1st Grow Journal - 2nd Grow - 11 Super Skunk Clones with 2 X 400W in Coco

I think your going to have a jungle in there! Did you take any clones? At what ppm and PH do you feed? They look fantastic and am curious if you intentially drift PH a little? Do you feed every watering? Again.. Looking grand! How many grows under your belt? Tell me to shut up any time!

I think your going to have a jungle in there! Did you take any clones? At what ppm and PH do you feed? They look fantastic and am curious if you intentially drift PH a little? Do you feed every watering? Again.. Looking grand! How many grows under your belt? Tell me to shut up any time!

Hey Spitz! Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear they look good from other people. I actually enjoy answering your questions so it's all good!

I did take four clones (only 4 because the plants weren't that big and I already have the two plants that suffered dehydration that will be close to the size of the clones soon). The clones are having some slight trouble though, some leaves seem to suffer from dehydration although they're always kept in a (ghetto) humidity dome and I spray them as often as I can but about 4/5 times a day.

I try to keep my PH at 6 but it's not extremely precise because I use the liquid solution to determine PH (the little colored drops).
I don't have a ppm meter but I feed 1ml per liter of each nute (so 1ml biogrow, 1ml bioheaven, 1 ml topmax and 1ml biobloom which makes a total of 4ml of nutes per liter). I also lightly spray the flowering plants with PH'd water with a tiny tiny bit of nutes once or twice a day.

I do not intentionally drift PH. Why did you ask? Do they look like there's a problem with the PH? I actually do not know the advantages of drifting PH, could you explain what would be the pros and cons of such a practice and how it's done?

I feed them with every watering since I'm not going nuts on the nutes but I do flush them with PH'd water once every ten days or two weeks (depending on how lazy I feel haha).

And to answer your final question: I only have one grow under my belt... But I did have a friend who was growing copious amounts of marijuana, who I helped for a few weeks, two years ago, and from whom I've learned a little bit (he was growing in a warehouse with like 20 1000 watters and knew his shit). Otherwise all my knowledge comes from forums like 420.
I'm kind of a geek and once I get into something I usually research the fuck out of it before starting.

i asked about your history because you look like you "got your shit together". I only just started myself and have had some issues with soil. It's all visible in Spitz Tries His Hand At The Dr. & Some Fruit In Soil!. I tried a single coco plant and the results blew me away. It's been cut from stems and in paper bags for a few more days before weigh in but it's going to be stellar. I only asked about drifting PH because, although 5.8 seems the best target, hitting 5.6-6 on occasion would be beneficial (at least IMO). I'm not critiquing your grow as much as picking your brain. Soooo many different methods and I'm trying to understand yours.

Again... They look great!

Thanks! That's really encouraging :D
To tell you the truth I didn't buy a precise PH meter because I figured that at the end of the day, I'm growing weed which is a really resilient plant, so as long as the PH stays between 5.8 and 6.2 which is my margin of error it'll be fine.
Also I definitely would have got a better setup if my financial situation allowed me to but I'm just a young dude working in IT haha

Day 8 Flowering
I'm now starting to add a little bit more nutrients. About 6ml per liter (4X1.5ml for each different nute).

Here are the pics!
P1080950.jpg

P1080936.jpg

P10809091.jpg

P1080857.jpg

So we're on Day 14 of flowering! The buds are starting to show now :yahoo:
Otherwise I think the ladies are doing good, I've taken them out of the box to get some better pics for you guys.

P10809531.jpg

P1080957.jpg

P1080960.jpg

P10809612.jpg

P10809751.jpg

P10809811.jpg

Haha Spitz, since I didn't post in a while, today I was wondering if anyone was actually interested in this journal and I'm happy at least you are haha! I'll post an update tomorrow with some pics of the ladies. They're looking pretty good. I added Big Bud from AN to the mix (I know, I know, don't hate).

I get that feeling about mine everyday. Have even consider posting gibberish to see if anyone was paying attention. :rofl:

Resist..ing urge .... to make ... .... obvious joke here.

Dammit, I guess i did anyway.

:thanks:

Day 26 of Flowering

So I'm not watering as much as in the beginning, I realized they're better off if I water them once every two or three days. As I said before I've added Big Bud to the mix. I've taken two of the plants out of the tent for watering purposes (they go back in there as soon as I'm done watering them and taking pics ;)

Anyway, it feels good to see people are interested in my little grow op. Thanks again everyone!

Here are the pics!

P1090292.jpg

20151224_132525.jpg

20151224_134718.jpg

P1090286.jpg

P1090287.jpg

P1090337.jpg

P1090339.jpg

Wow! Awesome color in those! Are they done stretching? I really thought they would have outgrown the space. Looks like you might be about perfect. What did they show when watering every day? I had good luck watering every day to runoff (sometimes twice a day). Just curious as to what to keep an eye out for.

And sorry to ask, Could you verify what your feed schedule, strength, and PH you are feeding at? I can't get over the color on those!

Wow! Awesome color in those! Are they done stretching? I really thought they would have outgrown the space. Looks like you might be about perfect. What did they show when watering every day? I had good luck watering every day to runoff (sometimes twice a day). Just curious as to what to keep an eye out for.

And sorry to ask, Could you verify what your feed schedule, strength, and PH you are feeding at? I can't get over the color on those!

And I'm amazed at the frost

P1090337.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Spitz! They're pretty much done stretching yes.

When I was watering them everyday, the plants themselves didn't show any signs of over watering but I realized I had a bunch of springtails in the runoff. So I know most people say they're harmless but since their population seemed to grow I was afraid of getting some rotting problems if I continued my schedule. Besides, the plants don't seem to mind the new watering schedule as the coco still stays moist even two days after watering.

For my feed schedule, I always refer to the BioBizz chart and then tone it down a bit, I'd say I use 75-80% of what's recommended. So in the fourth week of flowering I'm putting around 2.5 ml/l of BioGrow, 1.5 ml/l of BioBloom, 3 ml/l of BioHeaven, 1 ml/l of TopMax and I started using Big Bud fron AN at 1ml/l and over the course of one week increased that to 2ml/l.
I use the colored drops to determine PH and use PH Down from GH to get the right PH (where I live water comes at around 8.0).
Once every two weeks, I flush them with PH'd water without any nutes.

The humidity level in the box is 44% and the temperature with the lights on is 25 degrees Celsius and 20 degrees Celsius at night.

Back
Top Bottom