Elune's Alien OG & Ogre Autoflowers in Coco

elunex

This is my second grow. I welcome any kinds of criticism or suggestions. I realize that I am still learning, and looking forward to doing so in the process of keeping this grow journal. This is my first experience with autoflowers.

Strain(s): Ogre & Alien OG (From GreenSmokeRoom)
Type of Seed: Feminized Autoflower
Pot Size/Type: 10L Fabric Pot each
Grow Medium: Coco Mix (Coco, Perlite & Vermiculite) from Freedom Farms
Lights: Bloomspect 300W Dual-Spec LED (Additional 1000W BESTVA Full Spectrum LED on route)
Grow Space: 140x140x200cm (4.5x4.5x6.5ft) grow tent inside of an unused room.
Ventilation: Open vent duct at top for inflow, small 6" fan acting as an exhaust.
Temperatures & Humidity: 18'C - 23'C (64'F - 73'C) with humidity between 50% and 60%.
Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Series (Bloom, Micro & Gro)
Light Cycle: 18/6

It's been 3 days since my sprouted seedlings were placed into their pots (maybe a bit prematurely?).

I've been feeding once every 2 days and providing tap water (PH 6 - 6.5) on the off days. My nutrient mix was very light, at half the recommended soil mix rate on the bottle) for seedlings. Though I have been reading that it is often worth just feeding with a lighter mix on off days and a stronger mix on feeding days.

Some general concepts growing Autos.

1) Give plenty of root room. a 10L (2.5 gallon) container won't do it. Use At least 12L (3 gallon), preferably around 20L (5 gallon) (Pardon the inaccurate conversion. I don't have time to find the gallon to Liter converter)

2) The container needs to be deep (like a trash receptacle) because when the taproot hits bottom, it will stop growing and switch to flower.

3) Do NOT let the young seedling hit bottom. Plant it right into it's final container immediately after it has 2 sets of true leaves. Autos grow so fast, you can actually see it happening, if you have a day to stare at them. I've done this and recorded it in my journal.

4) Bend it over and tie down instead of topping it, if you want to branch it out. Autos don't like to be topped, altho some people have luck with it. Autos are very different than photoperiods. They have one agenda, to go to flower, and don't tolerate a lot of "training". It slows them down and your yield will be less.

5) Water well, let dry out, water well, let dry out as you do other strains

6) feed nutes at least once a week, but not every day, unless it is VERY dilute (less than 1/4 recommended dosage). They grow rapidly and need the nourshment. I do not think you need to use a bloom formula. Just use a good, full-spectrum fertilizer for tomatoes.

7) take lots of pictures. It will amaze you just how fast they grow!

One week in and some worry about the upward turned leaves on the Alien OG. I think it may be a rooting issue relating to the watering process moving around the coco a bit much, as the plant did go a little lopsided when water landed on it.

Temperature remains around 18-22'C and humidity between 53 and 60%.

Plants are about 60cm from 300W LED.

Two weeks in and I'm dealing with a few issues I'd love advice on. The Alien OG started showing light marks on the leaves and curling up. I flushed with ph balanced RO water and it didn't help, still curling on the leaves.

Additionally the Ogre has some unusual little lumps on the one leaf. Any ideas?

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom