Sounds a bit like hives, my wife gets them every few years for seemingly no reason, they usually last a few days then go. If Shingles I think the rash effects are normally only on one side of the body. Hopefully you can find something to relieve the itchiness and are feeling much better very soon.
Yes! Had shingles once, has to be 6 years or more now, but you're absolutely right-that was the definitive factor, it wasn't unilaterally sided. This is all over. I'm sure a round of prednisone will help to calm the immune system and get these hives gones...appreciate your care and concern very much Stunger!

Sounds like you didn't eat enough dirt when you were a kid
I think that's the problem ever thing is too disinfected today

Sounds like you didn't eat enough dirt when you were a kid
I think that's the problem ever thing is too disinfected today
I ate tons of dirt as a wee ling!

Ready for Christmas Day cut ! Made it 9 days on drought Merry Christmas to all
5EF37C2E-F5FE-45C4-9A45-F19301944837.jpeg
C1B25C68-B3A3-4776-A02C-5BEEBD879A39.jpeg
FADB979B-AF1D-4E28-A745-75A241B71502.jpeg
3BB7C9E5-4274-41AC-AD20-46D354B8C12F.jpeg
:passitleft:

Ready for Christmas Day cut ! Made it 9 days on drought Merry Christmas to all
5EF37C2E-F5FE-45C4-9A45-F19301944837.jpeg
C1B25C68-B3A3-4776-A02C-5BEEBD879A39.jpeg
FADB979B-AF1D-4E28-A745-75A241B71502.jpeg
3BB7C9E5-4274-41AC-AD20-46D354B8C12F.jpeg
:passitleft:
Love it Burk! Always such fantastic buds from you my friend. Happiest Holidays to you and yours brother!

FYI guys just got back from the doc, 2 scripts should do me. She told me she thinks it's a stress response...me? Stressed?

But some steroids and a strong antihistamine and I should be good in 10 days or less!

Thanks for all you guys do for this droughting thread!

I'll be back with some scope shots of our now drying, post 8 Day droughted Blueberry Autoflower when I have some free time. Busy day today and wrapping tonight after dinner up north so I doubt I'll be able to get to it. Want to make them count!

Here's some bud shots of a cured Super Silver Crack bud I smoked this morning. She was droughted for 7 days but it wasn't documented as I didn't have the time unfortunately when I pulled them from the tent

Happy Droughting!

Love it Burk! Always such fantastic buds from you my friend. Happiest Holidays to you and yours brother!

FYI guys just got back from the doc, 2 scripts should do me. She told me she thinks it's a stress response...me? Stressed?

But some steroids and a strong antihistamine and I should be good in 10 days or less!

Thanks for all you guys do for this droughting thread!

I'll be back with some scope shots of our now drying, post 8 Day droughted Blueberry Autoflower when I have some free time. Busy day today and wrapping tonight after dinner up north so I doubt I'll be able to get to it. Want to make them count!

Here's some bud shots of a cured Super Silver Crack bud I smoked this morning. She was droughted for 7 days but it wasn't documented as I didn't have the time unfortunately when I pulled them from the tent

Happy Droughting!
Merry Christmas Krissi and family, I hope Santa brought you n yours everything you wanted 🎄. CL🍀

All right Krissi and the crew, I need your help. I’m going to shout for @bluter too

what’s the protocol for droughting in hempy?

Had considered drilling out bottom of hempy container and then doing nested stacking with another identical container, giving quick daily bath in plain ph adjusted water then letting her container drain until it’s dry.

Or am I better off to drill out bottom of container and do minimal daily spray like 4 ounces of water and then let her dry out

In my noggin it would still be droughting, enough to stress the crap out of her by being dry most of the day but just enough moisture to keep her alive

So will I need to dunk or spray a small dose of water on her more than once per day??

all opinions appreciated - asking for a friend ;)

decided to skip drilling out bottom of her container, I’ve got enough bastardized containers already.

just tipped her hempy res to steep angle to pee while I held pumice and perlite media so it wouldn’t fall out. I’ve also shoved small air hose down into bottom of res and have tilted the container to make the water pool at one end while drawing remaining res liquid out with a syringe.

keeping a bamboo skewer probed down into bottom of container so I can monitor drought conditions

decided to skip drilling out bottom of her container, I’ve got enough bastardized containers already.

just tipped her hempy res to steep angle to pee while I held pumice and perlite media so it wouldn’t fall out. I’ve also shoved small air hose down into bottom of res and have tilted the container to make the water pool at one end while drawing remaining res liquid out with a syringe.

keeping a bamboo skewer probed down into bottom of container so I can monitor drought conditions
Nice 013! Have you droughted one yet?

Hey Stone!

yes my last drought was an Amnesia Haze in soil but this is my first try at drought in hempy.

drained her bucket and her top pistils went from spiked up to curled down on day 2, but the bamboo skewers indicate there is still moisture present. This hempy bucket is combo of perlite & pumice

Hi SC!

*Note: This stress technique is a controlled droughting experiment done for up to 11 days around the 7th week of flower; the length of droughting time is determined only by the LWA (Leaf Wilt Angle) and not the total #of days*

Find a couple reference leaves, preferably from the mid to bottom of her. Measure the angle of the leaf from the petiole to the tip of the leaf.

During the drought monitor the angle of those leaves, once the angle of the leaf has reached a point of turgidness that is 50% below its starting number, the plant has had enough.

I do want to note that after droughting for so many plants, there are many factors to consider. This particular method was one experiment.

What I have seen over time is some plants don't wilt. Some get yellow, some do not. Some get brittle. Some nugs get dry before you see any effect in the leaves.

All strain and plant specific. Never seen the exact same response from any two.

I've never lasted the 11 days. I think my max was 8 with my original droughter, an Amnesia photoperiod in a 5gl water reserve pot. I'd say I average 5-6 days in a drought for my girls in the mediums they are in.

I'm maybe too confident in what I'm doing now, but I don't measure. I grow the same way, just feel what they need really.

I know that's not a teachable thing so I try to present this technique with its intended utilization as much as possible although I have kind of went astray from the original norm I began this thread from.

Be happy to have you join us @SCD and as always @AutoNautPsychoFlower, your enthusiasm, eagerness and excitement is just what we need to help everyone get the most out of their plants! Thank you so much for the ra-ra-shish-koom-ba :cheer:
Hey Krissi... I finally found my way down the rabbit hole. I thought you were droughting photos, I didn't realize you had been doing autos too. Fascinating stuff. I look forward to reading through.

good to hear you have it under control as you always do !! :p
To everyone starting with Burk, sorry I am so late to responding and being here! I've been trying to balance a lot of health issues in my life and it's taken a toll on me emotionally. That has kept me from being able to manage all that I usually like to manage but it's an act if self preservation not because I don't want to be here or have lost interest in any way in what we are doing.

For those of you who don't follow my journals, I came out and told everyone that long story short, I'm working with an oncologist right now to figure out a plan of action for me based off off my current and past clinical symptoms as well as some past and recent bloodwork.

I am trying to get in thr swing of things so ill be popping up as much as I can.

Burk, youre awesome, thank you!
Steroids for Christmas...a new tradition?
Oh my liver hopes not!
Merry Christmas Krissi, TK, Baby K, and all the droughters here!
ChristmasAK.jpg
Merry Christmas Shed! Hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday and a great start to the New Year!
Merry Christmas Krissi and family, I hope Santa brought you n yours everything you wanted 🎄. CL🍀
we have talked plenty since, but Merry Belated Irish robe ruddy
Happiest New Year @OldMedUser. Hope all is well! How has everything been going?
Ugh hempy...not my bag. We have wanted an experimentee in this medium though, it is apparently you! Just keeping up with the Helpful Henry attitude I have always known you to have.
This is an interesting set up. Coming from the botanist, I would assume no less ingenuity.
That's a super smart idea. My overall thoughts are what we have all talked about here whenever hempy was brought up, that maybe a quasi-drought approach would work or be able to mimic the response seen in soil. I think your idea of keeping it moist enough with the spritzing is great. I'm sorry I didn't see this until now, what is going on? What have you noticed? How many days in are you or did you not trial yet?
Hey Stone!

yes my last drought was an Amnesia Haze in soil but this is my first try at drought in hempy.
I thought you had droughted prior
drained her bucket and her top pistils went from spiked up to curled down on day 2, but the bamboo skewers indicate there is still moisture present. This hempy bucket is combo of perlite & pumice
is this in reference to the current hempy?
Hey Krissi... I finally found my way down the rabbit hole. I thought you were droughting photos, I didn't realize you had been doing autos too. Fascinating stuff. I look forward to reading through.
Well Aloha Carmen! So nice to see you and I'm super stoked you found it over here. I haven't had many posts on my droughting as of late as aforementioned, but there sure is plenty here for you to start with.

I have hopes to document one of my remaining 3, just don't like to half ass anything and it takes effort and time to document it all well.

Either way, I'm glad you are here and I hope you can have as much fun learning as we do when we are come over to this thread!

To everyone starting with Burk, sorry I am so late to responding and being here! I've been trying to balance a lot of health issues in my life and it's taken a toll on me emotionally. That has kept me from being able to manage all that I usually like to manage but it's an act if self preservation not because I don't want to be here or have lost interest in any way in what we are doing.

For those of you who don't follow my journals, I came out and told everyone that long story short, I'm working with an oncologist right now to figure out a plan of action for me based off off my current and past clinical symptoms as well as some past and recent bloodwork.

I am trying to get in thr swing of things so ill be popping up as much as I can.

Burk, youre awesome, thank you!

Oh my liver hopes not!

Merry Christmas Shed! Hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday and a great start to the New Year!

we have talked plenty since, but Merry Belated Irish robe ruddy

Happiest New Year @OldMedUser. Hope all is well! How has everything been going?

Ugh hempy...not my bag. We have wanted an experimentee in this medium though, it is apparently you! Just keeping up with the Helpful Henry attitude I have always known you to have.

This is an interesting set up. Coming from the botanist, I would assume no less ingenuity.

That's a super smart idea. My overall thoughts are what we have all talked about here whenever hempy was brought up, that maybe a quasi-drought approach would work or be able to mimic the response seen in soil. I think your idea of keeping it moist enough with the spritzing is great. I'm sorry I didn't see this until now, what is going on? What have you noticed? How many days in are you or did you not trial yet?

I thought you had droughted prior

is this in reference to the current hempy?

Well Aloha Carmen! So nice to see you and I'm super stoked you found it over here. I haven't had many posts on my droughting as of late as aforementioned, but there sure is plenty here for you to start with.

I have hopes to document one of my remaining 3, just don't like to half ass anything and it takes effort and time to document it all well.

Either way, I'm glad you are here and I hope you can have as much fun learning as we do when we are come over to this thread!
Krissi thank you for the welcome. Shed said it right, the best team in Jersey. Take it easy and get strong. You've been missed.

Back
Top Bottom