Doozy's Number 2 - 2300W LED Veg - 1200W HPS Flower

Doozy

Starting after 4 weeks from 12/12.

My setup is exactly the same as my previous grow (see my signature) except i'll be using 2x600w HPS for flower.

The Mars LEDs (MarsHydro) have done fantastically well in veg, to keep the ladies short, and bushy

Northern Lights Femmed.

DWC units x 5, 40ltr (11 gallon each).

Vitalink Max Nutes

Buddhas Tree 9/18 boost.

6 week veg (18/6)

These ladies are currently entering their 5th week from 12/12

So 11 weeks (77 days) FROM SEED

Let me know if you would like some images.....i've got a lot of love to give. ;)

This is the ladies just before the stretch.... at day 42

20151004_091322.jpg

Your first grow and what you got from the leds, was your best effort..... Most of your first grow problems were more than likely it being your first grow... We get better each time we grow, or at least we should...You started with a much better led filled screen this time when you flipped....
A comparison grow doesn't mix apples and oranges halfway thru the grow... Your first grow certainly wasn't the best you can do... Once you've done your best with 1200 watts of led, and it is your best effort, then it's ok to dump on them... Otherwise they're just an easy target for what didn't happen your first time in rdwc...... I'm not a great fan of leds, but i am a fan of a level playing field when comparing one light to another... You've tilted this one drastically in your favor..
I too started my last grow with a led, then switched to an hid light last 4 weeks... I was pleased with what the led did... Impressed would be a better word...I switched because I needed more light penetration because she stretched so damned much under the led... [i'm sure that was strain related], not because i needed better light....
My led is only an 185 watt draw, for that reason i now use it as a veg light.... led light can be almost as good as light gets... Although i must admit, i too am moving to what i hope is a better light for flowering.... I'll be expecting a lot from my new ss 315 watt lec lights on my next grow...

Doozy, very interesting concept for your grow log and thank you for doing it. I am curious to see how you come out with the 1200w of HPS and it will provide a nice comparison to what I will be doing this time in my own grow log. I also have two 600w lights, one HPS and one MH, but the biggest difference is that I am only going to use the second light (MH) for a 3 hour period each day to simulate noon. I think it will be an interesting comparison to see what full time 1200 watts does in relation to a simulation of the sun moving across the field and only part time 1200w, and as a comparison of pure HPS to a mixture of HPS/MH. I have pulled up a chair and popped my popcorn, and I also invite you to check out my grow log.

Lookin great Doozy! Wow! That 1200w really is showing how strong it is. I am just now beginning flower with my two 600w lights, and I am hoping for something even close to what you have going on there. You have a couple of distinct advantages over what I am doing, first you are full time 1200w, and second, your multisource lights are further apart than mine, making the double shadow effect even more pronounced. If I can even get close to what you are experiencing here, I will be very happy.

Good luck, really looking forward to seeing the end here and your impressions of dual source 1200w light!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom