Down Under growing

JengaBoss

420 Member
Hey all

Obviously I am new to 420mag, but not new to growing....well actually I might re-class myself back to beginner. I am in the land of hot sun, sandy beaches, Vegemite and deadly animals....Australia

I am currently and have been for some time a hydro grower, I think I have put my foot into every style except for NFT and Aquaponics if you want to class that as hydro (though I personally believe that aquaponics should really be in a class all on its own). I currently SOG in coco beds and thinking (with some actions already taken) of leaping over to the Soil/Organics and implement this to the SOG beds. I have always mostly been indoors, with the occasional dabble in the outdoor realm and pretty much want to keep it focused on indoors.

I don't plan on getting into the specifics on this thread as this is more or less an introduction and will probably spend a while reading before pumping out questions that might or might not be able to be answered being we are locked to a limited amount of supplies that we can source from outside our shores.

Welcome to :420:.

Interested to see what you have growing there in Australia. Hello from Canada.

Helpful link below in signature for new members, and hey check out the spondor page see the large list of companies supporting this grest community.

Happy growing....

Thanks for the welcomes fellas, just out of curiosity do any of you have a recommended link for a post for NoTill? I used the search and just seemed to get random users personal grows. Or even is there is a user that I should look up to start with. I'm looking for a more indepth write up on it, to see if I am wasting my time with a SOG bed with NoTill, as my only concern is the short veg time I am wondering if this is a route I should be taking.

And she just smiled and gave me a vegimite sandwich...and he saaaaid!!!
I come from a land down under .. boom bup boom bup.... Haha welcome aboard buddy. Are men at work still big down there? Were they ever? Never tried vegimite before but now got that song stuck in my head and some weird hunger cravings. Thanks for that :)welcome aboard buddy :)

Thanks for the welcomes fellas, just out of curiosity do any of you have a recommended link for a post for NoTill? I used the search and just seemed to get random users personal grows. Or even is there is a user that I should look up to start with. I'm looking for a more indepth write up on it, to see if I am wasting my time with a SOG bed with NoTill, as my only concern is the short veg time I am wondering if this is a route I should be taking.
@Emilya is your go to gal for that sort of stuff mate. She's the other side of the world though so probably sleeping.

hahaha....Yeah they, as in Colin Hay still floats around the streets (meaning on tele, doing interviews) now an again, not really any reunion concerts, appartenly they stopped those in 2012. Yeah they were massive and still get a good workout on the Jukebox in the pubs, and a pleathora of MaW tribute bands in the pubs as well

No grow is a waste of time if it yields thc.

It could be if you know the very minimal basics of NoTill. I have started 3 vermiculture farms, 3 Bokashi bins, making my own Bokashi grains, reculture my EM-1, working on getting my compost balanced with a 40:1 C:N.

I have sourced locally, but need to purchase all my soil amendments. Which comes with a decent $$tag. So all this, plus my full time job has me concerned if I am going down a creek that runs out of water.

But on the other side of all that, it isn't a waste at all, as I plan on implementing the NoTill into my daily fruit and veg garden. Just more concerned about the number of plants in the SOG bed vs the amount of soil, and whether or not a living mulch would come into play with such a short veg time, or is just top dressing and standard mulch more practical.

Now look what you done LOL. You steered me to go off and turn an introduction post into an off-topic specific post...Kidding aside, thanks for the moral support and encouragement

Welcome.

Welcome JengaBoss, Not sure if no till is the same as Living Organic Soil but that's my recent medium. Got the recipe from a book by The Rev called True Living Organics. so far so good,

I think the two are the same, I could be wrong as I am new to this, but both titles seem to be based on microbs in the soil and replenishing the amendments between crops.

Welcome to the 420 Community, looking forward to seeing your grows, Australia is such a nice place in the world

wasn't sure, being new here, if I should do a mid grow grow journal of my current grow. Being I am 90% chance going to shift over to the organic life it might give a back to back comparison

Welcome,

I'm also in Aus (Brisbane) and growing indoor. I harvested a girl about 2 months ago and heavily pruned her. Since then growth has been very slow and I'm wondering if it's the temperature.

Here's what she currently looks like,
20190726_193832.jpg

I've topped it a few times and have half a dozen growing heads which I keep separated (spread) using 3D printed spacers.
Can anyone advise the best temperature for growing.

BTW, the plant above is the one pictured in this thread.

Welcome,

I'm also in Aus (Brisbane) and growing indoor. I harvested a girl about 2 months ago and heavily pruned her. Since then growth has been very slow and I'm wondering if it's the temperature.

Here's what she currently looks like,
20190726_193832.jpg

I've topped it a few times and have half a dozen growing heads which I keep separated (spread) using 3D printed spacers.
Can anyone advise the best temperature for growing.

BTW, the plant above is the one pictured in this thread.
Temp can do that. I find when it's in the 60's f ,18.3c mine slow down a lot.

Back
Top Bottom