Favorite Strain?

Kush Killer

jsut curious to see what you all consider your "favorite" strain.. please include the reason why its your favorite strain as well:peace:

i would have to say so far my fav has been this OG kush.. had everything i needed, bag appeal,smell,unbeatable high...

Yay...first reply! :high-five:

My favorite strain right now has to be 'Vanilla Kush' from Barney's... reason being, it's the best result we've had from our HG thus far. Awesome smell, look and yield... tastes even better after 9+ mth curing. I don't much else to compare it too though, so...

#1 - OG Kush CA- Strong A++ strain. I mean physco strong.
#2 - Blue Dot CA - Strong A+++ strain, takes 4 plants to = yeild of the white widow
#3 - White Widow OR - A+ strain, Its the look of it and the whiteness.
#4 - BBC #1 CA (Cheese) - A strain, It goes the distance.
#5 - Peak 19 CA - It's Cinderella 99 with diesel,
#6 - Black Russia x Durban Poison, F1 phenotype,for the Color F3 pheno taste, A+ strain.
#7 - Mexi-Sativa MEXICO, Yeild sucks but it is pure and takes 19 weeks minimum. lol.

Anyways I just went through my book and these were in the running for BOMB-CHRON 2011. But the winner hands down was OG Kush... My freinds started calling it, "the fear" and a few only tried it once.

My favorite is Super Skunk or Pretty much any other skunk type. Imo nothing beats the strong musk of good hydro grown skunk.

DJ Short's Original Blueberry
DJ Short's Flo
Sensi Seed's Jack Herer
Sensi Seeds's Hash Plant
DNA Genetics' L.A. Confidential
Tom Hill's Deep Chunk
Bros. Grimm's Cinderella 99
TGA Genetics' Querkle

Why is super lemon haze never on these when it seems to win so much?

Never tried it myself.

As for my favorite, snow white from nirvana. Smooth smoke and good smell, best part was the high. It was one you would watch a familiar movie on and notice all kinds of new things, very cool. Very hardy plant too.

The negative was just a moderate yield and longer flower time.

Another favorites thread....I just can't get enough...ok

No order:
Dj shorts blueberry
Platinum OGKush
MANGOKUSH
Purple dream
Blue dream
Blue dragon
Ohhh hell anything blue is the best....
Headband

I have found the fruity-floral spectrum to result in the best highs, at least for myself.
If the plant smells pleasing, it is generally going to sit well with me. If it smells too astringent, chemical, rotten-meat, lemony, sour, diesel-like, etc., I find that I don't get the same ecstatic, humorous, mind-expansion effects as I do with the fruity-floral strains. Some of the spicy ones, like Herer or Hash Plant, can also be quite ecstatic, but, honestly, the DJ Short strains seem to sit best with this old man (he played nick-nack on my head).

Yeah I agree on fruity. I lean towards berry flavors. And I also like purple. But lately I am digging all kinds of purple buds from non purple strains. It's almost like show and tell. Clone A is og kush grown at 72 constant and clone B is the same og kush only every night the temps got dropped to 55 and then we went to 74 in the day. Everything else including the nutes in the res was identical.

The result was the nicest variation or color taste and strength, like two different strains. Neat.

Of recent strains I have smoked;

#1 White Widow - Dutch Passion, closest thing to match any of those all time faves I mention below. Great all around buzz and good pain killer and relaxant. I would love to have this available daily if it were possible.

#2 ??? all I know is it was California medical and kicked but.

#3 Afrodite - Kannabia - Early samples actually had me vibrating when I smoked it. It got a little more amber since and was harvested 2 weeks ago. The smoke is now very stoney with a black peppery hashy taste.

#4 Vanilla Kush - Barneys - great for relaxing and pain relief.

#5 Kandy Kush - Reserva Privada, Good all around high, spicy taste,

All time favorite strains I have smoked;

#1 Khyber - early 90's if I remember. by far the most psychoactive stoner smoke I ever had the pleasure of trying.

#2 Colombian Gold - late 70's Miami. The prettiest multi color buds I ever saw. Killer couch lock laughable weed. I have obtained 35 year old seeds of it and cant get one to sprout. I have seeds of the next 2 mentioned also, no sprouts.

#3 Maui Wowwi - early 80's. First real good seedless pot I was introduced to that had a great soaring high and lasted long.

#4 Kona Gold - Late 70's. True all gold pot with a sweet fruity taste.

#5 Thai Stick - mid to late 70's. Almost psychedelic.

Yeah I agree on fruity. I lean towards berry flavors. And I also like purple. But lately I am digging all kinds of purple buds from non purple strains. It's almost like show and tell. Clone A is og kush grown at 72 constant and clone B is the same og kush only every night the temps got dropped to 55 and then we went to 74 in the day. Everything else including the nutes in the res was identical.

The result was the nicest variation or color taste and strength, like two different strains. Neat.

so which of the too (a or b) was overall better? the cooler temps or norm temps?

I'd say A in the morning and B in the evening, What is nice is having the variation of flavor.
The purple (b) seemed to hold me better on the couch or on my back when resting my neck but the norml (a) actually seemed to cure better,

Casey jones- taste but wow I liked that buzz slightly relaxed body, soaring wide awake but cloudy mind.
Barneys farm Vanilla kush- taste and buzz, relaxing but fairly psychoactive can be sedative
Big buddha blue cheese- taste and buzz, relaxing can be sedative
Apollo-taste and buzz, slightly relaxing but upbeat enough for a daytimer
The hog- taste, nice and relaxing buzz

I smoked a lot of strains in my life - in Europe we're dominated by Dutch genetics - of which some cannot be recognised by name unfortunately, but nothing beat F2 or F3 hybrid grown by my friends outdoor. It was a result of a random pollination within the outdoor mix sold by Dutch Passion. I still wonder who the parents were, but as the smoke was strong, high long lasting (3-4 hours easily) and definitely sativa dominant, my guess is something like Power Plant x Durban Poison x Passion # 1. I'd like to recreate it one day!

In the late 70's while in college I was given a zip of Afghan, a buddy was working over there in the oil biz and scored it, he sent that and some hash back.
I had one female from the seeds in that bag, hell it had at least 15 males. Anyway, I topped that plant 4 times and just let it go. It was over 6 ft tall and had a 10 foot diameter. I lived a quarter mile off the highway and if the wind was blowing right I could smell it when I turned off the highway. It filled gallon jars and jars and jars with wonderful buds. It had a harsh coughing inhale a taste like the skunky smell, the high was unbelieveable. Still have folks that smoked it back then say do you remember that plant you grew in the college. It was very memorable. Wish I could regenerated it from a dried leaf, I have a couple in an old dictionary. Any biologist in the group?

Peace out,

GR

Back
Top Bottom