Does this seedling look ok?

AgedMaster

Hi does this look ok its light green the rest are not that colour
WP_20220904_04_52_59_Pro - Copy.jpg

Seedling looks ok to me.. possible pheno diff if they’re all the same strain.. how old is it? my main concern is your seeming lack of aeration. It could be the photo angle but do you have any perlite in your medium, or any thing to promote aeration in the medium?

Hi does this look ok its light green the rest are not that colour
WP_20220904_04_52_59_Pro - Copy.jpg
Is that coco coir?
She is hungry, you must feed her.
What's in the pot?
If it's coco or even soil you should be using perlite.
Check my potting tutorials in my Heavens Shores thread, there are a dozen.
If it's coco, I can help you get her to harvest if you like.
Let me know?
Hope your having a great weekend my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Seedling looks ok to me.. possible pheno diff if they’re all the same strain.. how old is it? my main concern is your seeming lack of aeration. It could be the photo angle but do you have any perlite in your medium, or any thing to promote aeration in the medium?
Hi pal i have 4 king tut 1 orange bud auto there 5 days old i did not seperate auto from rest im assuming its the auto i will give it a feed 1/8 strength nutes as bill suggests i dont have perlite ive never used it to late now i will get some when i get my coco and fabric pots. i have one in fabric pot that looks the same as rest in cups i put 5 holes in bottom of cups. Heres the ones in cups there stretching as my bulb is 2000k wrong for veg its dual spectrum though. Ive not filled cups to top yet as i new they was going to stretch if they fall over i can top up with more coco.
WP_20220903_09_03_18_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220903_09_03_13_Pro - Copy.jpg

Is that coco coir?
She is hungry, you must feed her.
What's in the pot?
If it's coco or even soil you should be using perlite.
Check my potting tutorials in my Heavens Shores thread, there are a dozen.
If it's coco, I can help you get her to harvest if you like.
Let me know?
Hope your having a great weekend my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Hi pal will look at your way of potting i was looking not long ago there looking good i did not use perlite to late now im going to get everything i need tomorrow i never pre soaked with nutes or fed yet i was making sure i new witch one was auto as that needs less nutes i should have germinated them separate. if u could help that would be brilliant as i dont no when to go to next pot or what to add. i no its to early now to repot but the one in silver bottle has roots coming from bottom corner not loads but theres definitely roots i would do a journal but my writing is terrible

Heres the ones in cups there stretching as my bulb is 2000k wrong for veg its dual spectrum though. Ive not filled cups to top yet as i new they was going to stretch if they fall over i can top up with more coco.
Can you move the lights closer to the seedlings? Moving the lights might be enough to keep them from stretching as much.

Just a suggestion but see if the store has starter containers. They will be smaller than what it looks like you are using right now and are often recommended for starting seeds. They will not cost all that much and will save on the duct tape and time it takes to tape up the clear cups or paint a cut off bottle.

Larger containers for small seedlings can take so long to dry out enough. Sometimes that can cause root problems. Real small containers can dry out way too fast which dries out the roots. A bit of a watering problem is shown in the first photo.

Hi pal i have 4 king tut 1 orange bud auto there 5 days old i did not seperate auto from rest im assuming its the auto i will give it a feed 1/8 strength nutes as bill suggests i dont have perlite ive never used it to late now i will get some when i get my coco and fabric pots. i have one in fabric pot that looks the same as rest in cups i put 5 holes in bottom of cups. Heres the ones in cups there stretching as my bulb is 2000k wrong for veg its dual spectrum though. Ive not filled cups to top yet as i new they was going to stretch if they fall over i can top up with more coco.
WP_20220903_09_03_18_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220903_09_03_13_Pro - Copy.jpg
You’re working with some pretty specific parameters and weaknesses that you seem to already know. I’m a soil grower myself so I would definitely follow along with @Bill284 s advice/journals.. I do know that in coco you do want perlite/aeration still, so I’d read up on that for some additional knowledge. Good luck to you, hope to see some beauties soon!

Can you move the lights closer to the seedlings? Moving the lights might be enough to keep them from stretching as much.

Just a suggestion but see if the store has starter containers. They will be smaller than what it looks like you are using right now and are often recommended for starting seeds. They will not cost all that much and will save on the duct tape and time it takes to tape up the clear cups or paint a cut off bottle.

Larger containers for small seedlings can take so long to dry out enough. Sometimes that can cause root problems. Real small containers can dry out way too fast which dries out the roots. A bit of a watering problem is shown in the first photo.
i can get root riot starter plugs but its to late now i will get some for next time i have light 3 foot away at the moment i use a hpi temp gun to measure heat its 26c at 3 foot my shades not a cool shade its just a bit of metal i can duct tape my extraction fan to shade

I go with solo cups for my seedlings. They can grow a solid enough root ball to transplant to a 1 gal relatively quickly. You’re really trying to force your roots to form a root ball of sorts and that’s near impossible for it to do in a larger container at such an early stage. There’s obviously exceptions to this but overall you’re better off going smaller.

Also.. 3 feet is kind of high for seedlings unless your light is sufficiently powerful.. a lot of people start seedlings under T5s so they can get the light really close to prevent that stretching. When a seedling is stretching it’s telling you that it’s not receiving enough light and is trying to reach closer to the light source.

The problem with seed in fabric pot was shell stuck to seed i removed not long after photo i posted another thread and someone whos used hps from start told me how close to go but he had a cool shade so i put my light a little higher there growing fine the cups are only 570ml i only filled 3/4 full so 15oz i had to use what i had and the bottle is 500 ml fabric pot 1 gal. i would much rather have a little stretch than burning and killing them

My method is to start in 2" square nursery pots. After a few days the seedling will be about 3-4" tall, then I transfer to a 1 gal nursery pot. I bury the sprout so that only about 1" of the stem is showing above the soil. After the plant is 9 to 18" tall in the 1 gal pot, I transfer to final pot size. This method works great every time.

happy growing! 🪴

My method is to start in 2" square nursery pots. After a few days the seedling will be about 3-4" tall, then I transfer to a 1 gal nursery pot. I bury the sprout so that only about 1" of the stem is showing above the soil. After the plant is 9 to 18" tall in the 1 gal pot, I transfer to final pot size. This method works great every time.

happy growing! 🪴
will do next time pal i was also looking at this led its 8100 lumen 6000k 60w it will screw in ballast i have a spare ballast i can take shade off if i need to im thinking of getting it for next time dont no if it would be ok for seedlings its only 25 pound
1662739272961.png

does anyone no when its best to repot autoflower here it is the leaves have been growing strange there wavy and slightly yellow in centre the photoperiods look perfectly fine apart from them stretching does anyone no when stems start to thicken
WP_20220909_16_48_17_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220909_17_06_13_Pro - Copy.jpg

will do next time pal i was also looking at this led its 8100 lumen 6000k 60w it will screw in ballast i have a spare ballast i can take shade off if i need to im thinking of getting it for next time dont no if it would be ok for seedlings its only 25 pound
1662739272961.png
I'm an outdoor greenhouse growing... don't know much about high-wattage indoor grow lights.

does anyone no when its best to repot autoflower here it is the leaves have been growing strange there wavy and slightly yellow in centre the photoperiods look perfectly fine apart from them stretching does anyone no when stems start to thicken
WP_20220909_16_48_17_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220909_17_06_13_Pro - Copy.jpg
I don't uppot my solos until they can drink their fill every other day.
When they have to be watered every other day the root structure is sufficient for an up pot.
I'd wait my friend.
Hope your having a nice day.

Stay safe

To late not to pot ive repotted 3 to 15ltr i repotted 8 hours ago and there doing nicely haven't drooped at all. I had to repot as the tape i put around cups was always cold to touch i was feeding and it was taking 5 days to go dryish they was basicly starving for nutes and oxygen. I find it easier to control in large pot solo cups are not for me i messed up on one i did not bury deep enough its my first time ever repotting i normally do clones . Do u think i could keep one in the 1 gal pot and keep it for clones i was going to buy a 250w cfl and keep her under that for 12 weeks
WP_20220910_19_40_04_Pro - Copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom