Doctor Who's Grow

Before I start I need to clear this up there are to boxes! one is the box witht meter the box next to it is this in the picture, I don't know but would that be a 2 phase just guessing on this.

006304.JPG

Before I start I need to clear this up there are to boxes! one is the box witht meter the box next to it is this in the picture, I don't know but would that be a 2 phase just guessing on this.

006304.JPG

Yes Doc the top two wires are 2 phase, is that your main? I need you to give me a shot of the whole box, please cover the meter up with a pillow case or something, it has numbers on it we don't need to see... :peace:

Yes Doc the top two wires are 2 phase, is that your main? I need you to give me a shot of the whole box, please cover the meter up with a pillow case or something, it has numbers on it we don't need to see... :peace:

Me and a friend did the wiring late yesterday and he put in a 60 amp breaker! well when we flipped the 60 amp breaker on! Bam the main shut down the house it was to late and dark out so I wouildn't let him change the breaker in the box, I think he put in to big of a breaker, what is better a 40 or 30 amp breaker master Mule! I want to be sure this friend doesn't burn my house down, but I am understanding this a litlle better now the math here doesn't seem to add up but that's me.

We put in the 60 amp above the 100 amp, I think it is wrong
then there is
100 amp 2 phase
40amp
15amp
20amp
20 amp double breaker
15 amp double breaker
15 amp double breaker​

003380.JPG

Me and a friend did the wiring late yesterday and he put in a 60 amp breaker! well when we flipped the 60 amp breaker on! Bam the main shut down the house it was to late and dark out so I wouildn't let him change the breaker in the box, I think he put in to big of a breaker, what is better a 40 or 30 amp breaker master Mule! I want to be sure this friend doesn't burn my house down, but I am understanding this a litlle better now the math here doesn't seem to add up but that's me.

We put in the 60 amp above the 100 amp, I think it is wrong
then there is
100 amp 2 phase
40amp
15amp
20amp
20 amp double breaker
15 amp double breaker
15 amp double breaker​

003380.JPG

I'm checking it out right now... BRB

Your fine in putting the breaker in anywhere there is a "bus bar" that runs the length of it so placement won't matter. Turn off that breaker and unhook it!

You hooked the white wire up wrong it needs to run to the common or white wire bus bar.

Your wire for a 60 Amp 2 phase pull needs to be #6 awg And you need four of them

The way you wire the breaker you plugged in... One red "hot" leg comes out of one side of the breaker. One black "hot" comes out right beside the other hot. One common runs to the common or white "bus bar" one ground or green comes from the ground bus bar...

And when you get to the sub panel hook up is. One red to the hot bus bar, one black to the other hot bus bar, One white to the common bus bar and one ground to the ground "bus bar"

And I don't know what to think about that white wire a couple of breakers down that wire should not go there... Hope that helps bro let us know...

If you guys just want to run a few 120volt circuit's get 3 single 20 amp breakers. Take that 60amp out plug them in. Wiring on those 3 breakers... One hot from the breaker, one white to the common bus bar, green to the ground bus bar. I would use #12 wire and instead of the drop cord you used look in the wire section and find # 12/2 S.O. cord it's like a drop cord but made to electrical standards...

And then you could make a "gang box" with a whole bunch of outlets on a board instead mounted to your walls... :thumb:

I'm checking it out right now... BRB

Your fine in putting the breaker in anywhere there is a "bus bar" that runs the length of it so placement won't matter. Turn off that breaker and unhook it!

You hooked the white wire up wrong it needs to run to the common or white wire bus bar.

Your wire for a 60 Amp 2 phase pull needs to be #6 awg And you need four of them

The way you wire the breaker you plugged in... One red "hot" leg comes out of one side of the breaker. One black "hot" comes out right beside the other hot. One common runs to the common or white "bus bar" one ground or green comes from the ground bus bar...

And when you get to the sub panel hook up is. One red to the hot bus bar, one black to the other hot bus bar, One white to the common bus bar and one ground to the ground "bus bar"

And I don't know what to think about that white wire a couple of breakers down that wire should not go there... Hope that helps bro let us know...

Mule! check this out this is how the guy hooked the main and the sub box up, if you look at the main wiring he has the white and black in the 60 amp breaker and a copper going to the common bus ground, and at the sub box you can see the white and ground and white on the common and just the black to the breaker top left, now I may not this well but wouldn't that be a big "O" No! the ground and white tghat to me is hot along with black being hot" so this is a case of hot going to ground which would trip the main breaker, I am I close her??? not a great piture but you can see the the 2 along side here! you tell me I believe that is hooked up completely wrong and the main will trip or burn down the house!

003380.JPG

Right below here you can see the common bus! on top! a bit blurry!
009252.JPG

Mule! check this out this is how the guy hooked the sub box up, if you look at the main wiring he has the white and black in the 60 amp breaker and a copper going to the common bus ground, and at the sub box you can see the white and ground and white on the common and just the black to the breaker top left, now I may not this well but wouldn't that be a big "O" No! the ground and white tghat to me is hot along with black being hot" so this is a case of hot going to ground which would trip the main breaker, I am I close her??? not a great piture but you can see the the 2 along side here! you tell me I believe that is hooked up completely wrong and the main will trip or burn down the house!

003380.JPG

Right below here you can see the common bus! on top! a bit blurry!
007296.JPG

Yep Doc that's right, what he did wrong, he hooked the white up to the hot and made a dead short! and he hooked the copper to the common... You got it man! :yahoo: :bravo: However your still missing a wire to make it 2 phase... You guys hooked up a 120 circuit to a 220 breaker... See the block off to the right in the sub panel? It need one more hot to be 220. And that wire is way to small for a 60 amp breaker... And your missing your ground bus bar in the sub panel...

Yep Doc that's right, what he did wrong, he hooked the white up to the hot and made a dead short! and he hooked the copper to the common... You got it man! :yahoo: :bravo: However your still missing a wire to make it 2 phase... You guys hooked up a 120 circuit to a 220 breaker... See the block off to the right in the sub panel? It need one more hot to be 220. And that wire is way to small for a 60 amp breaker... And your missing your ground bus bar in the sub panel...

The electrical is done all is cool! Mule when all else fails do it yourself right! it's done! up an working and time to moving on with finishing the room and setting up the system, but I do really want to thank you for your help on this bro.

:thumb:
:surf: Thank you From the Doc

The electrical is done all is cool! Mule when all else fails do it yourself right! it's done! up an working and time to moving on with finishing the room and setting up the system, but I do really want to thank you for your help on this bro.

:thumb:
:surf: Thank you From the Doc

Right on Doc! :yahoo: :welldone:

When I bought my shop the wiring was a PITA, a plumber wired it go figure... So yes I redid most of it already myself like you said bro...

OK now that's over let's see the room with all the goodies in it! :ganjamon: :peace: :surf:

Right on Doc! :yahoo: :welldone:

When I bought my shop the wiring was a PITA, a plumber wired it go figure... So yes I redid most of it already myself like you said bro...

OK now that's over let's see the room with all the goodies in it! :ganjamon: :peace: :surf:

I'll finish it up and get some pictures posted.

:headbanger:Okay the room is finished :woohoo::rofl::hippy:only need to get the poly for the floor 10'X10' should do, all lights and fans are running through a final test right now, my wife is getting a battery for the camera! while at the store pictures coming.

:thumb: :ganjamon: :surf:

NEXT! Time to for the next phase setup the my systems, a little pre-planning is required here.

Doc you are the man. I can't wait to see how things grow. I'm in for the long hall brother.:peace: +reps when I can.

Doc you are the man. I can't wait to see how things grow. I'm in for the long hall brother.:peace: +reps when I can.

The Room is completed and all is ready Bro! I have 6 white widow clones on order and am hoping to pick them up sometime Saturday, then the new grow room get it's first break in grow, all time cycles for fan's and lights and the EB system has been tested and ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom