DWC: take the jump?

TheRocket

Hey guys been doing a bit of reading regarding dwc.. more and read more I fancy it but res temps are an issue!
problem I’m facing is my water temps could get as high as 24oc (75f) which is a bit high for dwc. I was going to run a tea mixture to help combat the slime and root rot.

would I be pissing in the wind? Or is it worth giving it a go

thanks

Hell I think it is, although my res temps highest has been like 67 degrees. But I’m in Alaska and new to dwc loving it, made the switch October. Ph up ph down ph pen and tds/ec pen. Nutes. And light. Lst and super cropping. Bleeping amazing results. Once you get used to ph ing you’re solution, and nute strength. smooth sailing. The plant does the rest for you lol

Go for it, just use hydrogaurd or z7 which will help the roots in the warmer temps to help prevent root rot etc. :cool: Also water changes weekly.

Thanks lads, you’ve twisted my arm! Need to give this a go. Just going to start with a single 22l bucket or something and grow it along side my coco plants

Hey guys, I'm fixing to do my 1st DWC. Just 1 - 5 gal. bucket to see what it's like. So what is this about Res. Temp & how do you keep the nutrient solution that cool ?

a lot of people use a ‘tea’ to help with higher res temps. It helps so your able to run at higher temps. Other than that it’s a water chiller really.

JUMP! :roorrip:o_O
stock up on ph down tho you're gonna need it

Thanks lads, you’ve twisted my arm! Need to give this a go. Just going to start with a single 22l bucket or something and grow it along side my coco plants
That’s a big bucket to start off with, can use up less nutes and ph down starting in a smaller system then switching to bigger container as plant grows.

Hey guys, I'm fixing to do my 1st DWC. Just 1 - 5 gal. bucket to see what it's like. So what is this about Res. Temp & how do you keep the nutrient solution that cool ?
I’m not to sure myself read you can use aquarium coolers lol. Even dropping a few ice cubes into the res if you have to lol. (Actually I think it was ice cubes in res to stress it out for colder temperatures to force trichomes production in late flower) hmm I wonder if Alaska summer is going to get hot enough to eff with my temps lol. Oh well I will deal with it then. The couple ice cubes might be the first test I try to lower temps lol

Back
Top Bottom