Krissi hasn't been here in a while so you might be stuck with the rest of us. :)
Oh shoot, my bad I honestly didn't know that. :sorry: I kinda just got back around here on this fine site a little bit ago. I took about a 7-8 months hiatus myself.

And that makes sense, it's a budding cannabis plant either way. So just treat them the same as a photo period in flower? That was a question btw:hmmmm::bong:

This go around I am droughting three black sugars and two Northern light autos

20240225_204418.jpg

20240225_204248.jpg

20240225_204321.jpg

20240225_204311.jpg

20240225_204228.jpg

20240225_204232.jpg

Ok I kinda like this thread! :thumb: But what's the general consensus on Droughting an Autoflower though?
A plant in flower is a plant in flower and you can drought the autoflower in the same way that you would drought a photoperiod plant :)

A plant in flower is a plant in flower and you can drought the autoflower in the same way that you would drought a photoperiod plant :)
Thank You @Carmen Ray for A straight up honest reply. I Know that Shed kinda told me the same. But a few different opinions never hurts.

And thanks as well there @InTheShed for your awesome advice also:)! That's why I love this Fine @420 Site!! :peace:

Hello everyone and thank you for your work, a very useful technique! But I have more than half of the plants after 8-10 days of the process, stigmas (pistils) began to grow again, and bananas even began to grow on one (
This is the first time I've encountered this!
Who faced?

photo_2023-04-29_22-21-21.jpg

photo_2023-04-29_22-21-15.jpg
Better late than never. So sorry to see this, it can happen however. Imo, this plant's development looks like I would have waited another week or 2 before droughting, she seems a little less than ready to go. Possibly that was the cause. Note that even though a bank says a strain should take x amount of time, the overall look of the plant can tell you where she is in terms of development and if she's ready for a drought. This particular plant may have been at Week 7 but was looking more like she had some extra time left to her. I generally hold out until those hairs are a little shorter and the buds a little more densely woven together. I hope this doesn't stop you from trying a second attempt and thank you so much for sharing and I am so sorry I've been gone and just getting here now-its been 5 months
this Banana Punch went 11 days and probably could have gone longer. There wasn't a leaf drooping yet.
I watered today 1 gallon top and 1 in the bottom.

HH! Thank you thank you for sharing another one of your always glistening trichome covered plants and for tossing one of for the home team and sharing your drought with us here. You are always welcome and appreciated!!
1.jpg

Category 5 - Day 53 of flower - 5 days after drought.
Braddah...what?! She's a beauty. Love those trichs and those colors-i bet yours and HH's smokes were sensational
Good evening everyone I did not get to harvest due to an unforeseen hurt hand! So with that said I don't know if anyone's ever tried it before but I will attempt it , here we go we're at day two of second drought of the same plants! I will just keep on droughting them to my hand gets good enough to chop! Maybe about six more days. Enjoy...

20230909_212903.jpg

20230909_212815.jpg

20230909_212758.jpg

20230909_212731.jpg

Screenshot_20230909_213719_Gallery.jpg
Marc, thanks so much for always putting your shining droughting stars in this feed and helping keep it alive with your documentation. You seem to really have gotten a hold on this whole process and I wanted to also thank you for sharing your knowledge with those who have yet to drought or are newly found droughters.
There's a Bit of a difference between Photoperiod and Auto. Photos don't have Any ruderalis in it at all. Autos are at least half Ruderalis? Anyways was just wondering if anyone tried droughting an Auto flower.

Maybe the Author of the thread @Krissi Carbone could help wi the question? Why didn't I think of that earlier? :hmmmm:
I'm baaaaaack!! Are you still with us Zeph?! Would love to see more droughting beauties as the plants you grow are always beauties to begin with.

@Azimuth @InTheShed @Carmen Ray @Absorber @StoneOtter thank you so much for also keeping this journal active and providing feedback and thoughts and conversation and just making sure the light never went out here in my absences.

@Maritimer as always, a big thank you to my guru and our controlled drought founder. Your work has helped so many grow and develop better medicine.

Better late than never. So sorry to see this, it can happen however. Imo, this plant's development looks like I would have waited another week or 2 before droughting, she seems a little less than ready to go. Possibly that was the cause. Note that even though a bank says a strain should take x amount of time, the overall look of the plant can tell you where she is in terms of development and if she's ready for a drought. This particular plant may have been at Week 7 but was looking more like she had some extra time left to her. I generally hold out until those hairs are a little shorter and the buds a little more densely woven together. I hope this doesn't stop you from trying a second attempt and thank you so much for sharing and I am so sorry I've been gone and just getting here now-its been 5 months

HH! Thank you thank you for sharing another one of your always glistening trichome covered plants and for tossing one of for the home team and sharing your drought with us here. You are always welcome and appreciated!!

Braddah...what?! She's a beauty. Love those trichs and those colors-i bet yours and HH's smokes were sensational

Marc, thanks so much for always putting your shining droughting stars in this feed and helping keep it alive with your documentation. You seem to really have gotten a hold on this whole process and I wanted to also thank you for sharing your knowledge with those who have yet to drought or are newly found droughters.

I'm baaaaaack!! Are you still with us Zeph?! Would love to see more droughting beauties as the plants you grow are always beauties to begin with.

@Azimuth @InTheShed @Carmen Ray @Absorber @StoneOtter thank you so much for also keeping this journal active and providing feedback and thoughts and conversation and just making sure the light never went out here in my absences.

@Maritimer as always, a big thank you to my guru and our controlled drought founder. Your work has helped so many grow and develop better medicine.
:ciao: Hi @Krissi Carbone It's Great to see Ya back around! I kinda took a few months break myself from here @420. But I am back again and this time I broke into my Auto flower Stash in my mini seed vault. I gotta use up these old Fastbuds Auto's, So I can go buy some more, Ya know ;). So I am really looking forward to droughting these 4 Autos I have going Once they get older of course. Just trying to plan ahead. So If you have any tips or pointer's for droughting an Auto Flower than I all ears here Krissi :)

Here's a few Fastbuds I plan on droughting in maybe 4-5 more weeks for the bigger 2??:hmmmm: The top 2 are a Fastbuds Sour Diesel & Wedding Cheesecake at Day 25 from sprout, they look a little Wonky cause I did some more LST and Tucking last night and they still springing back up. And my lil Rhino Rhino just hit day 12 from sprout today. The Northern Lights was just sowed 2 days ago and still yet to pop. Do Ya think these would be good candidates for A droughting session and if so my main question is When to or what week should I start a drought on an Auto Flower?

IMG_20240314_092313.jpg
IMG_20240314_092417.jpg

Good to have you back, too @Zephyrs!! I'm ironically running 2 autos now also with my 3 photos-generally only do 1 auto at a time so we qill both have autos to drought!

I do them basically the exact same way brother- based off of the flowering window. Autos tend to use more water so I see them dry out a touch quicker than photos.

I drought normally at Week 7 or 8 but then usually fertigate and pull them to dry and trim soon after (like 1-3 days after) since they finish up a little quicker, they usually don't need that additional week or 2 we usually see when droughting photos-especially a long flowering sativa variety.

And pot size but I think you keep yours in big pots like me right? Are they 5s or 3 gls? If they're 3 gl, obviously they will dry out sooner.

Back
Top Bottom