Exceptionally High FECO Yields

All 3 of my new northern are gonna get dry when their time comes. :)

Ahoy 420,
Duly Noted Memorandum of Agreement; Gently Enchanted Scientists
It is with great pleasure we announce the commission of @stoneotter to second in command fulfilling the title of XO.
Not sure what XO means, but he or she is second in command.
brostone... a tip of the stetson to ya!

Ahoy 420,
Duly Noted Memorandum of Agreement; Gently Enchanted Scientists
It is with great pleasure we announce the commission of @stoneotter to second in command fulfilling the title of XO.
Not sure what XO means, but he or she is second in command.
brostone... a tip of the stetson to ya!
I vow to command some or all of these dda's to go without poured water for extended periods to fulfill the promise of finding an overabundance of trichomes. (Said with left hand on Jorge Cervantes Cannabis Encyclopedia and right flashing a peace sign)

Took a spin over to see @farside05 seeking his counsel on the faux. Something I did not expect occurred, and has stuck in my mind since. The thread he produced on preparing his rendition of a proven growing medium contains a picture of three cultivars raised in this mix he concocts. Shed had mentioned some big ladies with auto genetics are around. Big?
29 + Oscars from three buckets in a tent. I should be embarrassed to put up any pics. Well done my friend.

I will be preparing two 20 gallon batches today following some of Sky's tips on the EWC amendment.
THINK BIG!

Took a spin over to see @farside05 seeking his counsel on the faux. Something I did not expect occurred, and has stuck in my mind since. The thread he produced on preparing his rendition of a proven growing medium contains a picture of three cultivars raised in this mix he concocts. Shed had mentioned some big ladies with auto genetics are around. Big?
29 + Oscars from three buckets in a tent. I should be embarrassed to put up any pics. Well done my friend.

I will be preparing two 20 gallon batches today following some of Sky's tips on the EWC amendment.
THINK BIG!

The use of EWC with Megacrop may or may not be a good thing. I want to emphasize that I'm using the Faux Mix to make soil whereas Farside uses his Faux Mix as a soilless mix to run Megacrop in. I'm not saying that using EWC will be bad, just pointing out that I'm using it to build a soil and am not using megacrop in it.

The use of EWC with Megacrop may or may not be a good thing. I want to emphasize that I'm using the Faux Mix to make soil whereas Farside uses his Faux Mix as a soilless mix to run Megacrop in. I'm not saying that using EWC will be bad, just pointing out that I'm using it to build a soil and am not using megacrop in it.

To expound on Sky...

I see no sense in amending it if you're gonna run fertilizer through it. A good fertilizer regiment will contain everything the plant needs. You'd just be spending money unnecessarily on the amendments.

Now if you're going the build your own soil route, you can use it as a base like one would use Pro Mix.

To expound on Sky...

I see no sense in amending it if you're gonna run fertilizer through it. A good fertilizer regiment will contain everything the plant needs. You'd just be spending money unnecessarily on the amendments.

Now if you're going the build your own soil route, you can use it as a base like one would use Pro Mix.
Thanks for the help with this. I don't think I have enough knowledge yet to build my own soil. Our friend @Emilya has published a wonderful repository of methods and practices I wish to emulate. However, I am a slow learner and have yet to begin earnest study of her ways.

In the mean time, I want my plants to look like what yours and other good growers produce. I was just downstairs in the garden administering a lecture to my plants. Slackers better take notice. Ship up or else.

I want two 20 gallon batches of your mix that will be fed MC, if that is how you grew the three Queens?
I have on hand 3 cft peat
1 bag lime 6 lbs?
I cft organic perlite shipped all the way from sheds neighborhood. wth, took forever but free shipping!
I have already put about 3 lbs EWC into my peat in a large box well mixed.

It could be the pleasant influence of some fresh cookie sampling that had me relaxed for a minute. Thoughts drifted to the garden in a tent @farside05 place. If that gardener had my available space downstairs at his disposal :)

It would be something beautiful, like the original garden.
Eden.

Thanks for the help with this. I don't think I have enough knowledge yet to build my own soil. Our friend @Emilya has published a wonderful repository of methods and practices I wish to emulate. However, I am a slow learner and have yet to begin earnest study of her ways.

In the mean time, I want my plants to look like what yours and other good growers produce. I was just downstairs in the garden administering a lecture to my plants. Slackers better take notice. Ship up or else.

I want two 20 gallon batches of your mix that will be fed MC, if that is how you grew the three Queens?
I have on hand 3 cft peat
1 bag lime 6 lbs?
I cft organic perlite shipped all the way from sheds neighborhood. wth, took forever but free shipping!
I have already put about 3 lbs EWC into my peat in a large box well mixed.

Yes the 3 mentioned were grown in Faux-Mix® with Mega Crop, Pro-Tekt, and Cal-Mag.

You might be a bit light on perlite. 1cf is 7.5 gallons. If you wanted something similar to Pro-Mix HP you'd need 10 gallons worth. If you use all your bag you'll come out with something more similar to Pro-Mix BX. The difference is how much perlite is in each mix. That said, I grew in BX for years since noone in my area carries HP.

Yes the 3 mentioned were grown in Faux-Mix® with Mega Crop, Pro-Tekt, and Cal-Mag.

You might get be a bit light on perlite. 1cf is 7.5 gallons. If you wanted something similar to Pro-Mix HP you'd need 10 gallons worth. If you use all your bag you'll come out with something more similar to Pro-Mix BX. The difference is how much perlite is in each mix. That said, I grew in BX for years since noone in my area carries HP.
i also have two bags of Vermiculite. could that help me or hurt me?

i also have two bags of Vermiculite. could that help me or hurt me?

My bad, BX has vermiculite in it also that HP does not have.

Ingredients
  • Canadian sphagnum peat moss (75-85%)
  • Perlite.
  • Vermiculite.
  • Limestone (pH adjuster)
  • Wetting agent.
So use your whole bag of perlite then 2.5 gallons of vermiculite and you'll have a good copy of Pro-Mix BX.

My bad, BX has vermiculite in it also that HP does not have.
Ingredients
I am jazzed. The Cal/Mag and Pro-Tekt have been ordered. :bongrip:

I am jazzed. The Cal/Mag and Pro-Tekt have been ordered. :bongrip:

What Cal Mag did you get? I use a powder from Amazon you add to a gallon of water. Makes the same thing as Botanicare's product at less cost. If you bought something else and can still change your order, you can save some cash.

Advanced Nutrients 6360-12 Sensi Cal Mag Xtra, 250 mL.250 Liter, Brown/A
$9.81 and free shipping. But I am thinking I will need more so any money that can be saved is cool.

So close to $10 for 250ml? So $150 a gallon? Is this USD or Rupes? I use Greenway Biotech's Cal Mag Plus. $22 USD makes a gallon.

So close to $10 for 250ml? So $150 a gallon? Is this USD or Rupes? I use Greenway Biotech's Cal Mag Plus. $22 USD makes a gallon.
I am now also. Thanks for the scoop. :love:

Ahoy 420,
We have just gotten a text from @survivorx2 that if he is feeling good enough he will road trip here to the shire. Lots of good will and hope that we get to see our bro again. We will be sure and pack his pockets with cookies. Im thinking he needs stronger meds as the cancer hurts he tells me like achy. Stage 4 metastasized hateful sh t, so I wonder what to recommend? @SweetSue ? Right now his only tool is smoking flower, not even rosin. Ideas welcome because I would love to help him big tomorrow if he can come.

Farside is right, don't buy anything wet because then you're paying for way over priced water plus shipping weight. IMO, the same argument applies to silicate too, Pro-Tekt is just water and potassium silicate. You can buy the silicate and add your own RO water or distilled.

Edit - I just compared the price of a pound of potassium silicate from CustomHydroNutrients to a quart of Pro-Tekt on Amazon and the pound costs $17, the QT of Pro-Tekt costs $18 on Amazon. For the math, to make concentrate, I start with a half gallon of RO and add 189.3 grams of salt. So 545 grams divided by 189.3 = 2.3 half gallon jugs of concentrate which is roughly 1.25 gallons of silicate concentrate for $17 before shipping.

Farside is right, don't buy anything wet because then you're paying for way over priced water plus shipping weight. IMO, the same argument applies to silicate too, Pro-Tekt is just water and potassium silicate. You can buy the silicate and add your own RO water or distilled.
Dad had an old saying "more than one way to skin a rabbit" and I can just hear him saying it aloud. Thanks Sky

Back
Top Bottom