Early harvest? How much potency do you lose?

greenjeans

I was curious about what and how much is lost if you harvest early?? Do you lose flavour, potency, longevity, etc.
The reason I ask is that with frost approaching, early harvest is one option and just for kicks I dried some of the lower branches that I cut off one plant that I was afraid had hermied or developing "Nanas" and when smoked gave a harsh but decent buzz. This was about 2 weeks ago so maybe 5,6 or 7 weeks early. The buds were laughable, real tiny.
So, just curious - how much is lost at this point - maybe 2 -3 weeks early??

Hiya greenjeans I think you're just gonna lose weight right? I got good and baked off my earliest stuff, clear trichs still seemed to do the job here lol! The bud would probably be somewhat less potent but no less than what you've already tried, so I don't expect you'd lose too much other than less weed. You got pics?

I think you're just gonna lose weight right?
Oh Darn, you meant the weed - I could lose about 75 lbs!! :thedoubletake: Pictured is Angie, she is the furthest along and the buds from the branches that I cut off the bottom had to be cut off just to see if the rest of the plant would be OK - it was just a lark, to dry it and try it, but got me thinking that worst case scenerio where would I be - I don't like to waste anything! If I have to vape twice as much or use more to make coconut oil - if it is a case of using it or losing it - I'd say use it. I'm hoping to get to the end but weather around here can be iffy this time of year. I have two others in a greenhouse, they should be fine.

angie cola.jpg

In terms of weight I wouldn't be surprised if you lost half.
Thanx Cann - Once again, I wish it was me!!! And I sort of agree about Clapton!!:thumb: The smoke isn't totally bad - I use a homemade water pipe so that helps and everything is much further along than this experiment. This question is based upon "Forewarned is forearmed"

Back
Top Bottom