Do You Like Using Attachments for the Off Topic Forums?

Is Using Attachments for the Off Topic Photos in Off Topic Forums Easier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Founder
We're always looking for ways to improve our website navigation, structure and aesthetics to make our forums as easy to navigate and user friendly as possible.

After listening to feedback from many of our valued members, we've made some changes to the Photo Gallery for your assessment.

A majority of our members just post cannabis related content, and some are finding it confusing having to choose which gallery to upload to every time. For this reason, they just use attachments instead because it's easier. So we removed the ability of uploading to the off topic gallery and made it just a straightforward upload process, without any choices to make.

We think using attachments for the off topic forums, instead of having to use the gallery, might be easier for everyone. Especially the newbies coming for help, that might be a little stoned and/or technology challenged. It removes the part of having to choose whether or not your photo is 420 related, for a majority of members who never upload off topic content. This way the gallery stays on topic with cannabis related content, and the regular members still get to take advantage of off topic adventures.

What are your thoughts everyone, did we do good this time or have we started a revolution? 👀

Thank you for your vote and feedback to help us out, we are truly grateful.
:Namaste:

I see "attach image" in the choices above on my laptop, but no choice for "attach files". So?
I could use my hand held through this one time please.
Same thing but there's a button below too:

attach files.png

My mom would say, if it were any closer it'd bite you! Thanks! here goes! Ok so we should use the attach files for non grow related?
That rule in my head would put all my off topic things through attach files and the rest through Gallery imbed, my usual way. Ok

Now...what about the insert quotes? Why, when, how?

IMG_2252.jpeg

I am the king of attachments on my Grow Diary/Journal, but I am not sure what "off topic" means?

Could you give an example or link to an example?

Edited to Add: I see there is an Off Topic Section. I thought you meant throwing an off-topping post into a thread where it didn't belong.

Even so, do you mind linking to a thread where what you are asking is obvious?
Off topic = Grandma's apple pie recipe and pics that would go into an off topic journal. Here we go. Here's an off topic journal. I couldn't "attach file " it so I copied and pasted it. https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/random-photo-dumps.459695/

Thanks StoneOtter:

I guess where I am confused is that I "attach" every photo. Having said that, I have never been in the Off Topic Section.

Although, I think I understand now. People were (are) copy-and-pasting into this website from other websites? In other words, leaving a URL in the background to another website all together? Or using Control C on an image and then laying it into a thread with Contol V (Mac)?

If I understand right, OP wants everything going through the "Attach Files" button below left.

For example, if I want to show what I mean in this post by presenting a copy (image) of the "attached files" button (complete with paper clip) I should do a screen grab of the "Attach Files" button. Then save screen grab to my computer into a folder. Wheras, I can then phsically attach it via attach files button. Here goes ...

Instead of doing it this way (copy and pasted) from a "screen grab" via Control C, then Control V" (Mac):
1669565004350.png

Do it this way, via Attach files button, from a folder on your physical computer:
Attach button.png

They both look this same, but one is not loaded into the thread properly.

Am I understanding it properly?

Off topic = Grandma's apple pie recipe and pics that would go into an off topic journal. Here we go. Here's an off topic journal. I couldn't "attach file " it so I copied and pasted it. https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/random-photo-dumps.459695/

Thanks StoneOtter:

I guess where I am confused is that I "attach" every photo. Having said that, I have never been in the Off Topic Section.

Although, I think I understand now. People were (are) copy-and-pasting into this website from other websites? In other words, leaving a URL in the background to another website all together? Or using Control C on an image and then laying it into a thread with Contol V (Mac)?

If I understand right, OP wants everything going through the "Attach Files" button below left.

For example, if I want to show what I mean in this post by presenting a copy (image) of the "attached files" button (complete with paper clip) I should do a screen grab of the "Attach Files" button. Then save screen grab to my computer into a folder. Wheras, I can then phsically attach it via attach files button. Here goes ...

Instead of doing it this way (copy and pasted) from a "screen grab" via Control C, then Control V" (Mac):
1669565004350.png

Do it this way, via Attach files button, from a folder on your physical computer:
Attach button.png

In the gallery section there used to be two galleries. One for grow related images, and one for non-grow.
Now there's just one gallery for the grow related.

@Marc Ocean looks like they spotted more things needing updated to be more streamlined, consistent and less confusing.

Please change “Drop Image” & “Attach File” to “Attach Photo” and let’s see if that resolves this part of the gallery rabbit hole :thanks:

Thank you for your feedback everyone!

Thanks StoneOtter:

1669565004350.png

Attach button.png

I think they want off topic things to go to attach files and grow related things going to Gallery Imbed? Funny. I've posted every pic to Gallery Imbed. We don't get out much I guess. I'm not sure either of us get it yet. let's see. :)

It's really simple, once it resonates, and will be even simpler once Marc makes the adjustments.

"Upload Photos" to the "Photo Gallery" for all 420 related photos

"Attach Photos" for all off topic photos in the Off Topic Forums

Back
Top Bottom