Doctor Who's Grow

Absolutely, I want it to work without problems from the small things that are easy to avoid.

Do it right the first time.

So FPF what are you saying I should go up on the breaker amp's and go higher?? the highest I'll run is a single 1000 watt bulb that would fill the whole room with more than enough light! the lighting enclosers can go up to that!

I have made good progress here, I was going to put in the electrical today but had something come up! but when I got back I hooked up the hoods with the inline fan to check air follow! works real nice! but I need to move up from my 4" inline to a 6" inline just not pumping enough air pumping in for me! I am doing the electrical receptacles tomorrow when I get back from a service call tomorrow or maybe Wednesday.

Here is a peak at where I'm at right now! I just tested the blow through on the lighting and need to finish vent the other end and upgrade the the air intake fan to a 6". Poly Filming the wall's is coming up to!
002405.JPG

Best part of this is! I can put what ever I want to grow in under this setup!​

The fan's looking up at the ceiling.
003375.JPG

The lighting and inline fan's and amount of duct is important, what a bitch balancing the system, the 6" duct kept colapsing when I would turn on the fan! but I finally have it beat "I hope" lol! yep I now got some bucks tied up in this room, I got a new 6" inline fan and exhanged them out with the lights! and will use the other one to pump fresh air in! and 4" fan to pull air out! above the lights.

The lighting and inline fan's and amount of duct is important, what a bitch balancing the system, the 6" duct kept colapsing when I would turn on the fan! but I finally have it beat "I hope" lol! yep I now got some bucks tied up in this room, I got a new 6" inline fan and exhanged that out with the lights system fan! and will use the other one to pump fresh air in! and 4" fan to pull air out! from above the lights.

Hey Doc looking good bro! Look at all those new toys :yahoo: So Fry tells me your trying to awaken Frankenstein with lightning or some such deal...:cheesygrinsmiley:

I need the skinny on what you will be running for amps or watts is fine, I can do the math both ways... You said 25' to box correct? Can we add more than one breaker? One 20 amp breaker will carry about 2000 watts provided you don't have huge loads all coming on at the same time.

Some stuff so you won't get hurt... Always when working around the main keep one hand in your pocket at ALL times! Do not use two hands for anything in that box! Not to steady that uninsulated screwdriver your using NOTHING! Wear good rubber soled shoes, Tie your hair back, take off any rings...

When you shut the main down you still have 2 or 3 phase power coming in! The big stuff up top in the box stay away from those wires and junctions they are always hot unless you pull the meter...

Remember "black gold" all black wires go on the gold colored screw on the outlet, white to the silver screw's, never use the push in type outlet they are junk!

Make sure and tighten every screw, loose connections will up the amps and kick the beaker...

I will check back and rattle off more stuff later... :peace:

Hey Doc looking good bro! Look at all those new toys :yahoo: So Fry tells me your trying to awaken Frankenstein with lightning or some such deal...:cheesygrinsmiley:

I need the skinny on what you will be running for amps or watts is fine, I can do the math both ways... You said 25' to box correct? Can we add more than one breaker? One 20 amp breaker will carry about 2000 watts provided you don't have huge loads all coming on at the same time.

Some stuff so you won't get hurt... Always when working around the main keep one hand in your pocket at ALL times! Do not use two hands for anything in that box! Not to steady that uninsulated screwdriver your using NOTHING! Wear good rubber soled shoes, Tie your hair back, take off any rings...

When you shut the main down you still have 2 or 3 phase power coming in! The big stuff up top in the box stay away from those wires and junctions they are always hot unless you pull the meter...

Remember "black gold" all black wires go on the gold colored screw on the outlet, white to the silver screw's, never use the push in type outlet they are junk!

Make sure and tighten every screw, loose connections will up the amps and kick the beaker...

I will check back and rattle off more stuff later... :peace:

I will check back and rattle off more stuff later... :peace:[/QUOTE]

First I want to say sorry about not responding back right away! my internet connect has been acting up, causing me problems as my work is delivered via e-mail then printed so getting this fixed was my first priorit you know, so the time warner guy just left with this moving much faster than before that's cool! back in business needed a new modem! old one went bad.

I hear you Mule and thank you, I needed a coupler for one of my lights so while I was at the hydro store around the corner the owners budy who works there! was willing to come over and have a look at what I want to do, he had a good suggestion! to run a 240 line to another breaker box in the garage by the room and branch from there! this way when I upgrade to 1000wtt lights and put in a CO2 system it will be easy enough.

I do have to remember that! One hand at the main never 2! and black gold a good way to remember, the list is this! I have 2 400wtt lights, but I do plan to upgrade to 2 1000wtts in the future "I hope", and add in a CO2 system ie, controler fan's on timers tank all that carp but that's down the road and aroud $800 to $1000 bucks for the system! and that's only if I want to go for huge ass buds as I am told by some growers, okay back to the list! and there also is 2 6" inline fans one for the lights and the other for fresh air intake, and 1 4" inline fan to pull air out! then there is the EB control bucket with timer, 2 pumps, and a floor fan or 2 and maybe!! a small window A/C unit to cool the room only when needed.

But anyway there it is, and damn man I have enough money invested now that it would take being just a plain old dum ass! not to go the whole 9 yards now! you know!! as they say! their's gold in there mountians let's get it! as long as I have the work coming in! I willing to move up the game.

This guy from the hydro store said he would drop back by tonght and would do it for me for something like fifty buck's! if that happens the best part is I can watch learn then when I need to do it again I can do it myself, but I'll still need your knowledge an math skills as mine are shit when it comes down to electrical, but once I get it! I'll never forget it.

Hope your grow is going good not sure if you have a journal! I couldn't find one so most likely me!

:thumb: Thanks Bro'

I like the look of that Doc!

Hey Mule! I might need to PM you some info for a little sparky advice myself if that's OK.

I had to try the lighting system so I'm running the lights and fan to see what I end up with as far as heat goes from the lights, another little test run, going to have a few before I can get started.

Wow Doc that looks great. You are doing it right. Fun isn't it. I love doing stuff like that. Especially when it is coming together.

Mule made me laugh with the Frankenstein and lightning ploy. I would be nervous as a dog shitting peach seeds if I had a screwdriver in the main. That is why I would pay that guy the $50 just to make sure my hair didn't catch fire. What little there is left that is.

Be safe my brother! :peace:

Wow Doc that looks great. You are doing it right. Fun isn't it. I love doing stuff like that. Especially when it is coming together.

Mule made me laugh with the Frankenstein and lightning ploy. I would be nervous as a dog shitting peach seeds if I had a screwdriver in the main. That is why I would pay that guy the $50 just to make sure my hair didn't catch fire. What little there is left that is.

Be safe my brother! :peace:

Yeh the receptacles are as far as I would like to go but hey! knowledge is the wealth of the world, I have the fan's! light's running and room closed to see what the heat issues maybe!

Oh Yes! if he shows he will be paid, truth be told I would have paid him more to a point! hell may still! you know how this crap goes plan to spend a penny and end up spending a buck, this always leads to something else, but in chin high now so! Sally Forth! "Right".

Does look cool so far! but not done yet, there are a few minor thing's left to do aside from the electrical, i could run all now if wanted but rather get it to the finish, I have been thinking it over at every stage of completion and new that CO2 would be the next step, hate it when you think you have it kicked in the ass and someone comes along and tells you different, something like this, If you want Big! Huge! Phat! very Large Buds and produce a lb fast! CO2 is the trick, it all needs to be balanced with intake fan's! and venting! room size and so on! so you don't waste the co2 some day maybe but not today for me! but will get there one day.

Oh yes it is fun as hell to build things like this, good thing this is what I do for a living, I have helped put together and build million dollar custom home theaters in some real bitchen custom multi milllion dollar homes and loved every minute of it, aside from the anal owner but who can blame them.

So yes taking my time.

Hey Doc I'm going to go over this in the AM when I get up... And shoot you some advice I'd rather not kill ya yet, we still have to see our new cap ebb-n-grows run! :peace: Brother I will get back to you on this! I'm just too stoned grooving on tunes... :welldone:

We're watching over your shoulder doc, as if you need it! lol But I agree, work as many kinks as you can before you get the plants in there, you don't want to do any more cutting with them around, don't want to fill their pores with saw dust of any kind. Get it done right then put it to use, haste makes waste kind of thing. :thumb:

Oh No! room has to done right first before, this is a test, no jumping ahead sign is posted! once I setup the EB system that will need to be tested too! I figure maybe let it run through it's cycles for a day, ann damn! this area has a spidermite problem so I am trying to make the room as sealed from little intrueders as possible, we all know nothing is prefect in this universe! I figure fog the room! spray the room use floramite! the rest should be nutrients and light! man I almost forgot about the mixology that shouldn't be a problem, I plan to stick with GN Flora Products.

I heard that some of the clones being sold here and there! have spidermites so I may just get seeds and start from their instead.

:surf:

Right now! I just smoked a few bong's of some Gods Gift" and feelin good! thingk I may grow some of this.

OK Doc I'm gonna do you one better... I have pics of how I pull a 100 amp 2 phase 220-240 circuit 75 feet across a shop and split it into 120 when we get to the sub panel... I'm uploading pics as we speak... BRB!

This is where my power comes into the main box. Notice it's 3 phase that's 1 "leg" more then most have so don't worry about that. You will have 3 wires coming in... 2 blacks and one white or common wire it will have tape on it to let you know what the color is...

sparky_001.JPG

On the right of my wooden pointer you will see the hook ups for the white wire, and on the left we have hook ups for white wires also...

Here is how its done... First I plug in a 100 amp breaker like so into the main box then I pull 75 feet of #3 wire to support the load... See my white wire running up the left hand side it's taped white...

sparky_003.JPG

You have just made it live now and there is no way to turn it off, other then pulling the meter, however johnny law or someone will come check that so... We will now work on a live 220-240 kill you type circuit... Kidding, when you install the breaker make sure it's off and it just snaps into place...and when you snap it in then it's live. When you hook up a double breaker it takes 2 legs of 110 and makes them 220-240. I then hook up the three wires one red-one- black and one-white, only the white needs taped as it is understood that the two others are hot....

Now for the sub panel

In coming from my main white wire to my sub panel...
sparky_005.JPG

Red or black hook up they are both "hot" so it wont matter...

sparky_007.JPG

The other red or black ya it's hot also

sparky_008.JPG

But mule you have way to many breakers in that sub panel over 100 amps...

sparky_006.JPG

That's right kids, my wire carries the load... However I doubt I will ever use the 10,000 watt's that the wire and the 100 amp breaker at the main will provide...

Next time your at home deport look at a 2 phase breaker and a single phase breaker on the back... single has one contact and a hook, double or 2 phase have 2 contacts and one hook... Hope this helps you, need more guidance give me a shout out... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom