the 1 gal pots. the mix will be:
50% potting soil
25% compost
25% perlite
I'll be using fox farms (GB, BB, TB) for my nutes. I'll probably start a 1/4 strength feeding schedule when I get them transplanted. And yeah, I think it's time for the runt to go. I hoped it would get better and catch up, but it looks like it's not going to amount to much.:rip:

glad to see someone starting a soil NL grow so close to mine. i haven't started yet, but plan to very soon. maybe i'll let you get a couple of weeks out in case you run into problems...let's hope not though!! good luck man, lookin good already.

cool NL
i got some of them last year. i planted mine outside but me spot got found out and 30 plant were taken from me...............oooo well gd thing i wasn't there lol

nirvana ones grow really strong lol and fast to i'll be looking forward to this especialy to the flower period

alright, time for an update. As you can see, we have new pots, and things are progressing fairly well.

shots from Tuesday
100_0149.JPG
:
100_0150.JPG

and Saturday
100_0153.JPG

100_0154.JPG

100_0155.JPG

once again, thanks to everyone for all of your input:thanks:

man, those look good. keep up with the good work! plenty of light, fair amount of water. I've found the trick to be not to water unless the soil is dry up to about an inch deep.

here's some individual shots. sorry the pics aren't great, I'm not too good at this photography thing.

1491.JPG

2366.JPG

4258.JPG

5196.JPG

6172.JPG

7151.JPG

8135.JPG

9107.JPG

1090.JPG

and a couple more of #10 (the best looking so far)
100_0170.JPG

100_0169.JPG

waited a little too long to fertilize. Note the yellow leaves (about half the plants have this yellowing)
pale.JPG

right after these pics were taken, I watered them with Fox Farms GB (one tsp/gallon) and BB (one tbls/gallon)

Back
Top Bottom