DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Exactly. also they’re much easier to rotate on the stem instead of turning each bud individually.
my buds are laid out on baking racks, I rotate them so they don’t dry flat.

@780grow in my opinion, dry trimming is a safer bet. Less chance of bruising the buds while they’re still fresh. Also I think dry trimmed buds look prettier than wet trim.

What is best way to check humidity of buds after its been in the fridge for the drying portion? Put it in a container and close lid with hygrometer?
You’re exactly right on. It goes like this, overnight is the only true check of rH supposedly. But if your buds are over 70 rH in a jar, and the rH is climbing more than 1% per hour, your buds are still too wet. If they’re like 73-74 but not climbing, especially over night, you’re good to burp. That’s how I do it anyhow.

Chopped main cola and bud washed then trimming fan leaves and sugar leaves with no trichomes, held bud by stem so minimal contact. Dried for 4 hrs at 50% rh 17c.
In the fridge it goes, 70% humidity and 3c 20200228_233103.jpg20200228_183015.jpg

Chopped main cola and bud washed then trimming fan leaves and sugar leaves with no trichomes, held bud by stem so minimal contact. Dried for 4 hrs at 50% rh 17c.
In the fridge it goes, 70% humidity and 3c20200228_233103.jpg20200228_183015.jpg

74% in crisper this morning. Moved bag into main compartment at 40% rh.

Should i be burping the buds at all? Or can i leave it in the bag unopened and just gently move around the buds daily?
I want to aim for 2 weeks in fridge and then check humidity to see if over or under 62% and determine if they go back in fridge or into jar?

Edit: buds sure are drying airy...most likely because of my grow i assume. Looks like someone stuck a couple fingers in it...:laughtwo:
20200303_185405.jpg

You should be taking them out of the fridge for 4-5 hours every 4 days. Then yes, after 2 weeks check the rH in a jar overnight
Thanks chef! Take out of fridge and leave in room temperature and open bag or out of fridge and leave it closed for 4 hrs?

You should be taking them out of the fridge for 4-5 hours every 4 days. Then yes, after 2 weeks check the rH in a jar overnight

That sounds like it's defeating the purpose of this method. I do what sue does, check once in 3 or 4 days, give a light bounce/turn and then just let it be. You can check em by touch whenever you want. If they feel dry, then put in jar with hygrometer. If after 12-24 hours it's at or below 70 then it's time to burp, above 70 and back in the fridge.....

Cheers!:passitleft:

That sounds like it's defeating the purpose of this method. I do what sue does, check once in 3 or 4 days, give a light bounce/turn and then just let it be. You can check em by touch whenever you want. If they feel dry, then put in jar with hygrometer. If after 12-24 hours it's at or below 70 then it's time to burp, above 70 and back in the fridge.....

Should there be a minimum amount of time they should be in fridge before jarring? Or once its below 70% no matter how long they been in fridge then jar. Only been 5 days so far in fridge...feels wet still...how long should i leave in container when checking humidity?

Attachments

• 20200303_191506.jpg
    20200303_191506.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 59
Instructions changed numerous times since this started. Letting buds sit in open air for 4-5 hours every 4-5 days is not necessary and it defeats the purpose of this method which is to preserve precious terpenes. There are many ways to skin this cat but I think most do it the set and forget way and you should get best results. I'd recommend trying it so you can judge for yourself.

Oh and I'm about to bag up my Diesel auto. Not the prettiest gal or a yielder.

I don’t bag my buds cause I dry trim. I don’t want all that crisp sugar leaf bouncing around with the buds. My star pupil went into the fridge like this. Also I’ve realized you don’t need to hang after you wash. I put these colas in the fridge directly after washing and they were dry in the morning. I did cut each cola in half once just cause I only have 2 gallon containers for bud washing.

:passitleft:

My method is even simpler. :laughtwo:

* Harvest
* Budwash - spun dry, hang for up to 4 hrs
* Clip into bags (28 gr per bag)
* Into the fridge, bags on their side to increase surface area
* After 3 days gently bounce buds apart
* Leave for two weeks (unless airy buds, then check sooner)
* At 2 weeks stabilize with rice balls and jar up

Sometimes they take a little longer, but before I took the grow down this was a pretty standard process for me.
I started reading this from the start a few days ago, I was up to around page 50 before I couldn't take anymore and jumped to the end and started back tracking, I knew from page one I would be doing this, I am all in lol,
I am harvesting 4 Early Miss auto flower this weekend, it's my very first attempt at indoor and auto flower lol, so they are going on day 70 from seedlings, I made mistakes at the beginning so I am suffering in quantity, from what I see and smell and feel, I am very pleased with the quality. I will document my attempt, and will follow you to a tee, thank you for this, thank you to everyone who got into this from the start and perfecting this amazing method :peace:

If I can keep this looking like this after curing, I am already in heaven just thinking about it.
20200310_040620.jpg

20200309_210110.jpg

:reading420magazine::passitleft::green_heart:

Put bud into fridge 14 days ago...jarred for 10 hours and humidity showing 90%....seems high....fridge is avg 35% rh. Put back in fridge.

Should i leave out for a bit tonight to dry it out faster?

Back
Top Bottom