Fem seeds for mother plant - New grower - Please help

Well Like we said many times. You can always use them but it doesn't save you anything if you are doing it correctly. Also there is a chance that when using Fem seeds you get inferior plants. We said up front on page one you can use them.

But as we explained a few times it doesn't help or save any time if you are doing a proper selection process. It only makes a difference if you don't care about what you are getting. If you are not going to go through a selection process and just clone any plant that sprouts up then go for it.

It wont take much experience to realize that even great plants can produce seeds that are duds. I have one now. It is a total mess. I thought there was a problem in the soil. I tried everything and nothing really worked. It came up auto topped, grew horribly, I finally got it sort of healthy right before flipping to bloom then it crashed. No real good diagnosis I can think of just looks horrible (and I am recognized on htis sight as one of the best problem diagnoses out there 420 Magazine's Member of the Month - January 2016). Before flipping them I took clones. The clones in different soil are starting to do the same thing. Just a very retarded seed from the same pack from a highly respected seed bank. So you have to grow them out and test them to see if they are worth making into a mother.

As we stated best to throw down 5-10 seeds and select a mother from that which works the best...Using a Fem does not make this selection process any easier. It just allows you to gamble that the 1 seed you put down is a great seed and not worry about step 1 of 10.

After a few years of growing seeds you will understand how easy it is to get duds and how free clones are. "Wasting" a few seeds to get the best possible mother is one of the best investments you can do.

Back
Top Bottom