Ezra's First Stealth Grow

Ezra

This is my first time growing, I have put allot of time and research into this and I really have enjoyed it, but I think the fun is only beginning.

Growing Progress: I have just finished germinating the seed and planted it.

Strain: Northern Light - Royal Queen Seeds
Nutrients: Biobizz Bio-Grow/Bio-Bloom
Soil: Terra Professional Plus
Lights: 2x Ecozone Full Spectrum 25w equivalent to 100w
Pot Size: Not quite sure to be honest, theres no markings on it.

This is the Inside: (Its hard two see but there are two bulbs beside each other)
IMG_070327.JPG

And here is the outside: (I have told my housemates it's a server, hence no monitor keyboard etc.)
IMG_070435.JPG

Question:
As I have such limited space I am going to be growing sea of green 12/12.
When do I need to start using light? Also how often should I be watering it?

Any other tips or advice would be much appreciated!

Very cool! You'll need to keep the light at 18-6 for at least a month, better 6 weeks...Then cut it back to 12-12....You won't get much but you'll get enough.....That "Server" is gonna get pretty stinky in a couple months lol! Water often!

Biggest mistakes that new growers make is Over watering, Oevr fertilizing, and Over thinking. Do not water often, water when it needs to be watered. Most growers just use the lift method. Water when the pot feels light. Depending on how your medium drains and retains water, that could be every other day or every 5 days.

I would turn the lights on as soon as you see the seedling break the soil surface. You can either use 24/0 or 18/6 lighting, and then switch to 12/12 when you start flowering.

I like your set up a lot. Do you have a closed picture with the lights on? Does it leak much light?

Biggest mistakes that new growers make is Over watering, Oevr fertilizing, and Over thinking. Do not water often, water when it needs to be watered. Most growers just use the lift method. Water when the pot feels light. Depending on how your medium drains and retains water, that could be every other day or every 5 days.

I would turn the lights on as soon as you see the seedling break the soil surface. You can either use 24/0 or 18/6 lighting, and then switch to 12/12 when you start flowering.

I like your set up a lot. Do you have a closed picture with the lights on? Does it leak much light?

Thank you!

You can see light on the wall beside it from the extract fan but ill be putting a black carbon filter over it which should hide the light (and the smell.. fingers crossed). Other than that I think its pretty discrete.
IMG_070725.JPG

I forgot to put in the main post but the dimensions of the case are, Depth: 41cm, Height: 44cm and Width: 19cm. For anyone who may have been curious.

-Another question: One the seed rises, what distance should I keep it from the light?

Hi guys, just a quick update it's been about 72hrs since I planted the seed (Friday evening gmt) and there's no sign of the shoot emerging should I be worried? I feel like I mightn't have been gentle enough transferring the seed to the pot

I can finally see the shoot! This is actually really exciting! I think I might have a career in biochemistry (jk) :)
:high-five:

Im going put the lights into the timer and start an 18/6 cycle tonight, ill also start it on nutrients tomorrow.

IMG_071126.jpg

dont start feeding your plants any nutrients!!!! Your seedling contains all the essential micro and macro nutrients needed to sustain itself for a couple weeks. Once you see your first set of true leaves coming in (serrated leaves with more than one leaf), then it would be a safe time to feed your plants a diluted nutrient solution, but you could wait a bit longer too. i would suggest 1/8 the suggested amounts your nutrients call for.

Is your seed feminized? With how short your growing space is, i would veg your seedling for maybe 3 weeks max before switching the light schedule to 12/12. If you have a bedroom to put that PC box in, i would also suggest that, if your roommates aren't down with someone growing in the house, cause the light and smell will get someones curiosity raging.

I don't think you should use any nutrients till 2-4 weeks after seedling have sprouted nutrients will hurt the seedlings. When you do start feeding use quarter strength if you see yellowing use more.

dont start feeding your plants any nutrients!!!! Your seedling contains all the essential micro and macro nutrients needed to sustain itself for a couple weeks. Once you see your first set of true leaves coming in (serrated leaves with more than one leaf), then it would be a safe time to feed your plants a diluted nutrient solution, but you could wait a bit longer too. i would suggest 1/8 the suggested amounts your nutrients call for.

Is your seed feminized? With how short your growing space is, i would veg your seedling for maybe 3 weeks max before switching the light schedule to 12/12. If you have a bedroom to put that PC box in, i would also suggest that, if your roommates aren't down with someone growing in the house, cause the light and smell will get someones curiosity raging.

I bought it feminised. Ok cheers, ill just keep her on the water for the moment. Im keeping it in my room and Im confident that they wont find out. :)

Day 5 since the shoot emerged, it seems to be growing nicely. The leaves have a healthy green colour with no yellowing and they look strong with no signs of wilting.
I feel like I need to name it....

IMG_072432.jpg
IMG_072729.jpg
IMG_073127.jpg

Back
Top Bottom