Fan leaves are just dying of fast

Bulldoggin33

I have grown for 3 years now and have never had this problem.

starts with the fans looking like they have a N DEF. I try to correct it and then bam here comes the pk looking def. then about week 4 in flower it's an all out combat to try and keep them alive.

If I go by the feeding chart it is just too much for them so I cut back and do half strength.

My water is in a 32 gal container with an aireator and heat from a 250 watt fish tank heater.
I grow in soil, haven't changed the brand or mix anything into it.
Cool/fresh air intake, 2 1000 watt lamps with cool star hoods running straight out of the room into the carbon filter.
Temps at lights out are steady around 65-66 degrees and 72-73 when lights on.

I use Fox farm grow big in veg, VooDoo juice to kick um off, then BC big bud 2-4 of flower, Over drive 6-7.
I have grown a couple of strains mixing the same nutes and had good results, now all the sudden even the same strains are reacting as described. WTF. I'm losing my mind and I don't want to go out and buy a whole new line of nutes.

At first it looked like a MAG DEF so I go buy Cal-Mag. Introduced that and no change.

Currently I have Purple Haze and Blue Mystic in FL, Purps just were introduced so they have not been subject to my little mix yet. If all else fails I'm going back to the basics when I began~Roots Organics, never had problems then. Just over the years I put this mix together that was working awesome.

Any advice helps folks and thank you. I'm stumped

What soil.. ocean forest?

Use Happy Frog soil.

If you are going to use foxfarm products use in AT LEAST 1/2 the dose. Grow big and ocean forest will overload the plants with N on the front end causing nutrient lock outs on the back end.

What soil.. ocean forest?

Use Happy Frog soil.

If you are going to use foxfarm products use in AT LEAST 1/2 the dose. Grow big and ocean forest will overload the plants with N on the front end causing nutrient lock outs on the back end.

I use Promix w/Mycorise. I actually tried happy frog back a couple years ago and totally fried some good babes. So I've just stayed away and mixed till I found what worked best...

You know how you have those thoughts in your head about something you need to do yet instead go through other motions to figure out the solution. I've been doing that and it smaked me in the face today when I finally went to the grow store and bought a PH tester. Yep blue as can be so thankfully I stil have some ph down by Gen Hydroponics and it did the job fast got it down to the nice piss yellow.

Total idiot I know. What's one of the first general rules of thumb...check your water.
Let's hope this will solve my problem now that nute's can now eat up with no problem.

New house all new everything, figured I was good. Well people I was wrong. Check your PH levels.

And thank you Buck.
Wish was G.Washington set out for this country to be could still be and his words still held meaning to more than just a few.

Better to die a free man than a slave.

Hey buddy, what youre describing sounds like a prob I had couple grows ago and may be going thru the same now..
Her leaves kind of showed a Potass def, at first, then as you said was almost like a mix of cal mag and Potass?? I tried to adjust it a few ways but had no luck the leaves just kept on yellowing and showing these symptoms til harvest. Most bud leaves were minimally affected but did still have slight spots.. I also grow in soil, I thought maybe a PH thing, Butt unless my meters stuffed Im sitting on 6.8.
I thought too that maybe Im UNDER feeding her - As my girl is 3.5 ft tall x 4.2 wide atm, So I fed her a nice feed of BPN s Vita blue and Seaweed extract hoping to see her healthy thru til end of harvest.. I use a 100% organic soil, HUMUS which has microbes and a n,p,k base as it breaks down over time. In this pot I have minimal Humus so not sure myself which way to go..
Ive flushed, and just about everything that could be the issue, I have noticed some Fungus gnats, but not many - Ive had heaps on plants before and they were fine, but Im killing em off anyway..
Hope you sort it out mate.. Later, Smokemup

Hey buddy, what youre describing sounds like a prob I had couple grows ago and may be going thru the same now..
Her leaves kind of showed a Potass def, at first, then as you said was almost like a mix of cal mag and Potass?? I tried to adjust it a few ways but had no luck the leaves just kept on yellowing and showing these symptoms til harvest. Most bud leaves were minimally affected but did still have slight spots.. I also grow in soil, I thought maybe a PH thing, Butt unless my meters stuffed Im sitting on 6.8.
I thought too that maybe Im UNDER feeding her - As my girl is 3.5 ft tall x 4.2 wide atm, So I fed her a nice feed of BPN s Vita blue and Seaweed extract hoping to see her healthy thru til end of harvest.. I use a 100% organic soil, HUMUS which has microbes and a n,p,k base as it breaks down over time. In this pot I have minimal Humus so not sure myself which way to go..
Ive flushed, and just about everything that could be the issue, I have noticed some Fungus gnats, but not many - Ive had heaps on plants before and they were fine, but Im killing em off anyway..
Hope you sort it out mate.. Later, Smokemup

Good day, Thanks for sharing that. I will take into account your problems and if what I have recently invested in and done does not work I will look back at this for a change.

I hate the damn fungus gnats, seems like every 3 grows I get um and then have to buy Beneficial Nematodes to knock um out, which they do quick within a week you will notice hardly any and 2 weeks later their will be none. No eggs either. Safe organic way of introducing nature to take care of nature.
Ever give um a try?

Oh if possible buy a Gen Hydroponics drip test, fill the vial up half way add a few drops of solution give it a lil shake and you will have results. I wasted money before on a digital PH tester, quit reading/working FAST.
Smoke um if ya got um:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom