20191115_073555_HDR.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 20191115_073516_HDR.jpg
    20191115_073516_HDR.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 20191115_073514_HDR.jpg
    20191115_073514_HDR.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 234
Ok I'm going to let it go a few more days as it just got a watering.. so it will dry out then 48 hr dark :) she grew faaaast

Everyone? I don't think it's a requirement at all. Jury seems to be still out on this.

When they're ready they're ready. An extra 2 days could put them out of your desired trich window imo.

Anyways, it's interesting for sure. I think i might try it with one of mine and see. I didn't do it with my first 2 and they're great.
Actually, the jury is not out on this. The plant uses its oils to protect itself from the sun. It has natural highs and lows of potency throughout a day with high noon being the lowest potency (because of highest sun).

it’s been tested by the marijuana institute in holland. Potency can be up to 30% higher after a prolonged darkness.

Actually, the jury is not out on this. The plant uses its oils to protect itself from the sun. It has natural highs and lows of potency throughout a day with high noon being the lowest potency (because of highest sun).

it’s been tested by the marijuana institute in holland. Potency can be up to 30% higher after a prolonged darkness.

Yes I read that too. Along with several other anecdotal reports from growers who seemed split on the issue. Also read that it could be strain specific.

I spose it's much like the defoliation, flushing, etc. debates. Some of these are subjective of course.

At the end of the day we're all going to do what has worked and what suits us best.

Like I said, this ext darkness thing has peaked my curiosity and I'd like to try it.

I've seen that quote(?) by "The Stichting Institute of medical Marijuana" that's circulating on the web, which references an experiment that concluded that 72 hours of dark yielded up to 30% more THC than the control group that didn't get subjected to the dark period. I've also seen many anecdotes by reputable growers.

Still, if somebody has pointer to actual research, I love to see that. Not because I doubt this, but I am interested in the science if there's any available.

I've seen that quote(?) by "The Stichting Institute of medical Marijuana" that's circulating on the web, which references an experiment that concluded that 72 hours of dark yielded up to 30% more THC than the control group that didn't get subjected to the dark period. I've also seen many anecdotes by reputable growers.

Still, if somebody has pointer to actual research, I love to see that. Not because I doubt this, but I am interested in the science if there's any available.
Actual well-done studies that are have scientifically accepted standards are very rare to find and are even rarer to have them replicated by others to show they really do work.
Combine that with the total B.S. a lot of Fertilizer sellers engage in and I do not believe much.
And please don't get me started on big long cut-and-pasts posted by newbies that are about stuff being tried on daffodils and rutabagas and how that might apply to cannabis . . . . o_O

I think we should call in @Emilya . I remember her telling me she had some data or studies relevant to this topic.
yep, it works. Once I decide they are ripe they don't get any more direct light... light degrades trichomes. I put them in the dark for 36 hours... never tried 72... I might have to do that just to see.

i , even in my unscientific ineptitude say,, garbage,, rubbish,, voodoo,, ya must be an old wive,, just sayin

:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom