Famous question - What is wrong with my plant?

I like to put a 1 gal pot inside a slightly larger pot that holds water (or line a pot with a plastic bag so it doesn't leak). Water from the top down and from the bottom up until saturated. Let it sit a few minutes. Now pull the pot out. Tip it to the side so water runs out. Tip it the opposite direction. Get the runoff out and let it suck some air down into the soil. Once completely drained, you are good to go until next time. I don't use saucers, but they would be OK as long as there is no standing water.
Ya ill have to play with and develop my own little style. How long do you go before watering? A week or two?

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420

So you don't want them on the floor to begin with. So I like to have 2x4's running along the bottom of the tent. Then I have a drain hole in the saucer I can plug. Let it soak then pull the plug and have another one underneath. All of that because I SCROG and can't move them much. And I am an engineer so I over do things like have monster sized pots so my roots can grow forever throughout the grow. Also helps for if I fuck it up and have a root problems...there is always room for more. So some of my bigger plants I just can't be moved. I over build out of sheer habit. Makes it so when I fuck up I can recover faster, easier and when I don't the plants just think they are outdoors and can go on forever.

Makes a flush difficult though so I am not allowed to make mistakes anymore.

I usually start with solo cups, so pretty different. Still, at least a week after the seed is above ground.

I go back and forth solo cups and peat plugs. Just whateves. Using fresh seeds, sprouting is like falling off a log. My soil blend allows for me to just straight sprout in the final pot and they come right up and out fine. But I have been using the solo cups a lot lately too.

Hey guys, just wanted to show @Major PITA & @VillageIdiot the progress of the plant thus far. Took your guys advice, moved the CFL's higher up to avoid burning them. So no more "tacos" lol. And i havnt watered them since we talked last and thus yellowing has greatly reduced. Obviosuly the leafs that got hit with the yellow the hardest are still a tad yellow and probably will stay like that. Still no signs from dehydration from what I can tell but im checking 2-3 times a day for it to maybe start wilting or showing any signs of needing to add water. When it shows ill fully saturate and let it run off and repeat the process. That aside how do they look?

20151223_095034.jpg
20151223_095003.jpg
20151223_094952.jpg

Oh ya, why the hell is that one leaf going a crazy direction? It like half way through kicks 90° to the right? So dang random.

Looking good.

The leaf things is the one side is growing faster than the other. That can happen for a few reasons but is nothing to be worried about. It could be as simple as there was some minute physical damage there that had to heal while the other side kept growing. It could also be the sign of a micro nut deficiency but those will come right back once you have a good watering program. So nothing to worry about.

Good job. See how much happier she is now? They also grow much faster when they are watered less. you will notice this more in the middle stages of veg where there is a decent root ball. With a good sized root ball and popper soil humidity the plants can grow outrageously fast.

You done good! Keep it up. :goodjob:

It has been 10 days since I last gave my plants anything (toddlers 1 gallon pots). I can see a couple of them are just beginning to get thirsty. I reckon mine will get drenched in the next day or two. On the other hand, I have a couple of mother plants in 1 gallon pots that need water every two days.

You done good! Keep it up. :goodjob:

It has been 10 days since I last gave my plants anything (toddlers 1 gallon pots). I can see a couple of them are just beginning to get thirsty. I reckon mine will get drenched in the next day or two. On the other hand, I have a couple of mother plants in 1 gallon pots that need water every two days.
Ya i see that, its been 7 days since my last watering and the soil is definitely dry but hasnt affected the plant yet. So im waiting for signs and like you will probably be waterin in the next couple days. But thanks for the advice guys!!! Its been a awesome experience thus far!!!

Back
Top Bottom