DWC Bubbler Grow Tent First Attempt

wow wheelo'.. good god... interesting stuff, but a lil heavy for me right now haha thanks for that

so im pretty sure its cool if i use a 400w for 4 plants in a 3x3 right?... loll

yup. if those were par watts you'd be on par with the sun, except for the distance and penetration. but they're not. lol.

doesn't matter, it's plenty for that area.

day 10!

res changed to up nutes from 150ppm to 350

switched them around a lil to help maybe keep the air tube attached to the bottom .. plant B is still in Back
IMG_01352.JPG

plant B
IMG_01365.JPG

IMG_01374.JPG

plant a - you can see the new leaves being distorted again.. probably from heat, i hate giving them this stress but i was too scrd to leave the fan on overnight during dark period so i been shutting it off, i dont have a timer for it tho so ive been doin it b4 i go to bed n after i wake up... leaving them under the light for an hour or 2 b4 and after dark period without fan :/.. however, im leaving it on tonight, im sick of fuckin wit em.. it gets to be like 90-95 right under that thing
IMG_01385.JPG

IMG_01394.JPG

IMG_01403.JPG

well ill def post pics tomorrow, i wanna see if this major increase will promote a lot of new growth.. i mean it obviously will, but lets see if its too much n it hurts em aye?...

go for the gusto!

pit would have them at 1300 ppm already, lol.

wouldn't suggest that without a lot of experience though, takes a steady eye to see and experience to understand what the plant is telling you. . . good genetics is always a key ingredient.

amyways, hopefully they respond nicely.

see thas what im sayin man.. i wanted to really push it this time.. i dont see how you get em up that fast.. i mean 150 i thot was good for seedlings right? well its only been 10 days and ive changed it twice??.. i SHOULDA put it at like 250-300 the first time i changed but even from there id only be at like 600 now cuz that first change was like 5 days ago... bah idk.. ill learn.. like i said, ima get clones from these ones so i can have four at once, those ones ill really let loose

i grew once before that was actually worth considered "growing" and i went reallllly light on the feed schedule and it was sucha mediocre grow, i really wanna get vicious this time haha well see what happens.. thanks for the support wheelo u rock!

thanks, you can vot for me for member of the month lol. jk.

i think a gradual increase is the best approach anyways so your right on schedule. wait a week, and go up to like 700 and see how they do there.

i use AN nutes and the first week for clones should be 250ppm then 500ppm week 2 then 800ppm week 3. but it depends a bit on the nutes.

i must say that there are journals here that do amzing things with very low ppms.

im using simple an nutes. just sensigrow a and b right now.. next week def gonna go to 600 i think .. maybe get ballsy and go 650 - 7 haha

anywho.. i have a seedling gonna be sprouted soon.. this is gonna be hard to get it into that same bin aye?.. idk how ima do it yet.. maybe keep it seperate for a few days somehow... and THAT will be interesting b/c that will be a plant going thru the heavy feeding cuz it will b with plants ahead of it... so saweet.. hmm how to do this......

hey i believe you shoud have the rock wool covered to help prevent fungus/alge.

yeah my weakest nute water for cuttings is 250ppm. that like 3/4 strength from what the FF chart says.
im way stronger with the nutes in the hydro. then soil, but i think them soil ladies could handle more.

so are you waiting to flower to use the tent? also what light are you going to flower with?

wheel , i did but thats like with all those other nutes that i wasnt using so idk

weedy, yeah this is gonna be the veg room.. that tent will be just for flower, and ima buy a 400w hps for it... still havent got around to it but ive got time i think

you don't have to use all of those other things (although a couple of them , a few key ones, might really do wonders) but it gives you a week by week ppm scale to follow. you can just get the light feeding schedule, and follow the ppm strengths with just your base nutes. but i would go with light - light/medium, not more than that.

Wheel, thanks for the school lesson. I wasn't sure if you were agreeing with me or correcting me, that the growing cannabis under the sun was the best way to grow.

I myself have a 400watt EYE Super HPS Hortilux bulb, it says
HIGH PERFORMANCE LIGHT FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE GROWTH.
It also has a graph, Spectral Distribution shown against the Plant Sensitivity Curve.
Now if I only had a metal hallide for vegetation.
Spectral_distribution.jpg

Wavelenghts in nanometers.

I got this picture off of EYE Hortilux's site, and it did not have the Plant sensitivity curve.

In any regards, I can't wait to do an outdoor grow, the Sun's rays don't cost money. ;)

Odorous fantastic job. I do have one question for you or anyone else that answer this one.
I noticed that you covered the top with black tape of some sort. Now the proper reservoir temp is mid to high 60's I think 68 degrees being target res temp. Wouldn't the black tape aid in heating up your reservoir? I know my closet can get to 85 degrees and I'm assuming that the reservoir will heat up as well. Just curious. Thanks.

Musik \\\vVv///

ya kno it does a lil man, but i mainly did it to block the light out of the rez.. that tubs pretty thin plastic. i think once the light gets moved up some the tape wont take near as much heat as it is now... rez temps about 70-74 right now, good lookin out musik

i too did it to block light, but ive been keeping res temp between 67-75*.

next time i might not. i kinda want to wrap insulation around it, and a thin layer on top next. idk well see.

i just bought a 400w switchable Lumatek ballast, with a 400w Super HPS Hortilux EYE bulb, and an XTRASUN AC reflecter

ok quick update, i just took out the box under the res, that raised it up closer to the light B/C it made the bottom concave ------> which im pretty sure is why the air tube wouldnt stick to the bottom.. it kept rising up and floating at the bottom of the pots..

i decided after seeing the roots on one of them pretty reddish brown, that its probably more important to get good air supply than be super close to light, so yees, theyre like a good 6 inches away from light now but i think thatll be alright to get a lil height on em, theyre pretty short n squat right now so

yeah discolored roots is not a good sign. When i first started my DWC i was buying distilled water by the gallon at my local grocer. The roots were bright white. After a while I thought I'd save some money and use tap water that was dechlorinated, my tap water has a ppm of about 240-280. About a week after switching to tap water I noticed my roots turned yellow. Nobody seemed to think that was a problem or provided any possible causes.
I learned that oxygenating the water is really important. I started with a ten gallon tote, very similar to yours i picked up from Menards. At first I only had one 5inch air stone. I found that not to be enough so I had to add another airstone. Mine also started floating upwards, and I had to better anchor them to the bottom. Now I am using 5 gallon buckets because I was afraid of roots becoming entangled like i have seen in other journals.
Anyhow, sorry for the long post. I thought I read somewhere that the browning was algae buildup. My roots aren't bright white but yellow like the smileys. I think that is from the tap water I use.

Musik \\\vVv///

im becoming very a;sldgjhsl;agkhsa;dlkfj frustrated with the air stone, everytime i check it its floating..................................................

i use distilled btw

Back
Top Bottom