Did I mutilate these mothers too much B4 n After pics

closetorganic

These mothers grew too big for my space and lights so I had them some 2 weeks with no lights except our bathroom lightfixtures which I left in dark for not more than 8 hours. Boss (Wife) not happy, they were on sink counter near mirror lites!! They are towering over 2 clones from the taller one I cut nearly 6 weeksago and tried my first attempt at LST on. Before picture
012441.JPG

My 400w switch ballast can only raise 8-10" higher and they were pretty leafy and branchy and to tall to flower as wAS so here they are now I guess I kinda Low STress tied tall branches over and and plucked handfuls of big fans and many potential clones it felt like 50 I found alot of mite damaged leaves and pulled anything that was eaten from then sprayed a mite spray last night those damn mites My biggest stress
016312.JPG

I guess Im wondering what I should maybe expect ?
They are day 1 flower under MH now gonna run 16/12 for a week,I have times written and will daily change my 24 hour timer. Its my version of lite manipulation I read in our forum that seemedto hard forme It should give them 24 hours extra light the first week then I will switch to a HPS bulb an put them at 12/12 basically when they hit my original start time. Reused FFOF soil slightly amended with castings I use GO biothrive vegan nutes and last 2 waterings 2tsp grow and 2tsp bloom an sum molasses a gal and I will continue that til 12/12 then 4tsp bloom and summolassesand hopefully get in 2 waterings of homemade areated tea spacedout b4 harvest rh averages 40% and temps light on 80 and off at 70 They are 2 dif bag strains clones cut mid July this year from seeds I started and sexed then put extras outside in June.
Im open too any and all suggestions that may better my grow or warn me what may be coming my way
Thankyou upfront on replys

Thanks guys Thats good to hear Cultivator, and WizHigh I wish I could of tryd rooting those cuttings I took but Im 1 plant short of the state law and they hit the compost sad to say It was easier doing that then just thinking about chopping the mothers. The one on the left still looks bushy and like you said I should remove some weaker branches The clone I entered in Nov P of Month was cut same time/mother as one on left but I flowered her rite under the light Now these 2 are off to the sides with less intensity so Im not expecting similar harvest and have a feeling my little ones in the middle might equal or exceed their strain mom each singlely. I really dont want them to stress herm and seed my room I guess besides dieing a worry of mine.:thanks:

wizHigh are you meaning slowing her growth alittle in the stretch? That would work for me then sinceI was thinking of modifying my room to slide the light from side to side about a foot off middle each day.Its small at about 3'x4' and 5'h only 41/2 from floor to bulb at highest. By the way I looked in on your journal
First Grow (Injecting nutrients into plant stock) GLR 400w - In Progress
and am awe struck. Im amazed and never would have pondered that idea. YOU GUYS ARE SCIENTISTS EXPERIMENTING IN YOUR GROW LABS. So cool and over my head but great stuff! I recently realized Im at elementary level growing organic when I learned of High Brix gardening and have now began to mineralize my soil when I ammend and reuse it. I havent foliar fed yet but thought that style was the top level organic grow until now that you've INJECTED a higher level in my brain!
Again so cool and thankyou for even looking at my post and commenting too!
:thumb:

here is an update on my grow. I did go that first week under metal halide at 16/12. The taller on the left already had preflowers at the start and the right one caught quickly but the clones took 8 or 9 days to show a hair. They are from the left one too that was the most into flowering. so I have a feeling the mothers will finish a week or 2 sooner than the 2 clones which grew great and I trensplanted them to 3 gallon containors with my own attempt at brix mix i made they are still on milk crates and theres a canopy going on now.

09212.JPG

The 2 mothers I felt I mutilated I must have stressed into early flower before starting there was mostly buds growing and little stretch when I began except the clones which had a strong stretch and are back at close bud nodes. They ripped the pipe cleaners from the gorilla tape in new pots today I supercropped 7 tall branches on the clones and within hours the one inch topper tip of the bud is straight up They were about 4 to 6 inch of stem I lightly rolled at the spot I wanted bent and basically folded them over 90' that stayed bent as the tips turned up for what I think will be a canopy of many toppers even size with equal growth hormone fueling them. If the mothers get out early those clones will get better light the last couple weeks.
Problems are Spidermites that are affecting the mother on the right that is even with the clones now. I got neem oil and mix with sum quart water and a few drops of meijer dish soap that says drink water if injested not seek medical so I think its kinda safe to break up the oil a little and totally misted under leafs the stems top leafs of every plant in every plant I have and am going to continue useing in veg. They were neemed last night before S.C.and also about 5 days ago when I got it and am trying to keep my humidity up manually This neem oil I read doesnt kill them just afects reproduction and maturing. I see with naked eye damage as I dont have a mag yet and pluck the leaves I see eaten from because I assume there is eggs there too they are flushed not composted. I am grateful this hasnt overcame my plants yet and feel it wont and is only affecting one to my sight Everything is crowded now and could spread easily.
Then there is another problem the clone on the right I spotted today on one of the LST branches a male flower all by itself low where I thinned out leaves and branches So I freaked out on that same branch one more unopened flower I found Now Im really looking and found no more on no one in ther but I will check daily now . On these 2 strains I haver never a seed on multiple grows so it doesnt seem herm genitics to me but just a stress. I didnt take a pic but if I see another one I will before pinching it

ctually Wiz I have nothing for stress. I just guessed I may have done that with light starving but I also remembered that taller one on left was in a 1 an ahalf gal pot until about a week before this flower so like 4 months and it was rootbound and basically abused which is my other guess for additional stress. I just use Gen Org biothrive veg and bloom ferts and they are getting 4 tsp bloom and a pour of molasses per dechlorinated tap gal. When I joined here I learned and discovered ph problems eventually got a tester and had up down kit I got a couple years ago and started adjusting ph bringing it down from like 8 to mid 6 . Then I read let the nuted water sit a few hours and also that an organic soil mix should also buffer it and one shouldnt ph it. So Now I do let it sit a couple hours and it goes from near 8 to 6.6 6.8 on its own. I ve never tried anything else except homemade teas which I need to start making tonight hopefully to get at least one tea watering during this flower . I think Ive seen superthrive and it was cheaper and I guess I should have some on hand, Do I only add when I notice issues or is it something for most waterings?
Oh yeah Wiz I hope you take the mem of month honor , I voted you and have used info I learned from you includeing the GLR in my veg now and help understanding my mites in that garden pest post of yours.I havent been here long and will look for help your way so thanks and keep up the good work and grows. :adore:

Thanks man I really appreciate it. The root bound will be a reason for stress on the plant. Super thrive is cool but it could get expensive and it doesn't last as long. Pick you up some Liquinox 021 Start with Vitamin B-1, 1-Gal. Go on amazon it's only $20 for a gallon. I would use it every watering it's great for all types of things and it will promote new growth as well in the roots. GLR is very good way to save on electric cost and to give your plants a boost in veg. I will always stick to GLR. And thanks for reading my pest thread. I just like to share info that I read all the time. I always feel someone would love to read and know the info I do. Hope you get a journal up soon I would be subbed and like to see your grow start to finish! Any questions just ask away & if I don't know the answer I have great growers in my friends list and ill ask the right ones for the job to answer it for you :thumb:

Thanks man :) I just keep positive and help who ever ask. Never had a problem with taking the time out to give or find out good info for someone in need of growing some good green plants.:ganjamon:

Yea I use to be scared to order from the web also. But one day I took a chance and bee ordering from the web ever since. I usually just do site and store reviews before i order to see the feed back they get. But that product is only on amazon where I found it. I couldnt get on any other web site. But it will do your plants wonders! :thumb:

2 more male flowers found today.
030124.JPG

As you can see I havent been checking enough for that one looks open. The only ones I saw checking each plant.They were on the same plant and Im pretty sure same branch as other 2 I found like 5 days ago. Im not going to chop plant or branch, just try and catch them fast enough. I ready to try a new strain with a name. I will keep seeds if I get some since I havent seen herm genes til now and its isolated so far to one area that may have been stressed? It would help me skip trying to force some seeds just to keep a bagstrain that has helped me and probably could never again.oh no my hoarding habits are knocking. Its usually junk I keep and collect so I will instead reschedule the forceing idea on better stuf I know there is for me out there.
On the better note all the cropped branches decided to straighten out now I shoud have tied those branches after bending now I afraid of snapping at the knuckles if I bend again. I mite just let them go now for that reason.
032107.JPG

025175.JPG

I dont know how to start journal yet and I just carry on with some threads I started with my grow so advice on other issues noticed and suggestions are cool and I take criticism fine on my grow because im aiming to improve the little experience and knowledge I have for better grows

Its been just 6 weeks flowering and Im ready to chop this grow down. The plant that hermied I kept checking best I can looking for new male flowers that just seemed to hang low, I shoulda marked those branches but it seemed like only a few like not the whole plant. I did find one on the other clone but none on the mothers. After reading from Wiz High
Im loving how full it is in there. I say try to collect some pollen and breed later with it. Breeding is a good thing you can make your own strain and female seeds. I wish I wouldve kept my male plant
I looked into saving pollen a little,but just decided to next time I found a male flower I would smear it on the mom of a different strain. It was the better one to me and also looking sad from the spidermites and not running strong as I ve had that one grow like especially on my last harvest. About 2 weeks ago I didnt save pollen just bred a little at that moment(on like 4 topper buds which I regret some since she perked up and a few better buds are seeded now!). Then those male flowers on that clone stopped afterwards things were looking good none I found untill on one topper a couple bananas poking through. I cut that whole stem branch off , 2 days later found another topper growing a banana and cut taht one too.It was only at the top buds on these 2 say 12 inch stems.That was a week ago and no male fowers since. At the moment I can find seeds on every plant maybe 15 to 20 of them I can see but am most interested in the ones I bred
.There are a few reasons why ites worthwhile to me to stop this grow.
To start the next one to be able to finish a 8 week flower before lease is up and its possible to move.
The smell could clear some before kids bday parties in early feb.
About half the hairs are orange brown on all plants
I am out of buds!
veg room is over growing space
I need Some modifying of gheetoo bud room to eliminate light leeks and get better distribution of light too

Not even close. If u leave 1 leaf and 1 growing tip she will come back. Cannabis is a diocese, woody, herbaceous, annual. But it is a weed lol. They will grow to spite you if nothing else. I'd be 100x more worried about mites than I ever was about cutting too much. They're hard to kill

Sorry didn't notice this was 2 pages deep already lol.
The herm being so isolated (down to just a single branch?) Could be a very strong indicator of a light leak in that spot. Especially if u have been running the strain before and is know to otherwise be stable.

Do u keep a mother or clone from a clone? The latter can cause genetic depression over time. Its usually a slow process tho. But I wouldn't rule it out. Camp out in ur flower room right before lights out with some gorilla tape in hand. Once they go dark go to town with the gorilla tape on any leaks.

Back
Top Bottom