Dread's Comeback Grow

Doctor Dread

Nug of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
Well, I've been busy getting a new place and settling in after the break in at my old pad. I finally have the time to show you all what I'm working with.

I am vegging 4 plants on a 24hr cycle. They were germinated December 22. All 4 are looking very healthy. They are vegging under four 18w 5000k cfls, and four 42w 3000k cfls. The spectrum could be better but I'm just using what I had lying around. They are in a mix of Roots Organic soil and added perlite. I use distilled water. I am using Fox Farm base nutrients with hygrozyme, Liquid Karma, and Cal/Mag. I make sure to measure PPM and PH of feeding solution prior to watering.

1/5/2010
rsz_0372.jpg

1/12/2010
Dank7.jpg

Once again, I am growing an unknown bagseed variety. I found six seeds in five ounces. I bought it right after my homegrown nugs were stolen. It was some stinky and potent bud. I happened to snap some photos when I first got it.
002285.JPG

015108.JPG

I'm probably forgetting a few things but its really late so I'm gonna keep it on the short side. I will show my new closet setup in the next update. I also have a really cool flouro I'm going to fire up tomorrow. Until next time, Peace. :peace:

First of all..... :rollit:

rsz_0143.jpg

Well, the 400 got fired up today. Time to really get things movin! You can see in the photo below the fluorescent fixture I came across at a garage sale. It houses two 42w bulbs and has a very efficient reflector. Adds some nice side lighting and will be more useful once flowering starts.

They got a good feeding today with FFGB, Liquid Karma, Cal/Mag, and Hygrozyme.
Pre Flush 1/2 gal: 0 PPM @ 6.4 ph
Feed 1/4 gal: 800 PPM @ 6.4 ph

Heres the setup:

0629.JPG

04327.JPG

03536.JPG

05313.JPG

Catch a wiff before you go..... :grinjoint:

rsz_0231.jpg

Thanks alot ultra!! It's great to be back! It's good to see you man thanks for leavin me a comment...

Getting jacked ain't stoppin me! If the bastards who robbed me are watching, WHAT NOW?! YOU CANT TOUCH THIS!!! Alright, sorry had to get that out of my system...

Hey what up Doctor D!!?? Glad I could join you here on your new grow. The ladies are looking fine man. You say 24/0 for veg aye? I have just been discussing this in my journal. I went 18/6 and am leaning to 20/4 next grow. Have you been doing 24/0 a lot? No ill side effects? Lemme know what you think man. Love the bud pr0n as well, you know how to keep a journal interesting. That blunt looks YUMMY! Pass that SH!T.

Hehe.

L8ER

What up Grooster!! Glad you made it man! Here you go bro, puff all you want... :passitleft:
You are correct, they have been under 24 hours of light since December 24th. I usually do 18 hours, but I was curious to see if 24 produced any noticeable difference. So far it hasn't. They look healthy no doubt, however, they don't seem to be doing any better than my 18/6 veg plants in the past.

I made the decision to give the plants their first 12 hour dark period last night. I'm flowering these plants because I am going to need as much space as possible and they cant take up the whole flower chamber once they reach their final size...

I am going to determine their sex, then clone if female. I will take around 5 clones per plant and root them using the aero cloner I built. Once rooted, the clones will be placed in soil and kept in a veg room for 4-6 weeks. I will be keeping one clone per plant to mother.

Oh yeah, I popped 6 more beans today of a number of strains. These ones are all mystery seeds collected from various bags of high grade ganj over the years. Came out of my personal stock so I know they are quality.

One more thing. I placed my order for a Fresca Sol a few days ago!! My current reflector is causing my grow room to reach temps in the low 90s when the door is closed. Not good. I cannot be home for all 12 hours a day, therefore, its crucial I'm able to close the door and not worry about heat spikes... I thought about going with an air cooled hood, but I have no where for the air to go when the door is shut. This is where the Fresca Sol comes in! It will help regulate temperature, and allow me to place the lamp 6'' above the plants. I have a 45gal res and am working on getting a chiller. Come Friday, I'm swappin my POS reflector out and firing up the 400w in the Fresca. Eventually, I'll have a 1000w in there with a nice chiller to go along with it. :grinjoint::grinjoint:

DAY 1 BLOOM
004244.JPG

Thanks for checkin out my thread! :roorrip:

Made a decision to move two of the plants over to a buddies house. He wanted to learn how to grow so I made him a little cfl setup and started him out with two plants. Still dont know if they are females, but I hope at least one of them is.

So, I'm down to two plants... They have been in bloom for around a week now. I am preparing to take clones as soon as they show their sex.

The Fresca Sol came in today. Got it hooked up with the 400 and I'm very impressed. Still a slight amount of heat coming off the bulb, but not anything compared to my old reflector. I have a 56 gallon res to keep it cool. Only have about 45 gallons in there for now. Sounds like a little overkill, but I'm not running a chiller or heat extractor yet so I need as much water as I can. It is hooked up to a 550gph pump that keeps the flow rate very high. I will be purchasing a 1000w bulb and ballast to replace my 400 in the next few weeks... The wing reflector for the lamp is still in the mail, so I should get that early next week.

02259.JPG

02946.JPG

Here are the two plants I decided to keep for myself.

016103.JPG

008209.JPG

DIY cloner in the works...

03727.JPG

Thanks for lookin! :grinjoint:

Thanks for stopin by and for the compliments man! I too am looking forward to the journey, and I'm pleased you could join in.

sorry about the cocksuckers who took your stuff, this is something i worry about as my roomate and myself have some nice stuff, and my operation.

but theyll get whats coming to them, personally if i would have found out who did it, and it was a "friend" id break every bone in their legs.

but the good part is that youre ok, and back on the ground running. youll have some more dank to smoke soon enough.

also try to get a safe that bolts to the floor maybe? or like us we have 3 pitbulls, they tend to do a good job of detering people from breaking in

Oh sh!t!!!! :welcome: back Dread... its great to see you persevere like that.. You got heart bro. You got back on your feet and you didn't let negativity keep you down. Your two plants look healthy & happy. They look like they're enjoyin that fresca too.. Gonna be great, and its OD cool that we all get to share this experience w/you :hug:

Welcome back again bro :welcome:

Dro :popcorn:

Glad you're back in action Dr. D, getting robbed sucks but looks like you got it goin on now. Nice gear,healthy plants and a man who won't quit. +reps if I can :peace:

Back
Top Bottom