Do I continue with the manifold?

Chungo

This grow is at 12 weeks of veg. And was very slow compared to my last as they are only 12 in high from the ground and about 24 in wide. They have been manafolded to 8 nodes and just in the last couple weeks they have started to fill out and start to move. My question is do I leave them the way they are and let them continue to fill out to the desired height or do I continue to manafold.? My question is based on the side shoots are coming along now very fast and if I let it grow out will it detract from overall production. They are a AK 47 extreme (White Widow extreme x AK 47)....thanks for the thoughts....
IMG_20200618_122753.jpg
IMG_20200618_122753.jpg

My Sativa dominate plants that were manafolded last grow did well and I had about 500 gm of dried buds from four plants. This time the plants look like they are Indica dominate and their growth is much slower and very tight between the nodes so there is a lot of leaf on them. I am just curious if anyone lets their Manafolded plants alone after they set the 8 branches and not strip the secondary branches off before flowering? Some of these plants seconary branches on these plants are approaching the height of the mains. Maybe I will strip 3 and leave one alone to see the difference. I was just curious if anyone had experience with manafolding Indicas. Thanks for the input and comments.....

Indica grows a little differently than Sativa and you'll get additional bottom popcorn buds at the lower branches that will help increase or add to your yield.. Indica forms buds around Y branches and likes to form one solid long bud around the main branch. Personally, if you are not in a rush I'd let it go another week or two in Veg before flipping the switch letting it put out as much side growth getting the max potential out of your grow. Some indica's natural veg period goes 8-9 weeks.

Indica grows a little differently than Sativa and you'll get additional bottom popcorn buds at the lower branches that will help increase or add to your yield.. Indica forms buds around Y branches and likes to form one solid long bud around the main branch. Personally, if you are not in a rush I'd let it go another week or two in Veg before flipping the switch letting it put out as much side growth getting the max potential out of your grow. Some indica's natural veg period goes 8-9 weeks.
Sounds good. I thinking on going at least 2 weeks and maybe as long as 4 weeks to get some more height. My last grow had very few popcorn buds and the previous grow of a Indica had quite a few. My thoughts are the popcorn buds don't appear to be as strong and later maturing...

Sounds good. I thinking on going at least 2 weeks and maybe as long as 4 weeks to get some more height. My last grow had very few popcorn buds and the previous grow of a Indica had quite a few. My thoughts are the popcorn buds don't appear to be as strong and later maturing...
It's all good.. growing is teaching me patience..and i have one of those personalities that wants everything done quick as possible.
Your grow is looking fantastic dude.. the extra 2-4 weeks you put in for height will pay off.

Home made Super soil with one tablespoon of earthworm casting worked into the soil and 2 tablespoons of Molasses once in 3 gallons of water divided into the four plants in the last 3 weeks. That's it as far as anything I have done or added to the super Soil. My last grow I started it with super soil and found it real easy with way less more....

Home made Super soil with one tablespoon of earthworm casting worked into the soil and 2 tablespoons of Molasses once in 3 gallons of water divided into the four plants in the last 3 weeks. That's it as far as anything I have done or added to the super Soil. My last grow I started it with super soil and found it real easy with way less more....
Cool!, I'm all about no hassle systems. Sounds like you have one you like that works for you.. Drop some photo's when they start blossoming with pistols ..I'm interested to see how they look in Flower.

PSX_20200711_122711.jpg
PSX_20200711_122711.jpg
going to flip this Mon-Tue as they all are approaching 22 in....
:rofl: I stopped measuring mine after they blew past the yardstick i was using... Have to use a tape measure now.. I just got a large bag of MegaCrop delivered so am going to stretch Veg until I get it to 5.5 grams. then flip to Flow..

but in all seriousness, I don't want to have later regrets about not getting max veg out of my plants so for my own sanity-ease of mind 2 or 3 extra weeks extra megacropping them wont kill me..

Back
Top Bottom