Yeah it does feel like therapy right now lol. I guess what I'm asking is what is the damage done if there are longer periods in between watering during flower? Is growth potentially stunted?
If you are asking if you think purposefully giving them less water than usual after the drought will further elicit increased trichome production, I would go on a limb and say no. I think once the drought is over, it has done its thing and we should just keep em watered as they would normally like thereafter. Different concept I think than doing more shortened droughts over time with a different medium that requires more water. I don't think that in our case, in soil, we would benefit anymore

I would think it is a balance between the two. With draughting it seems you are trying to induce a protection reaction in the form of more and denser trichomes from the plant that then stays put (i.e. doesn't get reversed when you stop).

If you do it as a regular and periodic practice I would think you'd get the effect, but would do so at the expense of some growth you'd get otherwise if you just did it a time or two near the end.
Agreed that th growth won't be stunted in the end. Earlier droughting practices, maybe yes

Couple buds a burping :p:p Look at the trics on these. Unreal
E3FAE182-DAFB-4775-8374-0111003A8C3F.jpeg
8B33D7E0-2122-47E3-AA78-F68608A2E169.jpeg
B9D6094D-65C3-42C7-97EC-2E6139CB8584.jpeg
03D0925F-FAB7-406A-A02E-993A5CCE53CC.jpeg
15AB8FC8-E63E-41B3-90DA-0ED375DAC370.jpeg
8749327A-B8C3-459D-AFFF-3A36A1D5FCCF.jpeg

Couple buds a burping :p:p Look at the trics on these. Unreal
E3FAE182-DAFB-4775-8374-0111003A8C3F.jpeg
8B33D7E0-2122-47E3-AA78-F68608A2E169.jpeg
B9D6094D-65C3-42C7-97EC-2E6139CB8584.jpeg
03D0925F-FAB7-406A-A02E-993A5CCE53CC.jpeg
15AB8FC8-E63E-41B3-90DA-0ED375DAC370.jpeg
8749327A-B8C3-459D-AFFF-3A36A1D5FCCF.jpeg
I like Stonehenge ...looks like a nug of the monther there again!

I'm sorry guys and gals, but I am not seeing it. If things go right, I grow buds that are super thick with trichomes, rails as they call it. Then I put them in the dark, put a drywall screw through their hearts and in 36 hours the trichomes get even thicker and longer and greater in number. My spouse tells me that my best product will snap crackle and pop when lit in the bowl, and in a dark room I can see blue and purple and orange sparks leaping out from the mass of trichomes as the bowl gets the first flame. I know the difference between the taste of trichomes with that very first hit on the bowl vs the taste of bud. Yes, you guys are growing a lot of good trichomes, but compared to my best, getting all the water they need 3 out of 4 waterings, and on the fourth I give them what y'all would call a mini drought at best... where i dry them out for an extra day or two, at best just to draw more oxygen down deeper into the container.

I think that after viewing all of your photos, I suspect that your tortured plants are not producing the same quantity as I do, speaking on the average of course... there are always exceptions. My best plants finish healthy and green, and the much higher moisture content at the end of the grow allows for me to get a much longer and stable cure in, than would be possible for a mostly dried out plant sent to harvest.

So, you have me interested, but not convinced as to the superiority of this method. I would like to see a few of you do a side by side to directly see the difference between the two methods. If "draughting" was actually as wonderful as you all seem convinced it is, it seems that someone would have figured that out before and this would have been common knowledge long before today.

So far I remain willing to be convinced, but very skeptical. ~~~Emmy

I'm sorry guys and gals, but I am not seeing it. If things go right, I grow buds that are super thick with trichomes, rails as they call it. Then I put them in the dark, put a drywall screw through their hearts and in 36 hours the trichomes get even thicker and longer and greater in number. My spouse tells me that my best product will snap crackle and pop when lit in the bowl, and in a dark room I can see blue and purple and orange sparks leaping out from the mass of trichomes as the bowl gets the first flame. I know the difference between the taste of trichomes with that very first hit on the bowl vs the taste of bud. Yes, you guys are growing a lot of good trichomes, but compared to my best, getting all the water they need 3 out of 4 waterings, and on the fourth I give them what y'all would call a mini drought at best... where i dry them out for an extra day or two, at best just to draw more oxygen down deeper into the container.

I think that after viewing all of your photos, I suspect that your tortured plants are not producing the same quantity as I do, speaking on the average of course... there are always exceptions. My best plants finish healthy and green, and the much higher moisture content at the end of the grow allows for me to get a much longer and stable cure in, than would be possible for a mostly dried out plant sent to harvest.

So, you have me interested, but not convinced as to the superiority of this method. I would like to see a few of you do a side by side to directly see the difference between the two methods. If "draughting" was actually as wonderful as you all seem convinced it is, it seems that someone would have figured that out before and this would have been common knowledge long before today.

So far I remain willing to be convinced, but very skeptical. ~~~Emmy
You have to read Kaplan's paper. I understand. Maybe Krissi knows where it is around here.

I couldn't resist... I have been reading with one eye on the Bengals. Until I started writing this, it looked like they were handling the Titans... but we see life and it is probably my fault.

Anyway, that very professionally done study, specific on cannabis, answered and tested for every objection that I had. Every point that I brought up earlier was covered.

I happen to be at the 7 week point plus two days, with the last watering 4 days ago. It seems like the time to try this. The study has me convinced that I don't even need a control plant, it seems that I am convinced that done at the right time, there is great benefit to be had without losing weight.

Does anyone know the bloom time of the Amnesia F2... its not on the website due to local laws. I assume that the drought needs to be done near its end too, although the study seemed to indicate a problem with sativas??

the study does not suggest that there is a 'problem' with sativas,, it states that adjustments need be made for longer flowering plants,, and different mediums, etc.

least that is what i read,,

and,, yes,, drought is last stage of a plants life,, a watering after the drought to bring moisture levels back up,, which i understand happens quite quickly,, then a harvest,,

sweet

You have to read Kaplan's paper. I understand. Maybe Krissi knows where it is around here.

To be honest, I've had a poopy day and I just saw this and breezed through but I want to collect my bad day stoner thoughts before I jump in. Hope this link helps it won't let me attach it but you can download the full pdf to your phone. I tried to add it on but all I could do was link it here @Emilya. Thank you for coming by, as always

Guys I haven't forgotten about this...

I've had several incidents including just Sunday,with a debilitating shoulder injury so I wanted to just say ill be back soon. Probably more since I can't do much with the girls lifiting and what not, so some discussions will be on the horizon.

Only battle I have upcoming is this weekends shift of my seedling autos to their final homes.

Expect to hear some interesting stuff and I'm exited to see the back and forth I've very much missed.

Here is our last drought, G, now week 3.5 cured

To be honest, I've had a poopy day and I just saw this and breezed through but I want to collect my bad day stoner thoughts before I jump in. Hope this link helps it won't let me attach it but you can download the full pdf to your phone. I tried to add it on but all I could do was link it here @Emilya. Thank you for coming by, as always
I will say that after this first experiment, I am very impressed. The trichome development through the drought was incredible, so much so that I am trying it a second time on a long running plant. Right now I am just waiting for the amber to get where it needs to be and I will pull these plants, not without taking some good pictures of the results. I can't wait to try this on some better managed plants, but I will say that it took some plants from the point of being mediocre at best, to wow, in just 11 days.

I will say that after this first experiment, I am very impressed. The trichome development through the drought was incredible, so much so that I am trying it a second time on a long running plant. Right now I am just waiting for the amber to get where it needs to be and I will pull these plants, not without taking some good pictures of the results. I can't wait to try this on some better managed plants, but I will say that it took some plants from the point of being mediocre at best, to wow, in just 11 days.

These words coming from you @Emilya are just so heartwarming :green_heart: I am so happy that you have been able to "see" the difference!! Look forward to chatting more!

I’m not going to lie.
One reason I’m trying this.
Emilya and you ladies will be to blame. LOL
36 hours no feed in coco at the mo.
3C14507A-F8CA-40A9-9E45-FA556278B3B3.jpeg
Loving it :love:

You're awesome for that open mind and appreciate you going out on the coco limb for us Skunk!

Guys I haven't forgotten about this...

I've had several incidents including just Sunday,with a debilitating shoulder injury so I wanted to just say ill be back soon. Probably more since I can't do much with the girls lifiting and what not, so some discussions will be on the horizon.

Only battle I have upcoming is this weekends shift of my seedling autos to their final homes.

Expect to hear some interesting stuff and I'm exited to see the back and forth I've very much missed.

Here is our last drought, G, now week 3.5 cured

that is so YUMMY. I'm at 2.5 weeks
B8E942A4-E626-4FCB-9808-8AC1A9F0CC6C.jpeg
218E8F45-5F7E-4DCE-BDC3-7128DC0138F5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom