DIY SIPs Duterte's Nightmare - Mystery S. Asia Sativa - Zkittlz, Runtz, OG UV, God's Gift, GG#4, 1st Grow In 20yrs

each with its own, whaddya think

Couple suggestions here.

Screenshot_20220903-050316_Chrome.jpg

Swivel ball casters would be best. ^^^^^
These are 55 lb x4 = 220 lb , but given a few minutes I could find bigger.
Could mount on bottom of toat, or a piece of plywood.

Screenshot_20220903-050154_Chrome.jpg

These Tri dolly wheels could be slid under when required ^^^^^
Not great but would work​
Screenshot_20220903-045553_Chrome.jpg

Uline Canada has pre-made Dollies and a couple different options.

Anything here interest you ?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Anyway, I'm really stoked to have all these natural fertilizers ready to supplement my grows with....
Where did you find the dispensing containers? Pretty cool...

My original thoughts were for a three wheeler because they are easier to turn and these aren’t for distance, but primarily for in-tent adjustment. Now, I dunno if 3 would cut it primarily due to the weight of these w/ 25gal wet promix and 6 gal ferts. She’s a big girl. Low profile is obv. A consideration but I bought the casters rated for the weight, not the wee little ones. Shameless cry for help….
Three wheelers will be unstable at the worst possible moment (like when fully loaded and you catch it on something trying to move it around), so I went with four for the ones I built.

I'd suggest two swivel and two not. Easier to maneuver like a car. With all four as swivel the thing doesn't track worth a damn. But if you're only moving a short distance that may not matter much.

73181915-9C30-44FB-A3EB-FB72FAE93518.jpeg

“What’ll it be, Mac?”
Fill it with premium!
I love this setup. The Carboy is one of the 5, 6 gallon laboratory grade jobbies I got for free, on someone’s yard, out for whomever wanted.

I’ll blow you away with their deets another time b/c I’m all about this pump right now. Takes 4 aa batteries, rechargers natch, even has auto-shutoff like gas station w/ optical sensor.

This is my first top-off since filling 4 weeks ago and still had at least 2 gal but I wanted to start migrating the feed toward transition and I think I picked up early , very slight, signs of potassium def. in one plant. Each SIP also holds 6 gallons.

My main concern with this grow is nutrient build up/retention due to it being a peat/perlite soiless setup. So my fertigation with Mega Crop 2 part is under 1.0ec and I have mild organic nutes in the mix, about 300ppm(Hanna) mostly nitrogen. But should be decent potassium and calcium too from worm castings and some liquids I moistened with, Humboldt Golden Tree, LiquiDirt.
27C4AB42-9151-4B13-9C27-D1F5CCCA019F.jpeg

You can see plants are growing well. I have been aggressively removing leaves pointed inward while trying to maintain a skirt effect of leaves around perimeter. I've been pinning every branch into a horizontal partly because I’m making dollys for under each container and it will cost me further grow space. When I flip hopefully the stretch will be enough to get some proper colas, However I don’t expect much more than numerous baseball nugs from the UVOG. It is very stocky and internet pics show a smallish yield. Good smoke though. The Runts (pictured) I hope will produce decently. 1st grow, best to keep expectations in check.
288C9223-1746-4BD4-A853-291D620473CA.jpeg

Everything looks so well arranged and premeditated. :Namaste: I think you are heading in the right direction.
With the dolly and the layout of the phenos, and the fertilizers.
You're all good RD, just stay away from things that can puncture your other hand.
:passitleft:

Now can we know what you are teaching to your phenos on that board? looks like you are laying it out for them so they can digest whats coming. All I could see was TO DO.

Get well soon brother, and hope you are having a chill long weekend.

:peace:

Flood and famine.

This fall when the possibility of starting up a well equipped homegrow was raised, I went out to the nearest rez dispensary to check out the product.

Why? Because although I was a spliff-a-day smoker from my 20's into yr. 2005, I'd not smoked a joint in since. There a chance maybe I did and don’t remember, but I really just wasn't taking part for almost 17yrs (?!?).

Its amazing to me because I grew volume for a pretty decent stretch and was a cannabis insurgent my whole adult life until 2005. I can't think of why I stopped, to be honest.

I bring it up bc as I sit that 3-days worth of flower I bought in the fall to help me mull over whether to take up the growstyle again is the last weed I smoked/consumed. After that I swore to myself I would wait until I had something I'd grown before using again, just to make sure I didn't blow money at the dispensary when it was needed for the grow and my mortgage.

However, the moment has arrived. After the ultimate tolerance break, I have a microwave-dried piece of a Runtz auto I tortured currently going in to a zigzag white. Wish I had some Drum tobacco… wish me 🍀

Oh wait… now I do remember the last time I smoked… in 2007… and why I stopped…oh sh…..
9F84F9C1-AAE4-4420-B55C-CF1F00C3F754.jpeg

Well @Bill284

Did I ever tell you that you have a wicked number #284?

Anyway, back to dear Dollie and her new wheels and castors,

I think the one that says "Not to be used as castor" rather speaks for itself.

The wee furni-dollys were my brightest hope while I was still building my tubs, but now that I'm under them... there was never hope. These betties be grande. Which, you know, is totally cool me... I'll wingman the fucking shit outta that.

Beare witness oh interland, for these are the opening words by ReservoirDog in... a dog'g's age bruv.... since I was whack. Let me tell you gigahighway, rd m'fucker, dude is roccckkcckkcckkked.

Dats it. Ain't no prophest here bruv. We're here to say "allo'dere, pleasure is ours." We thank you very kindly. Pppeaasce bruh.

Well @Bill284

Did I ever tell you that you have a wicked number #284?

Anyway, back to dear Dollie and her new wheels and castors,

I think the one that says "Not to be used as castor" rather speaks for itself.

The wee furni-dollys were my brightest hope while I was still building my tubs, but now that I'm under them... there was never hope. These betties be grande. Which, you know, is totally cool me... I'll wingman the fucking shit outta that.

Beare witness oh interland, for these are the opening words by ReservoirDog in... a dog'g's age bruv.... since I was whack. Let me tell you gigahighway, rd m'fucker, dude is roccckkcckkcckkked.

Dats it. Ain't no prophest here bruv. We're here to say "allo'dere, pleasure is ours." We thank you very kindly. Pppeaasce bruh.
If I could read I would have noticed it said.
Not a castor wheel. :laugh:
I can find something stringer if that's something that might work.
I haven't had a coffee yet , I'll figure the rest out after. :rofl:
Talk soon Amigo. :ciao:

Stay safe

I got me wheels. 16, In hand, I just, only have 3/8th ply. n2x4s I suppose. Maybe double the ply on the ends with a second strip a' couple-4 inches wide? Will that hold it? It's a nit insignificant span for weight of this magnitude. I'm also afraid of my own shadow for somereason re: height but I think y'all gave me that, at any rate the height penalty will matter here. Look at my plants. They look like a house entree ceasar salad. I've got 'm so pinned they look they been attacked by wonderwoman and her 100 Amazonian sisters - but if, like, they were 12 inches tall. What a show that'd be, wow. Night to remember.
8CBEA958-D2D0-4C23-842D-E200A1983125.jpeg

2FD146D8-B1DC-464C-96FA-2C0BE3F7CE56.jpeg

She actually looks a lot lighter than she actually is. There is g.rteed 100kilo there.

Where did you find the dispensing containers? Pretty cool...
Those are empty laundry detergent bottles I personally used and saved. I cleaned well, if the weed tastes pine-fresh at least we'll know not to bother!
I'd suggest two swivel and two not. Easier to maneuver like a car. With all four as swivel the thing doesn't track worth a damn
I knew there would be something. That's where my three wheel thinking came from but contains. are just too heavy.

Now can we know what you are teaching to your phenos on that board?
It was definitely some hard talk, you got me there D.
Everything looks so well arranged and premeditated. :Namaste: I think you are heading in the right direction.
With the dolly and the layout of the phenos, and the fertilizers.
Well, not yet but it will be. Have had an extension cord drought for a few months. You wouldn't believe what it took to make that control board. I bought 6 6 footers, 2x30ft with 3 outlet pigtail, AND my entire collection just to get to that point. However, in the last three days I went to thrift shop twice and found three nice good ones. Back in action. It's all about the counter-culture cable management lifestyle I'm living.
You're all good RD, just stay away from things that can puncture your other hand.
Don't I wish.

It's all about the counter-culture cable management lifestyle I'm living.

I got real anal with my outdoor deck lighting and went to the big box store and bought ends and 100 foot of extension cord. It was cheaper to buy a prebuilt cord and cut it than buy the wire on a spool. Go figure. Anyway, I made all my cords to length rather than have messy extras coiled up.

I got real anal with my outdoor deck lighting and went to the big box store and bought ends and 100 foot of extension cord. It was cheaper to buy a prebuilt cord and cut it than buy the wire on a spool. Go figure. Anyway, I made all my cords to length rather than have messy extras coiled up.
Yeah, that's living the dream! And the sickness. I'll take both if I have to.

If you're referring to what you posted in my thread, I say you're close. Here's my current thinking...

For full strength nutes (mature veg through bloom and harvest) I'm looking for

150-170 ppm N
30-40 ppm P
180-220 ppm K
90 ppm Ca
30 ppm Mg
40 ppm S

I make my own nutes from salts. I mix them so that each ml is 1/10th of my targeted goals. So if I want 150 ppm of N, each ml is 15 ppm.

I start at 2ml (or 1/5th of my goal from sprout through day 5-7. I increase that 2ml each 5-7 day increment. So so between day 26-35 (normally around day 30) I'm full bore on nutes.

Looking at your table, I'd probably have a bit more N and K. I'd Judge the need for adding more N by reading your leaves. Look for that beautiful mid green, even color, across your leaves. If they get a bit pale, ramp it up another 30-50 ppm. If you're using the 2 part Mega Crop, the N should all be in part A as Calcium Nitrate. The amount of K you're supplying now should be ok until you get a week or two into bloom. Then you'll want to increase that by 60-80 ppm or you'll likely see K deficiencies. Here's the rub, how do you add just K because everything else is pretty much already in balance? My solution would be to add a touch of Muriate of Potash. I don't have my calculator handy at the moment, but if you want I could figure out how much you'd need to add to a gallon of Distilled water to make your own K supplement. You can get a 2lb bag of it for $22 from Greenway Biotech that would make enough for years.

Couple suggestions here.

Screenshot_20220903-050316_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-050154_Chrome.jpg

These Tri dolly wheels could be slid under when required ^^^^^
Not great but would work​
Screenshot_20220903-045553_Chrome.jpg

Uline Canada has pre-made Dollies and a couple different options.

Anything here interest you ?

Stay safe
Unless theres pics/vidz of you riding those dollies how do we know they'll work 😝.

And good morning @ReservoirDog hope the hand is feeling better today... Did you get a pic of it? Obviously not for here but for your reference? Everytime I do something dumb and end up hurt I take a picture..... Then months down the line when I'm scrolling through my albums I see the injury pic and it's an instant reminder TO NOT DO THAT AGAIN 😂

Anyway the garden is looking great and glad things are going smooth for the most part. And good luck with the redesign.... All good choices mentioned above.

the internet photo Johns are real.
Thanks, Hazardous. My sentiments exactly.

Now boys and girls I hope you were listening to Uncle HH... accidents happen. Don't let them happen to you. They aren't unavoidable or romantic. They are soul or life-crushing in some instances.
If you're referring to what you posted in my thread, I say you're close. Here's my current thinking...

For full strength nutes (mature veg through bloom and harvest) I'm looking for

150-170 ppm N
30-40 ppm P
180-220 ppm K
90 ppm Ca
30 ppm Mg
40 ppm S

I make my own nutes from salts. I mix them so that each ml is 1/10th of my targeted goals. So if I want 150 ppm of N, each ml is 15 ppm.

I start at 2ml (or 1/5th of my goal from sprout through day 5-7. I increase that 2ml each 5-7 day increment. So so between day 26-35 (normally around day 30) I'm full bore on nutes.

Looking at your table, I'd probably have a bit more N and K. I'd Judge the need for adding more N by reading your leaves. Look for that beautiful mid green, even color, across your leaves. If they get a bit pale, ramp it up another 30-50 ppm. If you're using the 2 part Mega Crop, the N should all be in part A as Calcium Nitrate. The amount of K you're supplying now should be ok until you get a week or two into bloom. Then you'll want to increase that by 60-80 ppm or you'll likely see K deficiencies. Here's the rub, how do you add just K because everything else is pretty much already in balance? My solution would be to add a touch of Muriate of Potash. I don't have my calculator handy at the moment, but if you want I could figure out how much you'd need to add to a gallon of Distilled water to make your own K supplement. You can get a 2lb bag of it for $22 from Greenway Biotech that would make enough for years.

Thanks @farside205, I was less clear there than I meant to be. Yes, that's the mix I'm referring to. Fertz would have been higher by now but they took off like a shot and then got so dark dreen the next step would be black the next day if rate of darkening kept up, but then it checked. Because I have some dolomite and diatomaceous earth, plus wormcastings, personal hot casings, frass, fulvic, kelp, aminos, spectrum of bennies... it singed a few tips, just enough so no mistake could be made. That stopped me dead at sub 500ppm reservoir with a higher cal nit ratio until things backed off, and that took 10-11 days. Now I'm suspecting possible beginning, possible hint of K shortage... I already have my muriate of potash, lifetime supply. It's kind of a salmon colour. I am not using it yet, I've adjusted ratios now w/ k up and n down. But bet you I just end up chasing it the whole time, which accomplishes little considering the energy expended. One reason I like the stable mix is, I have an experimental tactic of feeding the plant baseline synth nutes, treat immediate needs with extractions and microbial. Sounds pretentious, and really I havent foggiest if I'm walking into a buzz saw.

luckily, I aim to find out.

... I already have my muriate of potash, lifetime supply. It's kind of a salmon colour.

If it's the Hi-Yield brand that's carried in some local stores, it works just fine but seems to have a slight plastic like coating on the prills. I switched to a hydroponic line that dissolves easier but also costs more. The Hi Yield brand is like $12 for 4lbs.

One reason I like the stable mix is, I have an experimental tactic of feeding the plant baseline synth nutes, treat immediate needs with extractions and microbial. Sounds pretentious, and really I havent foggiest if I'm walking into a buzz saw.

luckily, I aim to find out.

If you hit the marks I mentioned, there most likely will never be an "immediate need". The "stable mix" philosophy is really nothing more than over feeding a bit of extra K during the first 30ish days if they're autos, or until you flip them with photos. Until then they're quite happy around 100ppm of K. Once they go to blooming they want 2x that. Rather than muck around with 2 different mixes, I just incorporate it all into the base Nute product so I don't have a Grow feed and a Bloom feed. They get the same food the entire time, just stronger doses of it as they go from sprout to mature plant.

@farside05 I've certainly noticed in journals/ other contemporaneous writings that, in the last two years, all the single ratio Jacks etc growers bumped up their K numbers 10-15 percent. My slurry still tests ec 1.1-2, down from 1.3, but don't feel like I can strengthen my ppms in rez.

Really, my animating concern with this grow/ and salts in SIPs has been retention and then throwing a blockage as result. I figured some strong castings and a weak rez might get me through w/o flushing. However, if a single preventative flush were thought to be all I needed to get through, then that I would do readily.

I suppose flushing water through the mix from the top would be most effective... What if I were to block the overflow instead and fill rez with clean water, permitting water level in rez to rise into the bottom 6 inches of soil, where all the nute is anyway? I can have an air pump going to make sure I don't drown plants.

This fear of retention triggered lockout is really why I have low strength salts nute rez. and organic amendments in sunshine mix.

Back
Top Bottom