Does everything change the older we get

TwstdStitch

Hi everyone: I'm what I like to call "an old noobie". Without getting into numbers, let's just say "I remember Woodstock". I was a smoker during college days, then turned "respectable" after graduation, employment, marriage and (the big one) childbirth !! During the following 28 + years I'd smoke when I got a chance (which was rarely). After my son went off to college and, years later, got married and respectable himself <g> I realized the mystery illness that had been plaguing me for 30 years was getting worse. Long story short....they now have a way to diagnose Multiple Sclerosis, which they didn't have all those years ago. I've spent most of my adult life on pills, shots, IV treatments, steroid injections in the spine....you name it. Chronic pain has been my biggest problem. Last year, while I was taking morphine, methadone, lortab and IV steroids, I decided I'd had it. I did a lot of research and went back to an old friend. I now find his name is "herb" and we can do all sorts of things with him including vaporizing and water pipes (I guess when I say "bong" I give my age away) :)) Since finding my old friend I no longer use IV steroids, lortab or morphine. The doctor is helping me wean myself off the methadone...I'm down to three a day, from 6. This is the hardest to get off of. My doctor is well aware of what I'm using instead of the arsenal of drugs I had been on; and she is discreetly supportiive. Unfortunately, discretion is our main word as I live in Pennsylvania....a state still PONDERING legalizing medical marijuana. I will never understand the hesitancy when legalizing will profit our government tremendously; not to mention the people who truly need it for medical reasons. I guess while our government continues to ponder this issue there will be those of us who continue to help ourselves. I have no plans on running for the Mexican border, selling myself to the "herb man", or becoming a cocaine sniffing addict........I will only continue to be forever grateful that our Earth is capable of growing a weed that controls MANY of the issues I suffer with due to MS, including the chronic pain. Looking forward to learning more here !!! Thanks for listening.
TwstdStitch:cheer:

Re: Does everything change the older we get???

Hey TwstdStitch! Welcome to 420mag. Good to have you here. Cannabis as you know has tons of positive factors for everyone, all over the world. Just greed got in the way and the big corporation already inside the governments that most likely this will be a long battle before it is 100% legalized everywhere. Slowly, more states are making it happen by legalizing this wonderful plant.

TS, good for you for taking a step towards healing yourself with natural medicine..It's a shame that it's taking so long but we are now gaining momentum! Welcome aboard bud, we're here to listen and answer any questions you have to the best of our abilities. Cruise around the forum and meet some of the great folks here. Respect to you and take care my friend. :goodluck:

I had to do the same thing w/the Rx drugs... dones were the worst to get off of for me also... SUCKS!
I did it though and so can you... the MJ helps a lot!

Welcome to the 420 Mag family... it's great to have you w/us. :welcome:
If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Here are some other links that may be helpful:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

How to Ask for Grow Support

How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine

Mission Statement

Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine

Take your coat off and get to know some of the locals, the staff here are great and our members are top shelf... :Namaste:

"I remember Woodstock" he he he - what now? It's comforting to know the forum has clan members around my age. Woodstock Was to be the best, worst, rock experience of my life! And I wouldn't change a thing - cept the long walk back to the van lol

So, TwstdStitch, a nice welcome to us both, yeah

:Namaste:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes !! :Namaste:

It's so nice to have somewhere to go where I can talk honestly and not be looked down on.

And my Woodstock memory is mud...mud.....MUD....mixed with things that didn't concern me at that time. :bong::peacetwo:

Twstd

TS--Welcome! I can't say that I am experiencing what you are going through but I do smoke now to help with my appetite which I use to say, in the beginning I was smoking for recreation but now it is for medication. I wasn't even around for Woodstock, I came into this world I think the year after. I am from NW PA so I know how it is as far as PA goes being a prude about legalizing it.

Also, I like to say I got it honest. You know they say alcohol can be hereditary. I like to say weed smoking is too for me because my mother smoked her first joint when she was pregnant with me. Not to say I condone smoking while pregnant but I turned out just fine. Though people do tell me I am crazy...But what is life w/o a lil insanity to keep ya on ya toes....lol

Back
Top Bottom