Fem or reg seeds

CAT345longsti

fem or reg seeds for making a mother need advice from experience growers only iv read so much back and forth and seriously its a hard decision ...

It just depends on what you want to do with it. if you're going to try a breeding project it's best to stick with photoperiod genes. Plus you can make your own seeds with the the pollen from the males.

Some people say that feminized plants have a higher tendency to go hermaphrodite but this is highly contested and some say that all plants will have the same tendency to go hermie if conditions are right to do so.

I don't have a lot of experience but I currently grow two strains that were self-pollinated to be feminized. Through two cycles I haven't ha any hermie problems, and the first one was 12/12 form seed an was very stressful on them so if they were going to show up they would have.

I don't thing it really matters a great deal.

Perhaps the most avid grower one may say reg female for a mother.

I've kept a few feminized mothers before & never really had a problem...

It is just some strains whether it be reg/fem may have more of a chance of hermie than others & most of the time it is just a little extra free seed in the bud never harmed over all effect etc

I got both reg and fem.
I take clones of every plant I grow and keep the best for mothers.
It takes about 6 weeks till I can get clones from seed and take 2-3 clones of every plant.
1 for a possible mother 1-2 to grow out later if I like that pheno.

If you like to keep mothers and clone buy an aero cloner.

I got both reg and fem.
I take clones of every plant I grow and keep the best for mothers.
It takes about 6 weeks till I can get clones from seed and take 2-3 clones of every plant.
1 for a possible mother 1-2 to grow out later if I like that pheno.

If you like to keep mothers and clone buy an aero cloner.
Same system here 2-3 clones per. Plant + keep 1 as a mother 2 to grow!

There is really only one or 2 things to decide what to grow.

1. Do you want to produce seeds?
2. Are you interested in sexing and culling the males, so that you do not produce seeds?

If you just want to have a simple phoro period grow use "Fem" seeds and you alleviate worrying about pollen making males and producing seeds. Hope this helps.

Really old thread....
I practice KNF to some extent. Chris trump is a friend of mine and we have done a couple podcasts. Nice to see KNF represented. That excites me! Peace.

p.s. I am legally blind and just clicked on new posts and somehow this thread also popped up, so I just chimed in. good info either way regardless. Roger

I practice KNF to some extent. Chris trump is a friend of mine and we have done a couple podcasts. Nice to see KNF represented. That excites me! Peace.

p.s. I am legally blind and just clicked on new posts and somehow this thread also popped up, so I just chimed in. good info either way regardless. Roger
Wow, that's cool! I've watched a bunch of Chris' content. He really knows his stuff. Which KNF inputs do you use?

Wow, that's cool! I've watched a bunch of Chris' content. He really knows his stuff. Which KNF inputs do you use?
Well now,

Of course I made LAB and FPJ from Dandelions right off the bat. I am working on my OHN, and I am getting ready to make some rice and gather mycelium for a new batch of IMO. I just bought a new cement mixer end of 2021to help out the process. I have a collection of eggshells to make some calcium. I plan to do all and I will docement the process for each input when I get the chance. I even use the LAB in my hydro. I am a member of the team for Rhe regenerative Organic Cannabis conference and got to hang out with Chris, Kevin Jodery, Dragon fly Earth Medicine, Steve Dredd (Potent Ponics), Josh Rutherford from Dutch Blooms (also conference founder), amongst a few others. Ir was a 3 day blast in Michigan. Unfortunately, I have not been able to be involved since COVID19 came around and we had to cancel 2020 Conferences. Man, do I have some good old war stories. :D

Well now,

Of course I made LAB and FPJ from Dandelions right off the bat. I am working on my OHN, and I am getting ready to make some rice and gather mycelium for a new batch of IMO. I just bought a new cement mixer end of 2021to help out the process. I have a collection of eggshells to make some calcium. I plan to do all and I will docement the process for each input when I get the chance. I even use the LAB in my hydro. I am a member of the team for Rhe regenerative Organic Cannabis conference and got to hang out with Chris, Kevin Jodery, Dragon fly Earth Medicine, Steve Dredd (Potent Ponics), Josh Rutherford from Dutch Blooms (also conference founder), amongst a few others. Ir was a 3 day blast in Michigan. Unfortunately, I have not been able to be involved since COVID19 came around and we had to cancel 2020 Conferences. Man, do I have some good old war stories. :D
A cement mixer, eh? Now that's some serious production. I make many of my concoctions in quart Mason jars :laughtwo: .

Tag me in when you document the process if you do so in a thread. I'd love to follow along if you share it.

I've made a bunch of both the KNF and Jadam extracts and have done various experiments that I document in my 'Alchemy' thread. Got a few video links to Chris' stuff in there as well.

Good stuff and the plants seem to love it. :Namaste:

A cement mixer, eh? Now that's some serious production. I make many of my concoctions in quart Mason jars :laughtwo: .

Tag me in when you document the process if you do so in a thread. I'd love to follow along if you share it.

I've made a bunch of both the KNF and Jadam extracts and have done various experiments that I document in my 'Alchemy' thread. Got a few video links to Chris' stuff in there as well.

Good stuff and the plants seem to love it. :Namaste:
I only use the cement mixer for IMO. You end up adding soil and materials to the pile, so you cannot make IMO in Mason jars. :)

I only use the cement mixer for IMO. You end up adding soil and materials to the pile, so you cannot make IMO in Mason jars. :)
I saw a Trump video where he was making banana flower fpj and I think he used a cement mixer for that to mix in the sugar. I've not done the IMO, but rather use the Jadam Microbial Solution. And that one you can do in a Mason jar. :laughtwo:

I saw a Trump video where he was making banana flower fpj and I think he used a cement mixer for that to mix in the sugar. I've not done the IMO, but rather use the Jadam Microbial Solution. And that one you can do in a Mason jar. :laughtwo:
LOL. That was at Chris's Dad's farm in Hawaii. it is like a big plantation. I make FPJ in Mason jars and it lasts me forever...LOL I still have 2 jars with 3 year old FPJ and it just gets more potent. In fact; It has shrunk in size and as Chris teaches; You can use less as your inputs age. I have some of his bottled OHN and he told me that it had some years on it and I could probably use 1/2 as much as recommended due to the ongoing molecular changes as it ages. :)

LOL. That was at Chris's Dad's farm in Hawaii. it is like a big plantation. I make FPJ in Mason jars and it lasts me forever...LOL I still have 2 jars with 3 year old FPJ and it just gets more potent. In fact; It has shrunk in size and as Chris teaches; You can use less as your inputs age. I have some of his bottled OHN and he told me that it had some years on it and I could probably use 1/2 as much as recommended due to the ongoing molecular changes as it ages. :)
Do you run your whole grow on just the knf inputs?

Do you run your whole grow on just the knf inputs?
I do not have "A" grow. I have several. I have Natural garden/s and raised beds. My greenhouse is a hydroponic system, and I make my own nutrient solution from scratch. I grow in Pro-Mix as well, and use KNF or other organic solutions in those. I plan to build an aquaponic system this coming year in an extension I am setting up to my current greenhouse. I still have 50-70' of greenhouse on the ground unassembled.

Nice! I built a countertop aquaponics system a few years back. Kind of a cool mix.

Do you have a thread running? I don't see it in your sig.
No. I joined 420 in 2014, and then got hired by another forum and really did not have time for both. I am free now, so I stopped in a week or so ago, and have been chatting with members a bit. I am in a non legal state, so I generally never share current MMJ projects. I do have GrowFAQs, I have written and accumulated over the past 18-20 years, but I am not sure 420 wants me to post them at this point. Still learning how to be, "just a member", LOL

Back
Top Bottom