Dirtfamers Backyard Giants

Congrats on a most beautiful garden dirt. When those things are in full flower you'll win every picture contest that's being ran on this internet that Al Gore created!!!!!

I cannot get over the size of those stalks! Everyone thought mine were trees...HA!
You truly are an inspiration to anyone that wants to take a crack at growing outdoors. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us. I can't wait to watch them mature!

You lucky devil! I love good garden tomatos!!!!!

I wish you nothing but peace and harmony.

dirt....talk to me about mold. I assume that's the reson for the carport? So you can stretch plastic over it and prevent the rain from soaking your buds?

What's your experience?

This is my first year with plants in my backyard. I am in the pacific NW so we gets lots of rain. As for the carport I am just trying to keep them dry. The 3 plants are so crowded that the mold really worries me. I lost a lot of bud growing in the hills to mold. Now that they are in my backyard I can baby them.

Thanks for the kind words.

Here another shot. See me standing back there?

SL738433.JPG

And some more base shots.

SL738434.JPG

SL738435.JPG

The weight of the buds a threat of breaking branches already? If not, y tie the base like that?

Well when they are 10 feet tall swinging in the wind yah thay can break. Buds or no buds. Also I like to tie them up early rather than waiting for some to break, If I was to lose any of the tied branches that would a lot of bud to lose.

Cheers

Gotcha. Sounds like ur speaking from experience. Happened b4?

Yeah I have it happen before but not with plants this size. I was informed to do it by someone with experience with large plants. Maybe this forum or another I can't remember which.

even with the netting the plants really catch the wind good. I have already seen them leaning petty good. I am pretty sure I would have already lost some if not for the netting that's already on them. Those tied stems you see are all about 10 feet tall. The angle they go onto the main stem you can see it would not take much. I plan to tie them again about a foot higher soon.

Now that there is some buds to show I thought I would make this next update on how they are doing in flower. I also got another 3 inches taller/wider over the last 24 hours or so. sorry I do not have time to go over each pic. But take a good look and the plant by the fence. That plant is about 10 feet tall and almost 10 feet wide all the while being tied over heavy. This is the plant with the fat stalk pics above. Take a good look and you can see how fat she is.

Sorry for the pics are in randon order this time. was in a hurry.

Enjoy Tokers

SL738439.JPG

SL738442.JPG

SL738450.JPG

SL738445.JPG

SL738451.JPG

SL738453.JPG

SL738456.JPG

SL738457.JPG

SL738459.JPG

SL738461.JPG

SL738463.JPG

SL738464.JPG

Looking great!...developing nicely..when do you think Harvest will be? October is in 3 weeks! My last crop in '06 I harvested about mid October.

^The FFOF is da bomb!!

I only give half credit to FFOF soil. I have no proof what I am about to say. It is just what I think happend in this grow. Or it makes sense to me anyway.

The FFOF mixed with 35% perlite in the 3x3x3 hole let my roots grow a large rot ball pretty fast.(plus the veg weather that any grower could hope for) Then when that root ball hit my backyard soil it just exploded like they did. In my backyard soil you can did a shovel load and get 10 large earth worms every time. When I water my plants and the grass around them I will have lots of worms every where you look. My vegetables are huge and I grow 2 foot wide sunflower heads with hardly any ferts.

I would think a plant this size has out grew a 3x3x3 hole right?

well this is what I think happend. Sounds good anyway :)

I can completely agree with that. The 1st few weeks gave them easy growth through the light, very rich FF, after which it had the foundation & all hell broke loose when it rooted out to all that wormy composted soil....it's all in the soil, sun & rain!

Bored today so I thought I would do a fast update.

Here is a shot where was squating to get under the cover. There moving along nice now.

SL738484.JPG

This girl has got to stop growing taller soon. I have to move the carport up again. No biggie I just took some blocks from the wall on the side of my house.

SL738485.JPG

SL738486.JPG

Growing thru the netting again.

SL738487.JPG

Here is some shots of the potted plants and the flowers. this buds are looking really white and frosty.

SL738488.JPG

SL738489.JPG

It is hard to get a good pic of this plant. But she is 10 feet tall and 9 feet wide. Notice the trash can and how she growing into my roof.

SL738490.JPG

Dude...I must say this is the absolute best backyard journal ever....GREAT job man...keep it coming....nothing comes close to this.

Back
Top Bottom