Super skunk lst 400w mh/hps

gotta ? about ppm

today my tap is 500 ppm the other day it was 330 ppm without filter it came strait from faucet

n the rez ppm is 1999 am i supose 2 subtract the 5oo

No.

The recommendation you will find crossweb is if your ppm from the tap is higher than 200ppm your water is unfit for hydroponic gardening. And a ppm of 2,000 is going to cause problems quickly. Keep it around 1100 to 1300 per your nutrient manufacturers schedule. Good call on the reservoir change.

went a head an did rez change

cleaned rez out completly
5 gallons water 80ml flora nova grow
30 ml h202
lowered ph 2 5.9
checked ppm for shits and giggles ppm1804

5 gallons of water - I would run 40 ml of flora nova grow. as to where you come up with 80ml for 5 gallons I have no idea. your ppm should be 1,000 or less. 900 sounds good. pH good maybe raise it .2 if they yellow at all. - sudden large fluctuations in pH will cause minor problems.

No.

The recommendation you will find crossweb is if your ppm from the tap is higher than 200ppm your water is unfit for hydroponic gardening. And a ppm of 2,000 is going to cause problems quickly. Keep it around 1100 to 1300 per your nutrient manufacturers schedule. Good call on the reservoir change.

5 gallons of water - I would run 40 ml of flora nova grow. as to where you come up with 80ml for 5 gallons I have no idea. your ppm should be 1,000 or less. 900 sounds good. pH good maybe raise it .2 if they yellow at all.

yah, you never want anywhere above a 1000 ppm nute solution with a plant that is 12" or shorter....

I dont know how your plants have survived the tap water and nute lock up

yeah guys iam my tap water varies on ppm iguees and i check the caluclator for MY plants at week 5 and they r at 80 ml roughly = 1100 ppm + my tap look at the pics theres no burn on any leaves

i have kept a journal each week i rez change and what i add when the rez is low from them drinking and eating

yeah guys iam my tap water varies on ppm iguees and i check the caluclator for MY plants at week 5 and they r at 80 ml roughly = 1100 ppm + my tap look at the pics theres no burn on any leaves

i have kept a journal each week i rez change and what i add when the rez is low from them drinking and eating

man your plants should habe 500 max ppm.. this is why 000ppm is so important, because instead of 500 of who knows what, you can add 500 ppm nutes to the 000ppm water and have 500 ppm of nutes... now your better of just adding the bare minimum of nutes... until you get that ppm down

No.

5 gallons of water - I would run 40 ml of flora nova grow. as to where you come up with 80ml for 5 gallons I have no idea. your ppm should be 1,000 or less. 900 sounds good. pH good maybe raise it .2 if they yellow at all. - sudden large fluctuations in pH will cause minor problems.

it says on the bottle of flora nova grow

1/2 tsp per gallon water =300 ppm .7 ec seedlings
1 tsp per gallon water =600 ppm 1.3 ec most plants during early growth
2 tsp per gallon water=1200ppm2.4 ec most plants during later growth
3tsp per gallon water=1750 3.5 ec max stregnth for rapidly growing plants

all measurments are approximate

I never said that well water was impossible to grow in. I was saying that him adding full strength nutes to well water (like his situation is, unfortunately,) is impossible to grow in ...

hes getting a filter now, so he is fine, and Social Smokers plants are getting better.. they must be a strong strain to survive all the those problems and being that young. I bet his plants will be in the March POTM contest..

Either Oldgrowerdude or PitViper is using well water and it's fine, it just depends on the well. There are some minerals that come naturally in wells that are good for your plants, maybe by not getting it to 0 with the filter he is using, he is still benefiting from those??:roorrip::nicethread:

I have only read to this point, but something I can tell you that you should do is get an Aquarium heater (submersible) and get those roots in a steady 68...your girls will love you. I heat 55 gallon drums with those heaters....$35, your will be less because you have less liquid. 10 degree changes in a day will affect growth and even cause your plant to herme...:peace:

yo mile high

i bought a small heater while back but it kept the water about 75 with out it its usually around 70
removed the aquarium heater
my tap water does have a high ppm
but i dont want 2 strip all the minerals out because they r benifcial thats y people have to buy cal mag and other additives :welcome:thanks for stopn mile high

I never said that well water was impossible to grow in. I was saying that him adding full strength nutes to well water (like his situation is, unfortunately,) is impossible to grow in ...

hes getting a filter now, so he is fine, and Social Smokers plants are getting better.. they must be a strong strain to survive all the those problems and being that young. I bet his plants will be in the March POTM contest..

im still wondering what problem thev had because there small that is y i posted the info on the strain its says this plants tight node spaceing during growth or veg stage will explode during flowering

Same link that was mentioned before for the RO water...$65 for their "portable" unit....perfect for you. :rollit:

0PPM Portable 100GPD Reverse Osmosis RO+DI Water Filter#PO-4B-10
[PO-4B-100] $65.00 P U R E W A T E R C L U B :ganjamon:

yeah bro i not really that serious about my grow yet if i buy that then ill proly have 2 buy cal mag and other additives make that 65 bucks 200 lol

but i thank u for reading the thread

my tap look at the pics theres no burn on any leaves

lies the bottom sets of leafs are scorched. cotyledons, gone. arrowheads, gone.

your plants aren't fine - how old are they and how big are they - they are brutally abused. They are doing better but they are weeks behind where they should be.

oh ya and not to rub it in but the bottle says 1750ppm and you set it to 2000ppm so you apparently cannot read a bottle very well.
I already answered your question about whether you include or ignore your taps ppm. answered that one the first time you asked it.
you include it in the overall. and you don't use water like yours.

10 gallons of water is what, a couple of dollars? so you spend $XXX getting your setup all together and your seeds and your nutrients and every time you change you waste a couple dollars and when you add too much you're wasting even more and then you spend money on the electricity so your plants can't grow when you could have bought some bottled water but forget that they are fine right?

heres those close ups of the super skunks i topped

topped_super_skunk2.jpg

ss_topped.jpg

do any of these leaves look burnt looks green 2 me

Hey SS, I heard a long time ago that nicotine and weed don't do good together. I don't know if this is an old wives tale or not but your left hand looks like it has nicotine stains. I can remember back when I smoked cigarettes and my fingers were stained, if I ran out of smokes all I had to do was to lick the stains and I would get a nicotine fix. Not trying to be derogatory or anything like being down on smokers because I still smoke cigars but cigars don't leave nicotine stains on my fingers.

Hey SS, I heard a long time ago that nicotine and weed don't do good together. I don't know if this is an old wives tale or not but your left hand looks like it has nicotine stains. I can remember back when I smoked cigarettes and my fingers were stained, if I ran out of smokes all I had to do was to lick the stains and I would get a nicotine fix. Not trying to be derogatory or anything like being down on smokers because I still smoke cigars but cigars don't leave nicotine stains on my fingers.

thanks for the tip :peace:

man for a weed this plant sure does require a lot

Back
Top Bottom