Electric culture works: White Fly

tyedyedtoker

420 Member
I just started trying it this year and usually I have a massive problem with white fly I seen a couple of land on the plant and leave by go out and check plants every day never white fly jumps off I am so happy and so easy just a piece of wire also adding CO2 under my roots in my outdoor pots I just set up a couple bottles one with a cup and a half of sugar some yeast and distilled water and then a cleaning bottle after that so that any extra foam over or anything gets washed into the second bottle and doesn't plug everything up you can look on YouTube to find out how to do that but that works also I had my smallest plants get figured my biggest plant that was the only difference between the two so yes CO2 I just took the tubing through a hole into the bottom of the plant right under the roots he's pipe to open it up and then I leave it there and kind of cave in the rest of the round it might put a little steel wool at the end of it to keep it from clogging the two but it does help it leases slow doesn't last very long for as much as I make and per plant but I have seen the difference and it's cheap but then where my two biggest helps this year no bugs all that's so nice I've had so many problems here I hated to even grow here but every place else I had to grow was too far away for white flies and the ants bringing aphids I just had no luck at all finally I've got no bugs at all so yeah wish I would have started earlier this year people have fun but try that electric filter it's just a piece of copper wire round clockwise in a spiral and shove it in the dirt simple as that make sure it's copper though and try to do it now and then try to start next year you'll definitely see the difference in growing cuz I've got no bugs on my plants I do get flies landing on them and yellow jackets for landing on them too for some reason just this one plant is Teva which seems to have really breakable limbs I was trying to do chiropractic and a plus one limb got another passion have fun people

Stream of consciousness is much easier to follow when sentences are used and punctuated. You lost me by the end of the second line.
I would have to agree with the others I am sure what you tried to say was very interesting, but you lost me too.

My go to for all insects is a solution of neem oil and Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. The recipe is: 1 tbsp neem oil, 1 tbsp Bronner's, in 1/2 gal of pure water in the pump sprayer. Shake very well. I use this on plants in veg, or in early flower before buds start forming. For more killing power, you can add some drops of orange essential oil – I would say about 8-10 drops in 1/2 gal of the solution. For plants in later flower, omit neem from the recipe and use something like 12-15 drops of orange essential oil and 1/8 tsp -or- 1/2 tsp of Bronner's. Either of these recipes can be sprayed daily as needed. Don't add too much orange oil – it can burn the leaves.

My go to for all insects is a solution of neem oil and Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. The recipe is: 1 tbsp neem oil, 1 tbsp Bronner's, in 1/2 gal of pure water in the pump sprayer. Shake very well. I use this on plants in veg, or in early flower before buds start forming. For more killing power, you can add some drops of orange essential oil – I would say about 8-10 drops in 1/2 gal of the solution. For plants in later flower, omit neem from the recipe and use something like 12-15 drops of orange essential oil and 1/8 tsp -or- 1/2 tsp of Bronner's. Either of these recipes can be sprayed daily as needed. Don't add too much orange oil – it can burn the leaves.
But wouldn't you prefer not to use any chemicals and not have a bug problem start?

No, I'd rather take action when there's a problem and treat it at the location, which is sometimes just here and there on the plant. I don't have big problems with bugs. I've never had what I'd call a big infestation, even though I live in a warm tropical area that's full of bugs. Aphids stand out as something that I regularly treat for, but they just hang out at the tops of the branches. One or two treatments of my spray and they're pretty much gone for good. It seems there are different opportune times when specific insect species arrive on the plants. Different species seem to pretty much stick to a pattern of when in the plant's life they tend to attack, and where on the plant you'll usually find them.

I think overall plant health is a very important key to all of this, because the plant has its own self defenses against insects and pathogens. I grow outdoors in greenhouses here in Hawaii, and I have my own custom soil mix which is organic, vegan, and full of microbes. I use fresh worm compost from my own worm bins. The only animal-derived products I use are bat guano and seabird guano. I water only with rainwater. I use mycorrhiza in the root zone. I have also started adding beneficial bacteria, as well as trichoderma. Trichoderma is a beneficial fungus that inhabits the soil and the root zone, and can also inhabit the phyllosphere, which is the whole above-ground parts of the plant. In the root zone, trichoderma communicates with the plant and activates the plant's immune system. Many commercial products contain trichoderma. Two of them are Mykos microbial superpack and Recharge.

I am going off the forum for about a month, so I wish you happy growing! :ciao:

Really tough read, and maybe I didn't "get it", but why would you want to supply CO2 to the roots, they need O2, not CO2.
Stream of consciousness is much easier to follow when sentences are used and punctuated. You lost me by the end of the second line.

Really tough read, and maybe I didn't "get it", but why would you want to supply CO2 to the roots, they need O2, not CO2.
I had found a couple studies showing that co2 to the roots increased root mass and nutrient uptake. My first trial of it was to my two smallest plants and in a weeks time , they were taller than the plant that was the tallest. After I saw that I put CO2 to all of them. The cup to cup and a half sugar mix does not last long enough . I am going to use my six gallon brew jug with regular yeast not the fast acting and a grain mash. That way after fermentation I can distill it and use it for turning all the trim into some good oil and whats left of the alcohol and reclaim from oil production make into kahlua and Irish cream. here is a link to a very knowledgeable lady on utube a soil science expert.
IMG_20230619_131220034.jpg

Are you saying that the CO2 is what's keeping the bugs away? It can't be doing any good for the roots. Also, what's the wire doing?
I'm a bit skeptical, kinda reminds me of putting your razor blade under a pyramid to keep it sharp.
No I believe it is the electroculture doing that the co2 is taken up by the roots and can increase plant growth from my own experience , a soil scientist the CO2 uptake through the roots has the benefit of not having to open the stomata on the vegetation and losing moisture. (link below) A german study done on potatoes who did it with chemicals mixed into the soil to produce the CO2 and had tremendous vegetative growth, a doubling in size

used 12 volts dc from a solar powered charger, current dependant on sunlight strength on two plants and other three just the copper coils to which I added some crystals I had lying around what kind they are I do not know, just that crystals and frequencies go together and that is what the copper coils collect according to electroculture videos on u-tube. You can be skeptical about the electroculture and CO2 for roots, both very cheap to try. But ask yourself why would I waste my time posting this if I did not see results? Nothing in it for me but helping my fellow man or woman and I am a one finger typist due to stroke. I hate that the world is all about distrust these days. Discourages me from trying to help at all. My opinion on my results are they help.. May your life be long and happy.

sorry was in major rush. POsted without rereading and have to agree. Later posts are a little easier to read. My english teachers often commented on my dyslexia and told me slow down.

CO2 would not remain in the soil long in cloth pots, being heavier than air. Carbonated water does have a low pH. There has to be some resultant chemical reactions with the soil, perhaps dropping out some C and releasing O2.
Direct current is going to have an electrolytic effect, releasing Hydrogen and O2, and probably effecting nutrient exchange and chemistry. Difficult to establish all the reactions without a million dollar laboratory and a big stack of test equipment...

results say different. Only pennies to prove it one way or another and you do not have to try it on your pot plants you can try it on something of lessor value. I know I at least did some research after I thought of trying it to see if any had tried before me and their results. Found little research has been done. What I did find pushed me to experiment. So far I like it but results are not all in till I burn some after harvest. Other experiments of mine have improved on grain fermentation and colloidalal silver production and tincture making. All given freely to the public without monetary gain or even to recoup on expenses or time. Oh and very little appreciation. It really does seem that no good deed goes unpunished. But hey I like myself.

CO2 would not remain in the soil long in cloth pots, being heavier than air. Carbonated water does have a low pH. There has to be some resultant chemical reactions with the soil, perhaps dropping out some C and releasing O2.
Direct current is going to have an electrolytic effect, releasing Hydrogen and O2, and probably effecting nutrient exchange and chemistry. Difficult to establish all the reactions without a million dollar laboratory and a big stack of test equipment...
Bigger flowers grow where the horses go, what more do you need to know? My soil scientist does not know what all is in play either, but falls on the side of beneficial. also according to her there is a drop in the ph letting uptake of iron, copper, manganees and some others that uptake in lower ph that commercial soils with neutral ph get less of and since it does not leave a risidue except maybe some carbon the PH returns to previous level. Also heard onesay with a possible increase in ph. A little bounce in PH is supposed to be healthy as that is natures way done by heat, rain, decomposition.

Hmmm. Depending on electrode spacing, soil conductivity and wetness, at 12VDC the current is going to be pretty low. Probably in the nano to milliamp range, most likely a few hundred microamps at most. Still skeptical but it would be interesting to see what pulsed, higher amplitude current does. I have however also read of evidence that connecting your pots or hydro res to earth ground improves growth. Never tried it though. I live in an apartment and the landlord wouldn't take kindly to me hammering an 8 foot copper rod into the ground (or putting up an antenna mast).

results say different. Only pennies to prove it one way or another and you do not have to try it on your pot plants you can try it on something of lessor value. I know I at least did some research after I thought of trying it to see if any had tried before me and their results. Found little research has been done. What I did find pushed me to experiment. So far I like it but results are not all in till I burn some after harvest. Other experiments of mine have improved on grain fermentation and colloidalal silver production and tincture making. All given freely to the public without monetary gain or even to recoup on expenses or time. Oh and very little appreciation. It really does seem that no good deed goes unpunished. But hey I like myself.
I did finally find some CO2 root studies, and although in the early stages, it appears to help. The electroculture stuff, the jury is still out. Some studies say it helped, others did not. The problem being, the results are not reproduceable, ie., using the same parameters a different group of experimenters could not produce the same results.

Back
Top Bottom