Did this hermie?

Canuckush

Found 3 of these on my plant over 40 days into flowering.
20190704_220056.jpg
20190704_220032.jpg
20190704_221008(1).jpg

What do you think? I did remove a couple of lower fan leaves 2 days ago and this plant has rust spots on some fan leaves.

These plants are small, wrong nutes in veg. This particular plant is only 20 inches tall.
There are 3 other plants in the space, did I just jeopardize them by breaking that sac in the space?

did I just jeopardize them by breaking that sac in the space?
Not unless it was full of yellow powder (pollen)-that one doesn't look like it was mature yet,so you're probably fine-but they don't stay immature for long,so you should get that plant away from the others asap...

Damn, it seemed powdery when I broke it trying to pinch it off with tweezers. And it was at lights out so I closed up the space for the night.

Shit...
Not much to do now except hope for the best,but do get that one out asap.
You may get lucky and only end up with a few seeds-or none if you're really lucky.

Shit...
Not much to do now except hope for the best,but do get that one out asap.
You may get lucky and only end up with a few seeds-or none if you're really lucky.
So do I just cull this one? No point continuing the grow with it? Is a hermied plant good for anything? Seeds? Smoke? My understanding is just toss it away.

It's not really good for anything-any seeds it produces will probably be hermies,and the buds will be full of them.
I think I'd toss it just to be sure it doesn't pollinate anything else.
It sucks,but It'd be the safest thing to do.

It's not really good for anything-any seeds it produces will probably be hermies,and the buds will be full of them.
I think I'd toss it just to be sure it doesn't pollinate anything else.
It sucks,but It'd be the safest thing to do.
Ok, that's what I was thinking, thanks for confirming it. Much appreciated.

One of the top buds that was forming
20190705_001956.jpg

Damn, so much time invested, grow and learn...grow some more.

Damn, so much time invested, grow and learn...grow some more.
Now you just have to figure out if it was weak genetics that caused this (and that is becoming more and more frequent these days with all the interbreeding going on) or if it was your nute mistake early on that caused the plant to hermie from that stress. Since that happened back in veg and plants tend to adapt to most everything we do to them during that time I would tend to move toward the weak genetics solution to the mystery, especially if this is an auto that would not have the time to adapt while it rushes forward into bloom despite everything we might do to them.

Now you just have to figure out if it was weak genetics that caused this (and that is becoming more and more frequent these days with all the interbreeding going on) or if it was your nute mistake early on that caused the plant to hermie from that stress. Since that happened back in veg and plants tend to adapt to most everything we do to them during that time I would tend to move toward the weak genetics solution to the mystery, especially if this is an auto that would not have the time to adapt while it rushes forward into bloom despite everything we might do to them.
These last couple of weeks have been hectic, I don't have a proper tent so although the lights are on a timer I have been late closing up the blackout curtain and door, I believe it was an inconsistent light schedule that confused the plant.

That would do it and could also explain the small size. My plants usually look a lot more mature by day 40 of flowering.

:passitleft:
Size wise I kind of knew my first mistake was up-potting them directly from a seedling pot to the 5 gallon buckets, I realized that after I read about how the roots won't grow properly.
After I culled this one last night I checked the roots, although they formed a bit properly they were still small for their age. Next time I'll go to a 3 then to a 5. Live and learn.

Well that is tragic, I may just cull the whole lot at this point and hope that my clones do better, they're in a different part of the house.

Back
Top Bottom