Droopy plants?

Calibarsjay

420 Member
Hi my first grow, un experienced but trying my best, in coco, my question is they are 3 weeks from seed (1 seed is week behind)
My plants leaves were always pointing slightly up now there are drooling leaning on the pot? Here is a pic is this healthy and normle? I fualt I might be overwatering what might be causing it. Any help appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• 5609813D-6556-42A7-88F9-7CA6BF3D4243.jpeg
    5609813D-6556-42A7-88F9-7CA6BF3D4243.jpeg
    800.5 KB · Views: 83
What is your watering schedule? Are you in soil? You have good size fabric pots, so assuming you are soil you only need to water them (to runoff) every 3 days at this stage. Continue with that schedule until flowering and then maybe switch to every 2 days as needed. An easy way to know if they need water with fabric pots is simply knowing the weight of your "dry" potted plant...as you gain experience you will simply be able to know if need water or not with a quick lift.

:goodluck:

If you suspect you are overwatering then let em dry a little longer but have you been raising the light as they have been growing towards it?
Always check the weight of the pot for indicator on when to water. When it's super light she's ready for water.when you pick up the pot if it still feels like bottom heavy like there might be moisture in the bottom of the pot leave it an extra day or 2.

I've given you this advice just cos you're a new grower and I myself am constantly guilty of overwatering. BUT in my opinion your plants look good and happy. You're doing well. Don't over think it, just relax ans stick to the basics. Move the light as they grow, don't overwater, start nutrients low and slooowly notch it up to full strength reccomended on bottle. Keep temps and humidity in the sweet spot

Hi my first grow, un experienced but trying my best, in coco, my question is they are 3 weeks from seed (1 seed is week behind)
My plants leaves were always pointing slightly up now there are drooling leaning on the pot? Here is a pic is this healthy and normle? I fualt I might be overwatering what might be causing it. Any help appreciated thanks.
Also 2 at back are purple punch. Front left peyote and then zkittleZ.
What is your watering schedule? Are you in soil? You have good size fabric pots, so assuming you are soil you only need to water them (to runoff) every 3 days at this stage. Continue with that schedule until flowering and then maybe switch to every 2 days as needed. An easy way to know if they need water with fabric pots is simply knowing the weight of your "dry" potted plant...as you gain experience you will simply be able to know if need water or not with a quick lift.

:goodluck:
Hi thanks for reply, and it’s 70/30 coco perlite not soil

If you suspect you are overwatering then let em dry a little longer but have you been raising the light as they have been growing towards it?
Always check the weight of the pot for indicator on when to water. When it's super light she's ready for water.when you pick up the pot if it still feels like bottom heavy like there might be moisture in the bottom of the pot leave it an extra day or 2.

I've given you this advice just cos you're a new grower and I myself am constantly guilty of overwatering. BUT in my opinion your plants look good and happy. You're doing well. Don't over think it, just relax ans stick to the basics. Move the light as they grow, don't overwater, start nutrients low and slooowly notch it up to full strength reccomended on bottle. Keep temps and humidity in the sweet spot
Thanks for the reply, so I was told to water everyday in coco, so shall I try the weight method like you said, also I have a vertical 600hps with a big hood been keeping it around 20 inches away.

I see the smaller plants are looking better than the big ones. I'd be watering the bigger ones enough to get more runoff or even water them twice a day. The sharp bend in the tip of the leaves means to me the coco is getting a buildup of uneaten nutes.
Thanks for reply, do you think I could flush with RO water the. Start feeding again abit more lightly ?

Thanks for reply, do you think I could flush with RO water the. Start feeding again abit more lightly ?
My understanding is you shouldn't use straight ro in coco, I would use a weak nutrient solution for a couple days and be sure to get lots of runoff. See how she reacts and then decide whether to slowly increase again.

I see the smaller plants are looking better than the big ones. I'd be watering the bigger ones enough to get more runoff or even water them twice a day. The sharp bend in the tip of the leaves means to me the coco is getting a buildup of uneaten nutes.
Thanks for reply, do you think I could flush with RO water the. Start feeding again
Temps? (Max and Min)
while lights are on 25-28 and while off it has sometimes dropped as Lowe as 15 degrees! My own fualt not setting timer on rad correctly.

I grow in coco and see the same problem regularly.
Usually it's a temporary issue that I see soon after an up pot from the solo cup to the final pot
The root system takes a few days to reestablish itself in its new home
They always bounce back after about a week
Just make sure you're getting good drainage from your container
And go easy on the nutes for the first week after an up pot

I grow in coco and see the same problem regularly.
Usually it's a temporary issue that I see soon after an up pot from the solo cup to the final pot
The root system takes a few days to reestablish itself in its new home
They always bounce back after about a week
Just make sure you're getting good drainage from your container
And go easy on the nutes for the first week after an up pot
Thanks for the help, thing is my Seeds stretched so I so I planting them deep when transplanting, can this be caused by the roots already hitting the bottom? I still have to transplant into final 5gal smart pots

Back
Top Bottom