Double your pleasure 1/2 the fun?

Now the fun begins!

Day 11 of flowering and I all ready have more bud sites than I can count, this is so great! Feel like a school kid have sex for the first time! I transplanted them today, at this rate they will hit 5 feet before this grow is done. As soon as I'm sure they are not stressed from the transplant I going to switch them from 650 watts of M/H lighting to 1000 watts Sodium lighting for the rest of the grow, have to install new carbon filter I'm working on that will recycle the heat from the closet to the rest of the house, to reuse the heat created to offset my heating cost.

This plant seems a bit odd, because while it growing normal in most ways all the leaves are very small compared to every plant I have ever had before. She is covered in bud sites more than all of the others, wish I knew the strain?
IMG_20913.JPG

the next 2 are just to show the many buds sites on all my girls!
IMG_20921.JPG

IMG_20903.JPG

It's a jingle in there nice work bro!

Woke up this morning and while looking at my girls, started thinking what a great group of plants! Remembering that I had bought some Schultz Take Root cloning power, I desided to give it a try. Having never done this before I figure nothing ventured nothing gained. So I took some cuttings from the botom of my 3 favorite girls, I took them from the bottom of the plants because they are in flower now for 13 days, and have lots of bud sites, from the middle of the plant to the tops. I don't have a cloner so I am going to make do with what I do have, I justed germinated 12 more seeds and have them in a seperate grow cabinet, and have put them into this cabinet and have placed some extra containers of water in it to try to increase the humity in this cabinet. Not the best way I know but I figured it's worth the shot, and I guess that time will tell whether or not it will work. Put on a 24/0 lighting and plan on misting them 4 or 5 times a day to try to keep the moisture up in this cabinet

Just sitting here looking at my girls, amazed at how their reaching for the light, what a differance from the first group of plants! Thought I would share what I'm talking about.

IMG_20942.JPG

IMG_20952.JPG

These are the 4 clones that I took from my ladies 10 day's ago! I did what I had read here except to put them in a humity dome.

3 of the 4 are showing new growth, the one on the far right is the only 1, I'm not sure is going is going to make it, I desided to try to help her out by cutting a 2 liter plastic bottle and try to make it into a humity dome for her to see if it's not to late. I have been misting them at least 4 times a day I believe that is the main reason the other 3 have made it.

IMG_20982.JPG

So day is day 21 of being in flower, and all my girls have great bud sites and have a few colas that are setting themselfs,up to be monsters! I'm amazed to have them be so large so early.

IMG_20992.JPG

IMG_20992.JPG

Day 29 of flowering now feeding them once a week, they are drinking, plenty of water, see some new growth everyday. I added 1 70 watt sodium light just for the color spectrum it addes, just something I figured I try I'm sure someone has done it before, my reason is because a 1000 watt in the space would overheat, and dry the room!

IMG_21052.JPG

IMG_21031.JPG

IMG_21022.JPG

I'm thrilled I took 4 clones from my plants while they were in the 2nd week of flower. I didn't know if they would make it as I had never cloned any plants before and all are alive and doing great at day 15!

IMG_21063.JPG

your clones look good, however its not really advised to clone from plants that have changed gears into flower. i always clone the day before flower. the plant has switched hormones when you trigger flower and now have to revert back which is a bit stressful.

Kronic, Thanks I understand that you are right about adding stress to the clones by taking them while in flower. I did read somewhere here that, while not the best pratice to take clones from plants while in flower, that it can be done but they should be placed under 24/0 light cycle. I also had just germed some seeds that sprouted a couple of days earlier and I had put them in soil, and having some space in my cabinet available and wanting to give cloning a try, then add to the fact these were known female plants I figure I really had nothing to loose, but a little time, effort and potting soil, and everything to gain. Now that the clones have survived and are showing new growth, I will have plants that I can choose to use as mothers.

Well, haven't posted for a while now, just waiting till there was something worth showing before I did. The girls have really been working hard on their buds, I had to add stakes to them because the colas are getting heavy enough to bend the stems almost to the point of breaking. I guess this is a good problem to have! They are into week 7 of flower. This weeks feeding will be the last, then I'm going to flush them, next week.

IMG_21081.JPG

IMG_21072.JPG

These are the 4 clones that I took from my ladies 10 day's ago! I did what I had read here except to put them in a humity dome.

3 of the 4 are showing new growth, the one on the far right is the only 1, I'm not sure is going is going to make it, I desided to try to help her out by cutting a 2 liter plastic bottle and try to make it into a humity dome for her to see if it's not to late. I have been misting them at least 4 times a day I believe that is the main reason the other 3 have made it.

IMG_20982.JPG

I guess one might call this before and after, these are the same clones at around 40 days and 1 transplant. They are all doing very good now, disspite my having taken them 10 days into flowering. Figuring I'm lucky I plan to veg them into larger plants to allow me to take more clones, from more mauture plants.

IMG_21092.JPG

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom