Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

I'd turn both switches on and just start the light high and gradually lower. Their recommendations seem extremely cautious but that's not a bad thing.

I’m being overly cautious as well since I don’t want to stress these girls out at all!
I’m sure they will love the extra light I just want to make sure they adjust and take to it properly ! This is what the manual said...
image.jpg

Thanks again! Any and all help is greatly appreciated !

I agree...you've got some sturdy plants with the EM's. If they were seedlings or fresh clones, I'd be more cautious, but those girls should not have a problem with the veg + bloom lights on....just start about 36" above the canopy and gradually lower to about 18"-24", assuming you don't see any adverse reaction.

I agree...you've got some sturdy plants with the EM's. If they were seedlings or fresh clones, I'd be more cautious, but those girls should not have a problem with the veg + bloom lights on....just start about 36" above the canopy and gradually lower to about 18"-24", assuming you don't see any adverse reaction.
I'm thinking its somewhere around 200 true watts, without looking...I would have no qualms putting your girlz under that with both switches on...I would start at maybe 30 inches and lower slowly as required...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Thanks guys!! Much appreciated for the input!

i mean my HPS 600W full power is 12-14" from closest budsites and the leaves arent curling or showing and heat or light stress. Temps are right at 80'F so I will give 20" a start and hopefully I dont see any stress! Im off all day tomorrow so i can monitor them as well!

BTW, I take the hangers that come with those lights and double up (fold in half) the wires. It buys a little extra headroom and let's you raise the lights a little further up, as needed. Let me know if you need a pic to see this!

I make my own hangars using small cable and crimp fasteners, varying from 4 inches to 15 inches, but usually only use the 4 inchers to gain a few inches...its easier to raise a plant than lower a light...cheerz..h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Whether you raise the plants or lower the lights, the smaller cables do give a few inches of extra headroom and, when you have an "outta' control" sativa, even a few extra inches helps! :thumb:

Nice light Dutch! I'm sure with all the advice you got they're going to be loving the extra watts. Congrats on the Critical cuttings too! I'm curious to see how the ones in peat pucks do compared to the ones in soil. I never had any luck at all with cuttings in peat pucks...too hard to control the moisture level for me. Drier on the outside and damp by the stem.

I make my own hangars using small cable and crimp fasteners, varying from 4 inches to 15 inches, but usually only use the 4 inchers to gain a few inches...its easier to raise a plant than lower a light...cheerz..h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...
Whether you raise the plants or lower the lights, the smaller cables do give a few inches of extra headroom and, when you have an "outta' control" sativa, even a few extra inches helps! :thumb:

I was worried about it starting off to close to the tops but she’s been strong and healthy thus far and I’ll keep a close eye on her over the next few days ! Thanks again guys

Nice light Dutch! I'm sure with all the advice you got they're going to be loving the extra watts. Congrats on the Critical cuttings too! I'm curious to see how the ones in peat pucks do compared to the ones in soil. I never had any luck at all with cuttings in peat pucks...too hard to control the moisture level for me. Drier on the outside and damp by the stem.

Thanks Shed! I’m going to try my best to get them rooted! It will be interesting to see the difference if any between promix and jiffy’s. The cuttings got treated the same just different mediums! Little sample test !

I really hope they love the added light just gotta watch my heat and make sure she doesn’t show any stress!

:high-five:

BTW, I take the hangers that come with those lights and double up (fold in half) the wires. It buys a little extra headroom and let's you raise the lights a little further up, as needed. Let me know if you need a pic to see this!

Knowledge is a great thing to have so anything I can learn to possibly use or pass on to someone else is valuable so I would love to see a picture @Mr. Krip

Thanks my man!

Quick Update !
What’s up everyone! Hope your well.

Just wanted to do a photo dump for now and do a big update tomorrow since I’m off!

GOT THE NEW LIGHT INSTALLED! Thanks for the help @Mr. Krip and @dr.h00k

I’ll keep a close eye on her for the next few days and hopefully I can keep the additional heat in check!

PHOTO DUMP

Ohh and a VIDEO for anyone who’s interested!

New Light in the Tent and Update!

Thanks guys and stay medicated !:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom