Does Mr Teddy Amore Amare?

Unless it's really necessary, adding a dimmer is another part that can go wrong. In this case, more than likely not. The T8 is not powerful enough to cause damages at the recommended operating distance. In fact it will not damage plants even at 10", though not recommended due to coverage limitation. Even with our atmosphere, clouds, ozone layer, etc., uv level from sunlight is still much higher than most supplemental uv enrichment so plants can usually handle anything we can reasonable throw at them. Two hours after light on for eight hours is good from the time pistils appear is usually a good rule of thumb for uv. Blue spectrum at sufficient level is also known to increase resin production, because like uv, it's also a high-intensity short wavelength, just not as intense. It goes from uv, violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, far-red and the into infra-red on the spectrum chart.

Unless it's really necessary, adding a dimmer is another part that can go wrong. In this case, more than likely not. The T8 is not powerful enough to cause damages at the recommended operating distance. In fact it will not damage plants even at 10", though not recommended due to coverage limitation. Even with our atmosphere, clouds, ozone layer, etc., uv level from sunlight is still much higher than most supplemental uv enrichment so plants can usually handle anything we can reasonable throw at them. Two hours after light on for eight hours is good from the time pistils appear is usually a good rule of thumb for uv. Blue spectrum at sufficient level is also known to increase resin production, because like uv, it's also a high-intensity short wavelength, just not as intense. It goes from uv, violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, far-red and the into infra-red on the spectrum chart.

What can go wrong when adding a dimmer?

flouros are not built for dimmers is the number one reason I can think of. it will shorten the bulb and ballast lifespan.

I was talking about the cob's and monos not the damn uvb.

Well, you did quote the entire paragraph he wrote about the supplemental UV-B bulb when you asked about a dimmer :rolleyes3 . I can understand his confusion.

No need, because you can simply turn off either the cobs or monochromes, accordingly. Adhering to the K.I.S.S. principle to ensure reliability, because a dimmer is another thing that can go wrong.

I know that but it's not the same, isn't it? You start shutting down cob's or monos bye bye spectrum. Dimming down leds (cob's, monos w/e) you get better light efficiency, longer life for the leds, less watts, less heat. Seen to many video of diy stuff..
K.I.S.S. my ass... (just found out what it means) ... keep it how it fit your needs. Kihifyn?

I was told that, with the SE350+UVB, I could shut off the COBs (I think, it might have been to shut off the mono-color LEDs) to use as a seedling / young plant light (at sufficient height to not kill them).

Other than that, the only reason I'd want to cut back on light would be if heat was an issue and I was not able to afford proper venting/cooling. I mean... I can't remember ever looking at cannabis plants and thinking, "If only there was a way to ensure that I would harvest less." ;)

I understand that cooler operating temperatures mean that the components will live longer. (My guess is that is the reason some of these panels have four relatively strong fans in them.) This company offers a five-year warranty with all of its products, though... Yes, some companies will consider the cost of repair/replacement as just another operating expense, and allow for that instead of actually building quality products. With a warranty that is of that length, I get the impression that Amare Technologies is one of the companies that would rather build a product that won't fail during the warranty period. I guess we'll see in a few years....

Exactly, heat is the only issue, I agree and I am positive that we aren't the only 2 persons with that problem and it would be nice that Amare would have this option. Only problem would be (maybe) that they would need a bigger case since the hlg B are bigger... But since I come from diy ... I don't even need it :p

This journal is being abandoned.

Both I and the girls can no longer fight the heat, which reaches 36-39 during the day.

It's not fair to Amare - and I can't stand seeing them slowly die. I shall spare you the pictures.

I will be back with an indoor grow from seed under the Amare in the autumn, when temperatures will be acceptable.

:Namaste:

This journal is being abandoned.

Both I and the girls can no longer fight the heat, which reaches 36-39 during the day.

It's not fair to Amare - and I can't stand seeing them slowly die. I shall spare you the pictures.

I will be back with an indoor grow from seed under the Amare in the autumn, when temperatures will be acceptable.

:Namaste:

Sorry bro! Also in EU and no way I can keep 450w without AC.

Back
Top Bottom