DWC nute water change question

The Germinator

Lets say you have to five gallon buckets hydro setup and it's time to change the water? What do you do with the plant while your dumping the bucket? Keep an empty bucket to set it in temporarily? Any other ideas? Starting My first dwc grow this week. I am worried most about how to change water. Ty guys for your help

That's what I do mate I have 4 18ltr buckets and when changing I use a spare bucket to sit them in while I do what needs to be done this is my first attempt at dwc too

Sent from my D6503 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I am 3 weeks into veg on my first grow. It is DWC with 5g buckets; however I have not changed the rez yet. I believe in using good bacteria and enzymes to keep the water clean, that along with low water temps, seems to keep the water crystal clear. I only add DO water and nutes when needed. I do plan on changing the rez, but when I start flower; when I do change the water, I plan on using an empty bucket to put the plant in while I change the water/mix new nutes.

For my bacteria and enzymes I use:
-Flying Skull z7 2 part water treatment
-Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice

Wow ty guys. I ordered some z7. I will try and figure out journaling here and post progress.. ty again.. my dirt plants are looking great. Thinking bout 12/12 light soon. Trying to be patient .

Wow ty guys. I ordered some z7. I will try and figure out journaling here and post progress.. ty again.. my dirt plants are looking great. Thinking bout 12/12 light soon. Trying to be patient .

No problem! Good luck bud! Post a link to your journal here once you get it started and I'll follow along.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That's how I do it. I have so many 5 gal buckets they are in the way most of the time.:biglaugh:

I have run a reservoir without doing any water changes, but don't suggest it for newbies. Especially if you are going to go the route of monitoring and adjusting pH. In a 5 gal bucket you'll only use 4 gal or 15L. pH can be hard to get right sometimes in that small a volume. A large plant can drink a couple gallons of that every week and every time you add something to it...well, you get the idea. It can drive you mad.:)

You guys first timing dwc are welcome to stop by my journal. I've got a couple grows documented on it if you want to read back, or just jump in on the current grow, 33 days in. I'll be happy to answer any questions, or help where I can. DWC you either love it or hate it, I hope y'all love it in another 90 days. :Namaste:

I used to keep spare buckets to sit the plants in for rez change but my lady said i was starting to take up too much space. I bought a battery powered kerosene pump and just shift my net pot/bucket lid to the side enough to get the pump in and syphon the water out. It has saved me from having to worry about supporting the heavier branches when i pull the plants out. They live their whole lives inside the tent now.
Rifleman is correct, ph can be a bitch to manage in 5 gal buckets. Gotta stay on top of it. Check out his grows... Good stuff there.

I use the same pump Laz. My tap water is crap so I fill buckets with water to evap the chlorine etc. Sucks when you find a full one with your small toe in the middle of the night. :rofl: The curse of dwc plants too large to remove from the buckets. :kiss:

Lol yeah, hell of a curse.
Now instead of buckets everywhere in the bedroom i have crates of gallon jugs. Looks like im storing for armageddon. (at least thats what my better half says)
That transfer pump is one of the best $5 I've ever spent. Still gotta lug the buckets to dump em, but way better than trying to wrestle a 3ft tall 4 ft wide, resin covered monster out from between tent flaps.

See I was thinking about a res maybe on the next grow as my set up is in the loft carrying water up and down is hard work lol

Sent from my D6503 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom