I personally have not although I have heard some go by the size or puffiness of the trichomes as a gage of when to pull but not when to start.

If you are looking to pull her when she is done, I'd think that is a good place to start with that percentage. Maybe @StoneOtter ? He's been doing this a while now
Well heck let’s just try it out and see! I will post before and after pics after her last feeding. Should be just the right timing.

NTH

Well heck let’s just try it out and see! I will post before and after pics after her last feeding. Should be just the right timing.

NTH
Beautiful! Good luck NTH! Can't wait to hear and see the results!

I didn't have my phone but I promise they all live and are fuzzy! I'll get pics tomorrow.
Missed this somehow!! I know they are!! Can't wait to see em! :green_heart:

The only way to go ! Drought at 8 weeks then fed and then cut at 10 weeks with no other feedings . Was perfect for me .
Absolutely loving those nugs, I might add!! Sweet harvest man!

I was at 90 give or take but also a known sativa. Knew my cut was at least 10 weeks. Worked out perfect for me ! pay attention to trics and your own personal preferences. Sativa means all cloudy to me ! :lot-o-toke:
I don't like overwhelming trichs I pull relatively early, too. 30% max on ambers regardless of genetics for me

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but why can't the case be made to drought every watering for the last 2 or 3 waterings?
Isn't that technically what you would do if you droughted straight to harvest anyway?

Isn't that technically what you would do if you droughted straight to harvest anyway?
Not really..what I'm saying is I just got done with a 5 and 7 day drought but looks like I still have a week or 10 days left. I'm not sure I would have risked that much more time droighting before they died. However, I watered and brought them back up but I can drought before next watering. Is that how it's supposed to be done?
I'm probably not making any sense.

Not really..what I'm saying is I just got done with a 5 and 7 day drought but looks like I still have a week or 10 days left. I'm not sure I would have risked that much more time droighting before they died. However, I watered and brought them back up but I can drought before next watering. Is that how it's supposed to be done?
I'm probably not making any sense.
I am a little confused. You droughted. She isn't done and you want to drought her again before harvest? Is that what I am hearing you say? I feel like we are in couples therapy right now trying to understand eachother lol

I personally have not although I have heard some go by the size or puffiness of the trichomes as a gage of when to pull but not when to start.

If you are looking to pull her when she is done, I'd think that is a good place to start with that percentage. Maybe @StoneOtter ? He's been doing this a while now
I can't see why not. I've done it like that before to fit my needs.

I am a little confused. You droughted. She isn't done and you want to drought her again before harvest? Is that what I am hearing you say? I feel like we are in couples therapy right now trying to understand eachother lol
Yeah it does feel like therapy right now lol. I guess what I'm asking is what is the damage done if there are longer periods in between watering during flower? Is growth potentially stunted?

I would think it is a balance between the two. With draughting it seems you are trying to induce a protection reaction in the form of more and denser trichomes from the plant that then stays put (i.e. doesn't get reversed when you stop).

If you do it as a regular and periodic practice I would think you'd get the effect, but would do so at the expense of some growth you'd get otherwise if you just did it a time or two near the end.

Back
Top Bottom